Round 4 - Broncos v Dragons - Pre Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
just passing on the info, but i disagree. i know who i'd rather play be it quinlan or dugan.

Team List!!!

1 Ben Barba
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Jack Reed
4 Dale Copley
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Josh Hoffman
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Corey Parker (c)
11 Alex Glenn
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Matt Gillett

Interchange
14 Corey Oates
15 Martin Kennedy
16 Todd Lowrie
17 Jarrod Wallace
18 David Hala

no hannant still. not too worried.

good side. we got this

We are so good we are playing with 18, I'm very confident.

Nice to see Oates retain his spot. He didn't receive a whole lot of time but I thought in his first game back he made an impression, hopefully with that under his belt, he can make a further impact on Friday.

Glad Oates is there again, I must say that I'd rather give Hala another run over Lowrie or Wallace.

Keys to winning against the Dragons:

1. Bulldoze through the middle. Run the forwards in pairs. They have a tiny pack and they won't handle it.

2. We need to get in Morris' face. Run him off the ball on high kicks.

3. Cut down Widdop's time with the ball. Put him on his back after he passes. We want him to know he's a marked man and not welcome on the field.

4. Run at Williams.

5. Use Barba attacking the right side of the field. He's got Beale for speed and Nightingale will come in, leaving a saloon passage down the wing.

6. Defence, defence, defence.

I think Lowrie has been ok in the first couple of games apart from being knocked out against the dogs.

Oates was very good in defence but i didnt see him run the ball too much. He will need to pick that side of the game up.

Wallace also impressed me against the chooks so I'd probably go with him over Hala. Wallace makes more runs, can play more minutes and was very solid in defence. Hala needs to be able to sustain 20mins of football otherwise he is a waist on the bench.

To me having Oates and Lowrie on the bench is a bit silly as both are kind of playing the same role.

Hala needs to be there again also .... more of those devastating hitups are required !!

Hala could be anything but I do agree he needs to do it consistently. 1 hit up is not enough but I love what he offers us, especially with Hannant fit as with him, McG and Kennedy all capable of big minutes, Hala is the perfect foil.

To me having Oates and Lowrie on the bench is a bit silly as both are kind of playing the same role.

Hala needs to be there again also .... more of those devastating hitups are required !!

Oates is a ball runner and Lowrie a defensive forward ????????

Wallace with zero minutes or hala with 10 minutes and impact hmmm. Oates made no runs because he only got 5 minutes when we were on the defensive. Hope barba has a good game and Hoffman passes a little more.

I want Hala over over Wallace... Happy with the team anyway but it's a shame Hannant isn't back because he could have pushed Lowrie out.

Hala really adds a lot of strength and is a very good in short spurts of the bench. I would like too see him get more minutes than what he is getting now.

Hala close to the line could be a great try scoring play!

He adds extra X Factor to the forward pack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Thelmus
  • Fitzy
  • Hurrijo
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Ronald
  • Harry Sack
  • armchair
  • Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.