Round 4 Discussion

Yeah I'm with Ports, abysmal refereeing. I'm pretty sure a Raiders player kicked it out on the full in the first half and the touchy missed it.

What's going on here?

Canberra down to 15 men yet controlling the game comfortably.

Bman, what's your take?

The Raiders just played simply and constructively and comfortabley defeated an under strength but very dissapointing Souths outfit. I didn't think the refs were that bad but the 40/20 review was something I hadn't seen before but it turned out to be the right decision.

The refs wouldn't have made any difference anyway Souths were poor and Canberra turned up and had the game won at halftime.

Bunnies are struggling. They need to fix attitude and their backline.

My tips for this week.

Roosters
Broncos
Warriors
Panthers
Storm
Rabbitohs
Sharks
Cowboys

Odds: $63.57
Stake: $50.00
Winnings: $3178.56

Hopefully my tips pay off.

Fucking hell. Terrible week.

2/7 so far.

26-0 to Knights.

Second half just started.

Not related to this rounds discussion but that score line shows the situation Cronulla have got themselves in. They have a team just for now not for tommorow while most clubs are building towards the future.

The players they bought at the end of 2012 are in the twilight of their careers. Gordon, Lewis and Heighington are all good players while Lewis is one of the best in the game but they are in their 30's and Gordon is injury prone and Lewis spends time out injured.

Gallen's body is starting to wear down and has suffered 3 injuries in the last year and a bit that has kept him out of action for periods of time plus his rep commitments.

Their backline apart from Gordon, Ryan, Carney and Wright are mainly reserve graders. Ayshford isn't going to set the world on fire, Leutele, Robson, Holdsworth and Stapleton would struggle to make the starting side for most other clubs at full strength.

The forwards are Cronulla's strength but Morris, Tagatese and most of the others aren't world beaters and they have lost their flagship front rower Andrew Fifita to Canterbury while Gallen, Lewis and Gibbs are out for periods at a time for reasons already mentioned.

If they don't focus in development of junior players urgently ASAP or go on the market and pickup anything on offer the Sharks can slip back to the cellar in the near future.

30-0 to Knights

Few minutes left.

Full Time

Knights 30-0 Sharks

I'll call it early, Souffs will struggle to make the 8 on what they have shown so far. Inglis will have to fire every week but they look very beatable this year.
I was very impressed by the Raiders today, they looked super organised and if they keep that pack on the field will trouble every side they play.

Not related to this rounds discussion but that score line shows the situation Cronulla have got themselves in. They have a team just for now not for tommorow while most clubs are building towards the future.

The players they bought at the end of 2012 are in the twilight of their careers. Gordon, Lewis and Heighington are all good players while Lewis is one of the best in the game but they are in their 30's and Gordon is injury prone and Lewis spends time out injured.

Gallen's body is starting to wear down and has suffered 3 injuries in the last year and a bit that has kept him out of action for periods of time plus his rep commitments.

Their backline apart from Gordon, Ryan, Carney and Wright are mainly reserve graders. Ayshford isn't going to set the world on fire, Leutele, Robson, Holdsworth and Stapleton would struggle to make the starting side for most other clubs at full strength.

The forwards are Cronulla's strength but Morris, Tagatese and most of the others aren't world beaters and they have lost their flagship front rower Andrew Fifita to Canterbury while Gallen, Lewis and Gibbs are out for periods at a time for reasons already mentioned.

If they don't focus in development of junior players urgently ASAP or go on the market and pickup anything on offer the Sharks can slip back to the cellar in the near future.

The shitter their players the easier it is to kick them out!

I still think Souths will win the Premiership. If they can get Luke and Keary back and start to fire come finals time they will take some stopping. Their whole plan has been destroyed by losing Keary in the trials. They've made their backline weaker by playing Walker in the 6 instead of having him in the centres. Look at Tuqiri FFS they need to arse him quick smart.

Yep we have been playing like busted asses at the moment. But, frankly we were 1 pass away from beating Manly. We had moments to get level with the Tigers. Ditto for this week. So many chances but 1 player made over 4 mistakes today, 3 lead to tries and another was luckily overturned because somehow Tupou dropped it by the smallest of margins.

We are close to finding the mojo again. These stupid mistakes as making it harder on our halves combinations to make any chances. Something as silly as Sutton getting tackled on the last instead of putting a repeat set in etc. Small things we are not doing like last year, mostly as we hinged so much on Keary.

The biggest factor is also in defence. I think is the game can't be slowed down like we are used to. We improved so much in that area and we are struggling to find what is ok and what isn't under the new rules. If we find it quick enough we might show the form of the last 2 years.

As long as we string some wins together over the next 10 rounds. To try and be just around the 8 will make me happy. Then we just need to build a big run to the finals.

Yep we have been playing like busted asses at the moment. But, frankly we were 1 pass away from beating Manly. We had moments to get level with the Tigers. Ditto for this week. So many chances but 1 player made over 4 mistakes today, 3 lead to tries and another was luckily overturned because somehow Tupou dropped it by the smallest of margins.

We are close to finding the mojo again. These stupid mistakes as making it harder on our halves combinations to make any chances. Something as silly as Sutton getting tackled on the last instead of putting a repeat set in etc. Small things we are not doing like last year, mostly as we hinged so much on Keary.

The biggest factor is also in defence. I think is the game can't be slowed down like we are used to. We improved so much in that area and we are struggling to find what is ok and what isn't under the new rules. If we find it quick enough we might show the form of the last 2 years.

As long as we string some wins together over the next 10 rounds. To try and be just around the 8 will make me happy. Then we just need to build a big run to the finals.
Looks to me like there is some disharmony in the pack. I suppose that's to be expected give there is a cartel in operation.

Looks to me like there is some disharmony in the pack. I suppose that's to be expected give there is a cartel in operation.

Yeah well rumours suggest a rift between Inglis, Sam Burgess and Madge. Maybe true. But Inglis played good but never received the ball besides 1 really good pass inside when he was ankle tapped. Sam didn't really do too much wrong either.

Our bench is our biggest weakness. We have no impact on there. Tom Burgess could be injured for a majority of the year due to his ankle injury. We got rid of Lima who provided something off the bench. Frankly I would rather have Luke Burgess on or Tyrell starting (they are nothing special anyway) and bringing George Burgess on to motor on some tired forwards. But we still don't know how to use Te'o as a hole running back rower he was at the Broncos.

I don't know. We might just have to go back to Reynolds and Sutton as our halves. Just wait till Keary comes back. Maybe bring McInnes onto the bench to give Api a break as he did awesome on debut.

Still waiting for Vaughan to have even a single poor game, it could be a while. He was great for the Raiders once again.

Active Now

• Manifesto
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • heartly87
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • whykickamoocow
  • IceWorks
  • LGH
  • broncotville
  • Fozz
  • Spooky1013
  • cento
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.