PRE-GAME Round 3 - Tigers vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I agree with the call that we can't take this too lightly. Tiggers did beat the Roosters in round 1.

I seen on courier mail that Bird could make shock debut can anyone post that story.

I'd be interested to see how glen was. He seemed to injure himself at one stage. I suppose sua will come in the bench, but I'd love to see that 17th spot on the rotated during the season to blood some of the up and coming back rowers and centres when they show form. The same with a front row bench spot.
First though, the team needs some consistency. The likes of Tevita, sua and the younger players need to iron out some rough edges, and the older players need to lead with consistent application of work ethic and attention to plans and strategy.
We don't need perfect games to win the competition, just the kind drive and motivation shown. The occasional change, even in winning teams can help that.

Bird broncsfeb7

Star Broncos signing Jack Bird could return from injury in round three

March 17, 2018

STAR Brisbane recruit Jack Bird could make a shock debut for the Broncos on Friday following the loss of centre Jordan Kahu to a broken jaw.

Kiwi international Kahu is facing up to three months on the sideline after having surgery on the horror injury he suffered in Brisbane’s win over North Queensland on Friday night.

Brisbane high performance manager Jeremy Hickmans told The Sunday Mail that Kahu had broken his jaw in “a couple of places”.

While Tom Opacic did a solid job replacing Kahu off the bench on Friday night, the Broncos could this week be boosted by the introduction of former Cronulla centre Bird.

The NSW Origin gun is yet to make his debut for his new club after having shoulder surgery during the off-season.

He had been expected to make his return to the field between Rounds 4 and 6 but Hickmans admitted Bird could be back as soon as Friday night’s match against Wests Tigers.

“There’s a chance,” Hickmans told The Sunday Mail.

“We’ve tested him out quite a bit the last couple of weeks and he’s been going well. It’s just whether the surgeon is happy with where he is.

“We had never talked about (his return) for this week but whether that (Kahu) injury does push it a little bit, we’ll see how he goes.

“We were always going to test him out this weekend, so we’ll go through the same process and see where he is.”

Bird underwent testing yesterday and is also expected to meet with his surgeon midway through this week in the hope of getting the all-clear.

Hickmans said those plans were in place before Kahu got injured but they could certainly help push Bird’s case for a return sooner rather than later.

It is understood the 22-year-old is confident he is ready to make his comeback and Hickmans said that mental grit is something they will need to see from Bird before they tick him off.

“He just has to tick all those boxes of contact and pull up okay and in his own head be confident as well,” Hickmans said.

“It’s really just about complete comfort with contact. He’s only just done full contact for the last two or three weeks. He’s pulled up sore a couple of times but nothing too dramatic.”

If Bird cannot prove his fitness in time for Friday, it is expected Opacic will be given another shot in the starting side.

The young centre was a standout for Brisbane towards the back end of their 2016 season but endured an injury-plagued 2017, only making his NRL comeback on Friday.

Source: Courier Mail

Only early in the game but I’ve been really impressed with the tigers defence against the storm. Hitting hard and sticking. Storm are struggling to make yards early on even though they’ve had most of the ball.

We'll need to sick TPJ or Lodge onto Benji next week. It's obvious his time with us has given him a 2nd wind and he'll have insider knowledge of our tactics now as well.

Tigers game against the Storm just confirms that you can't take them lightly.

Not many teams have gone 35 minutes and kept Storm scoreless.

Ivan's building something there and the players are buying into it. We drop our guard and they can hurt us.

Tigers game against the Storm just confirms that you can't take them lightly.

Not many teams have gone 35 minutes and kept Storm scoreless.

Ivan's building something there and the players are buying into it. We drop our guard and they can hurt us.

A lot of this, but also a bit of Storm being shitty and un-Storm like. Superb defence.

Can't underestimate them, good forwards. I'm expecting a win though.

Wayne could learn a thing or two from Cleary about how to handle Melbourne

TPJ can go to lock and moose to front row

Thought moose did well being a link man giving some width to our ruck instead of one out shit. Tpj is giving us to big guys up front why go back to a smaller guy ??? Maybe move him when hass comes in but untl then , keep the size up front

Tigers are the real deal atm it seems.

Will be a cracker at Campbelltown next week.

Tigers two very difficult games in a row, should hopefully be flat coming up against us.

Will probably be a tough, close game. Campbelltown Stadium in front of a big crowd. Lots of casuals jumping on their bandwagon. They'll be confident.

If our forwards turn up like they did last night and we hold the ball, it’ll be a close game for about 60mins and then we’ll open them up and put a few points on them in the final 20 or so.

If they don’t turn up, well who knows. Tigers have shown in the first 2 weeks they’re going to play for 80 minutes, no doubt. But I’m not willing to call them world-beaters just yet. Look how well the Dragons started last year and where that got them.

If our forwards turn up like they did last night and we hold the ball, it’ll be a close game for about 60mins and then we’ll open them up and put a few points on them in the final 20 or so.

If they don’t turn up, well who knows. Tigers have shown in the first 2 weeks they’re going to play for 80 minutes, no doubt. But I’m not willing to call them world-beaters just yet. Look how well the Dragons started last year and where that got them.

On a side not , the storm plays cows next week how good if they lose 2 games ina row

Should put Bird at lock, oppa in the centres again and have Moose off the bench replacing Sammy, he would have a massive impact around the 15-20 minute mark

Active Now

• Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Manofoneway
  • The True King
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MasterWright
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.