Round 3 - Titans vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
We won't hear until about 11:30pm when they do the wrap up.

Joey reported Hoffman's was just a corked calf.

Hodges was just a tweak.

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
A tweak for justin usually means another 2-3 weeks off :P

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Russo said:
Wallace was MoTM for me, best game I've seen from him for a long while.

If he was a backrower I'd agree with you - But he is out halfback and we still need more out of him in attack

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Crazy Sam said:
A tweak for justin usually means another 2-3 weeks off :P
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
What does a tweak mean in weeks of football is what we want to hear.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
BroncoMatt said:
Russo said:
Wallace was MoTM for me, best game I've seen from him for a long while.

If he was a backrower I'd agree with you - But he is out halfback and we still need more out of him in attack

Agree with both of you. Best game from Wallace in ages, but we need more from him, especially in attack. Plus his long kicking game, needs to find the grass more often.

But definitely improving. As are hunt and Macca.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
That Hodges try was just vintage. His performance overall was like he never left, which is amazing given that Achilles injuries can end careers.

Skilled isn't a bad stadium to watch footy but it's retarded trying to catch the train home.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Have to watch that game again to get a handle on it I reckon.

Superb defensive effort and great attitude against a mountain of possession but rubbish Titans attack.

The attack apart from the mistakes was just too conservative although when you drop that amount of pill off the back of no possession it's hard to get anything going.

I'm really hoping to see something in attack soon built on more D like that.

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Great win, considering how much we had to defend in their half all night. But good defence wins game - as they say. If it were against a better team we could have been 40 points down. Lucky the Tits were pretty average.

Very unimpressed with a couple of those stripping penalties - keep it consistent refs!!

Keep up the good work boys - with good ball control, we could be in for a great season icon_thumbs_u

Very happy to see Hodgo score that try too!!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Fozz said:
That Hodges try was just vintage. His performance overall was like he never left, which is amazing given that Achilles injuries can end careers.

Skilled isn't a bad stadium to watch footy but it's retarded trying to catch the train home.

Tell me about it still on the bastard train

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
crap game but gutsy gutsy win! Wallace beale and hunt all played their best games in christ knows how long. Now if we just hold the ball we can do good things

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
My god the refs are retarded more then usual this week! Oh and shave ya beard suttor you look like a douche

Anyway good to get a win, just need to reinforce to certain players to just do their job and not go the magic play everytime

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Plus his long kicking game, needs to find the grass more often.

Glad someone else mentioned this. I don't think he found the grass once tonight! Also, how did he miss that drop-goal attempt? [eusa_eh

He has improved, but needs to start showing more with the ball in hand.

Want to give a big wrap to Beale. Absolutely fantastic performance after being thrown in the deep end. That tackle on Zillman was phenomenal. Once he swerved back across field, I thought he was definitely going to score.

Our defence was amazing, especially considering how poor it was last season. It looks like we've worked hard on it and it's starting to pay off. The Titans only try came directly from a mistake by us. That to me, says a lot.

Solid return from Hodges, that try is why he's such an important player for us. It's his trademark. Get on the outside of your man, introduce him to the palm and stride through. I've missed that.

Impressed with Reed's ability under the high ball.

On an overall level though, I think our attack was uninspiring. We looked devoid of creativity and at times it was painful trying to watch us break the line. Hopefully we'll improve over the next few weeks.

On another note, am I the only one who thought the referees were not so good tonight? Some really inconsistent and bizarre decisions IMO. For instance, we were penalised twice for being offside on our own line, yet whenever we were down the Titans end, their players didn't even have one foot behind the line, let alone two. There were plenty of other dubious decisions as well.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Great preformance by the guys. I thought Teo was amazing in Defence off the bench. Glen and Parker were great as well. Wallace was great in defence, he needs to get better in attack but we didnt have any ball.
Still need to improve our attack but God our defence has been amazing. Cant remember the last time we had defence like that. Maybe the last year or so will pay off with the great young talent we have blooded! :D

Now onto the Panthers. Good to see we have won two games away from home as well. Good start to the season so far. Long long way to go though.

S

sydney_bronco09

NYC Player
Apr 24, 2008
brilliant. guys how bout a big wrap for jack reed? i thought he has done an amazing job the first 3 weeks?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
draggx said:
Tell me about it still on the bastard train

Haven't even made it to Beenleigh yet. I'll be lucky to be in bed by midnight.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Our defense has been unreal this season so far. Truly superb goal line defense. We got hammered by the refs all night imo and still never gave up. a real character building win which is great for the kids, Wallace was better but he is a halfback not a lock. Beale looks at home at fullback shame he won't be able to make the position his own. I see something in Beale for sure. Hunt and Macca were both good and Gillett just needs to learn when to hold onto the ball ffs. Great win IMO our attack will get better as long as we are getting the points at this stage of the season I don't care.

Titans fans are specials and there stadium is poo

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
haha that woman with her kids after the game was something special

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.