Round 4 Discussion

broncoboy

broncoboy

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2015
get rid of guerra he is solid but nothing else, give gillet his spot bring papali onto the bench get rid of lilyman and bring in oates

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
A gutsy win for Manly and they'll be ecstatic with the two points. However, Sydney really should have won that game. They just could not organise a winning play and really the only try they scored was a complete and utter fluke.

I feel sorry for their spine players. Mitchell, Hastings and Nikorima clearly aren't up to this level just yet and Friend is over-compensating. They failed to play to their strengths tonight and lacked the control necessary to put Manly to the sword.

Robinson has to make some big calls with his selections.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Honeymoon is definitely over for the 'bunker' ... In fairness there's been some impossibly tight calls for them to rule on

I think the only one they really chopped was Gilletts. The others stayed as they were when sent up. Even though you could make an argument for some to be overturned I thought they got nearly all of them right.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
They get the 2 points stripped off them.

Raiders don't get them, though.

I seriously doubt the Tits will lose points, most likely a fine at worst. Shillington was only on for 5 secs took his place in the D line then turned and went off the back. He didn't get involved in the play or even attempt to.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
On another note, I am so over G Alexander. Does anyone think he talks through his pocket? .

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Linnett out for 4-6 weeks with his shoulder injury, R.I.P the same 17 for a full season dream.

Anyone got a clue when Tautau Moga will be back? He did his ACL in May last year I think.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Another big game from Matt Parcell tonight. His tackle count would have to reach over fifty and played 80 mins. Still could do a touch more running but he is still finding his way very well.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Another big game from Matt Parcell tonight. His tackle count would have to reach over fifty and played 80 mins. Still could do a touch more running but he is still finding his way very well.

Looks like he made 39 tackles and 4 runs.

So basically 90+ tackles and 9 runs for the week.

Not bad for a bloke who hasn't started much in the big leagues.

I'm with you on Brandy. I don't know if it has anything to do with him per say, but I've started putting the coverage on mute and forcing myself to watch the game more closely. It's amazing what you pick up on when you don't have commentators droning on about moments or agendas. Of course whenever anything goes to the Bunker, I put the sound back on just to see what the process is and 9/10 I disagree with Brandy's interpretation of events.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I feel sorry for their spine players. Mitchell, Hastings and Nikorima clearly aren't up to this level just yet
Hastings definitely isnt teady fore the role they want him to play now. I think he'd improve with Pearce back in charge. Nikorima isnt ready, but he's not too far off either. And yeah, Mitchell definitely needs time in lower grades.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I seriously doubt the Tits will lose points, most likely a fine at worst. Shillington was only on for 5 secs took his place in the D line then turned and went off the back. He didn't get involved in the play or even attempt to.

I have a soft spot for the Tits, and hate Ricky of course, but even if he was in the defensive line for one play it's an issue. If a team is doing it's job (questionable with the Raiders), the fullback should be checking numbers, relaying any relevance to the halves and hooker, and basing decisions on that. One extra person means the spacing between all defenders is decreased, regardless of how close that one person is to the play.

Suck shit regardless Ricky, bitching won't get you the two points even if the Tits lose them.

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
Really testing the memory here, but Broncs had that extra man problem with Webcke and Parker against the Tigers back in about '04 where we lost points. However, didn't we get them back some time later? Can't for the life of me recall how. Anyway, strip the Titans of all current and future competition points just for the fun of it.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I can't believe that John Olive try was awarded. No evidence at all that the ball was grounded but given a try because the on field ref sent it to the bunker as a try. I think that rule needs to be fixed. The Bunker has been ordinary of late. They've still got the same idiots in the box making the decisions except now he has more angles and replays to watch.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
I can't believe that John Olive try was awarded. No evidence at all that the ball was grounded but given a try because the on field ref sent it to the bunker as a try. I think that rule needs to be fixed. The Bunker has been ordinary of late. They've still got the same idiots in the box making the decisions except now he has more angles and replays to watch.
The touch judge said he saw the ball hit the ground, apparently. Can't blame the bunker in this case.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
12417553_989009597819167_3279669786528655217_n.jpg

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • easybreezy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.