Round 3 - Titans vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Feel free to vent GC, and mate we are all thinking of him and your family.

Hope he get well soon man.

Coxy said:
Wrap for Hannant too. Fat but he really motored.

Hunt, Wallace, Parker, Beale, Hodges, McCullough, Glenn, Reed, Yow Yeh and Lockyer all had quality involvement consistently.

Hoffman's run when he got injured was superb.
Gillett a mixed bag. Still not impressed with Thaiday, McGuire, Tronc or Te'o.

I'm one of Tronc's toughest critics, but I reckon he played one of his best games for us. He made heaps of tackles and on many occasions was the first bloke to tackle after a kick-chase. He needs to do more with his runs/hit ups though.

To bring up something that hasn't been touched on yet.. does anyone else think Locky is starting to really show his age?

Watching him over the past few weeks, he doesn't seem to have the spark that he had even as recently as last season. Not doubting his legendary status, I just get the impression that the end is nigh.

ethos said:
To bring up something that hasn't been touched on yet.. does anyone else think Locky is starting to really show his age?

Watching him over the past few weeks, he doesn't seem to have the spark that he had even as recently as last season. Not doubting his legendary status, I just get the impression that the end is nigh.

He has been slow starter for about the last 5 seasons - He'll hit peak form about 5 weeks before Origin icon_thumbs_u

ethos said:

He didn't have much to work with and came off with some good tackles..

Hoffman could be out for up to two weeks with a corked calf.

Probably means Beale to fullback and Kemp the wing.

Mister Wright said:
Hoffman could be out for up to two weeks with a corked calf.

Probably means Beale to fullback and Kemp the wing.

i doubt im the only person (who in the past has called for beales dropping) to be salivating at this prospect?

at least to see what happens... [icon_shru

I thought Lockyer was great in defense last night. They threw a fair bit at him and he more than held his own.

Guys when Lockyer retires I think that Josh Hoffman will move into the five-eighth position. Than who will take fullback??? After last nights performance you would have to think Beale??? However Dane Gagai has got to be in the running as well. Thoughts???

In reference to Beale, Hook said...

"He's been going pretty well, he's first game against the Cowboys was terrific."

Terrific? Solid sure but no where near terrific and he shouldn't be by anyone's standards.

Seems like Beale is definitely a club favourite.

Looks like he'll play the next two weeks at the back as well.

EDIT: In good news, Hodges will be right for next week, just a tight hammy.

Big Pete said:
In reference to Beale, Hook said...

"He's been going pretty well, he's first game against the Cowboys was terrific."

Terrific? Solid sure but no where near terrific and he shouldn't be by anyone's standards.

Seems like Beale is definitely a club favourite.

Looks like he'll play the next two weeks at the back as well.

EDIT: In good news, Hodges will be right for next week, just a tight hammy.

TBF, what a coach says in public is usually completely different to what they say behind closed doors.

I agree with you though, he's been solid at most in our first two games. I thought he did very well last night.

Fair point ning and if the comment was designed to just encourage Beale then that's fine.

Am I the only person surprised by the complete 180 (okay let's say 90) on Wallace this week? It was his basic game, one good player, constantly good defence, ordinary kicking game and one or two silly mistakes yet people are willing to praise him.

I thought he showed some improvement, he wasn't throwing silly passes and was running to the line when nothing was on offer but that was about it.

Big Pete said:
Fair point ning and if the comment was designed to just encourage Beale then that's fine.

Am I the only person surprised by the complete 180 (okay let's say 90) on Wallace this week? It was his basic game, one good player, constantly good defence, ordinary kicking game and one or two silly mistakes yet people are willing to praise him.

I thought he showed some improvement, he wasn't throwing silly passes and was running to the line when nothing was on offer but that was about it.

Once again, I am in agreement with you!

It was a solid performance from him, no more IMO. Did very well defensively, but showed basically no spark with the ball in hand.

GCBRONCO said:
Won't be forgetting this game anytime soon, I enjoyed the game and I applaud the Broncos effort in defence but I tell you now the ride home on the train has been the worst experience in my life, I don't know if anyone here was around at the time but you may have seen when the train stopped at Nerang station that a man collapsed(had something that appeared to be similar to one of my seizures) and people were trying to revive him, well that was my father and it scared the absolutely shit out of me because at one stage he was dead, but luckily they were able to get a pulse and get him breathing again and his in hospital, in a lot of pain but alive. I feel for my mum, stuck in Tasmania trying to get a flight home to be here with the family. Main thing he is alive but I tell you it has put things into perspective. I don't mean to take it away from topic but I just needed to get it out :cry:

oh mate that sucks hopefully the recovery goes well. I actually saw all the commotion when I got off the Train at Nerang. Must have been a real shock for you and scary as. :cry:

I think Wallace was outstanding last night but was it his job as halfback outstanding our just his defense and toughness that made it outstanding??

Besides his absolutely fantastic display in defense, I thought Wallace did a very good job given what he got to work with in attack. His kicking wasn't great, but he generally got the ball on the 5th tackle and kicking from your own 30 mtrs with the opposition wingers and FB back in position, it's very hard to find grass IMO.
He ran well at the line, got a few good passes away, including the beauty for Glenn's try and the easier assist for Hodgo's game breaker. Really can't fault the bloke!

It seems clear to me that Hook's focus has been to get the defense right, and we now only need to get our handling right and run better lines, because we do have the backline to finish teams off.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Fozz
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncoscope
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.