Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Ofahengaue's play the ball was fine. He was on a very slight angle, but it wasn't an illegal play the ball. Rochow was never square.

While it wasn't the first time it happened, it was still a legitimate penalty. The refs have been cracking down on this kind of stuff and as a result we got a penalty.

The fact that the refs have been demoted is just ridiculous, to be honest. Their instructions were to crack down on this kind of stuff, then they do and they get demoted for it.

Todd Greenburg, weak as piss.

Whats interesting is all these experts in the media carrying on, and also some former player commentators. The reality is that both teams had ample opportunity during the 80mins to win the match- so whats the excuse if the coin flips either side for Broncos or Tigers.

Sutton: If they identify that the marker is not square, I want them to have the confidence to award the penalty.

Then why the **** are you demoting them?!

Todd Greenburg, weak as piss.

Whats interesting is all these experts in the media carrying on, and also some former player commentators. The reality is that both teams had ample opportunity during the 80mins to win the match- so whats the excuse if the coin flips either side for Broncos or Tigers.

To be fair to Greenberg, it's not his decision to make. It was Bernard Sutton's.

Split halves work best when you have someone like Smith in the middle and Slater at fullback. I feel like teams need to move on from that too.

So the poor refs get made the fall guys. Just coz Gould and his obsequies lackies think it shows their game awareness when they bag the ref for what they got wrong. It's a cancer this mindset. Every year they bag the refs. and we see the rules get changed to satisfy their perceptions of what is wrong with the game. Yet crowd numbers continue to fall despite the fact. Can't wait to see the back of Gould, his hubris is doing our game no favours.
Obsequious(obsequies) and hubris in one post on BHQ ! So pleased am I

Ofahengaue's play the ball was fine. He was on a very slight angle, but it wasn't an illegal play the ball. Rochow was never square.

While it wasn't the first time it happened, it was still a legitimate penalty. The refs have been cracking down on this kind of stuff and as a result we got a penalty.

The fact that the refs have been demoted is just ridiculous, to be honest. Their instructions were to crack down on this kind of stuff, then they do and they get demoted for it.
To be fair, Klein should have been demoted long ago for being completely fucking incompetent.

To be fair, Klein should have been demoted long ago for being completely fucking incompetent.

Which is pathetic once again that he actually does get demoted for one of the few teams he does something right, I mean they had to really look hard to find something he did right to demote him for.

It all just shows the weaknesses of the people running the sport, they cave in at every opportunity.

Lol that time he checked for a penalty try against us that wasn’t even a penalty

Harrigan on Controversy Corner reckons that Rochow shouldn't have been penalized anyway because he didn't put pressure on Isaako.

I'm not sure how he came to that conclusion.

He was running directly at Isaako. Isaako would have seen him and that would have been in his mind, he would have been trying to get to the kick as quick as possible to ensure that Rochow didn't stop him from taking the field goal attempt.

That's putting pressure on a player. You don't have to physically touch someone to put pressure on them.

Harrigan on Controversy Corner reckons that Rochow shouldn't have been penalized anyway because he didn't put pressure on Isaako.

I'm not sure how he came to that conclusion.

He was running directly at Isaako. Isaako would have seen him and that would have been in his mind, he would have been trying to get to the kick as quick as possible to ensure that Rochow didn't stop him from taking the field goal attempt.

That's putting pressure on a player. You don't have to physically touch someone to put pressure on them.
It pains me every time I hear that Hollywood was the best referee ever and that he let the players decide the winner.

Not in the 2002 final between Brisbane and the Roosters he didn’t - he did everything he could to pineapple us in that game - and he succeeded.

Anyway, spilt milk.

Regardless of what Sutton is saying publicly, he just sent a message to his entire referee team to NOT blow penalties in golden point ...

if you do, we will come out and say you were wrong (even if it was 100% right, like in this game) ... then demote you.

there were several other blatantly wrong decisions and all of those refs survived ...

so Klein either paid the price for blowing a penalty in golden point ... or awarding it to the Broncos handing them the game.

-------

The Tigers were banking that Klein wouldn't penalise them for being off side because it was golden point (and TBF, history says that was a good chance). so they pushed the boundaries.

It pains me every time I hear that Hollywood was the best referee ever and that he let the players decide the winner.

Not in the 2002 final between Brisbane and the Roosters he didn’t - he did everything he could to pineapple us in that game - and he succeeded.

Anyway, spilt milk.
So true, that first half was painful to watch especially when it became apparent so early that the Broncos were already pencilled in by some higher authority for a loss. First rule of betting- if it can talk it can be bought.

Regardless of what Sutton is saying publicly, he just sent a message to his entire referee team to NOT blow penalties in golden point ...

if you do, we will come out and say you were wrong (even if it was 100% right, like in this game) ... then demote you.

there were several other blatantly wrong decisions and all of those refs survived ...

so Klein either paid the price for blowing a penalty in golden point ... or awarding it to the Broncos handing them the game.

-------

The Tigers were banking that Klein wouldn't penalise them for being off side because it was golden point (and TBF, history says that was a good chance). so they pushed the boundaries.

Yep, they've basically just said to the players "Here's a free pass if it gets to GP fellas"

I'm still trying to get my head around Ivan saying that actually in the presser "Traditionally, penalties aren't blown in GP....." not a fan of that attitude at all.

I’d like to see a referee strike, personally. That would bring some gravity to fixing the basics.

Me too. I'd like to see many of them receive a strike to the head and groin region.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • rnabokov
  • Mustafur
  • Gaz
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.