Round 4 Discussion

I suggest we did but saying there are others sounds good to justify bad decisions.

They defiantly have other angles we dont get to see. Think thats been confirmed in the past. I dont get why they simply dont show the view that justifies their decision.

They defiantly have other angles we dont get to see. Think thats been confirmed in the past. I dont get why they simply dont show the view that justifies their decision.

Maybe they did in the past but do they still after all the budget cuts and re(de)struct(ur)ing

Maybe they did in the past but do they still after all the budget cuts and re(de)struct(ur)ing

Yep, i'm pretty sure they do. Its always been the case we havent been shown the full picture. Its very suss.

How do budget cuts affect the click of a mouse? They don’t show them for a reason. Another thing I’ve noticed on channel 9 is that if a try is scored after a questionable forward pass the next replay they show will be from behind the posts so the pass looks fine.

Pretty lucky to get the 2 points there. Gutho was offside by a mile, and Fergusons try was pure luck, but class shine through when the ball bounces your way. Think he would be any good as a wing coach, good brain based on something he has done in the past, knows the rules. Surely doesn't have many years on the field left.

How do budget cuts affect the click of a mouse? They don’t show them for a reason. Another thing I’ve noticed on channel 9 is that if a try is scored after a questionable forward pass the next replay they show will be from behind the posts so the pass looks fine.
Exact scenario happened with Gutterson's try. he was well in front of the kick, bu the replay only showed it from behind the goalline angle. So dodgy.
@Dexter highlighted the other night too. One look at Turpins put down - no try. In the Storm game a knock on in goal took 5 minutes and twenty odd angles to work out who knocked on. But yeh no agenda here folks.

They definitely listen to the coverage . Proved it again when PAP dropped that ball onto his foot . Captains challenge was unsuccessful then the commentators bleat about it (correctly) and they overturn the challenge.
I didn't think they VR were allowed to listen to commentators opinion.

What did you think of Sam's debut @Big Pete?
Very impressive.

I thought the Roosters did a very good job of protecting him. They hid him well in defence and they kept his role very simple. It appeared Trent gave him very clear instructions where he had a license to roam but if he didn't spot an opportunity just to turn it back on the inside. They didn't overload him either, Hutchinson largely managed the team while Tedesco and Manu were both given a license to create. That allowed Sam to focus on his pet play which was incredibly effective.

I think he can take a lot of confidence out of the fact that at 4-12, the Roosters were looking very ordinary and he had a big influence on the result. His line engagement for the Butcher try was fantastic, that's the type of play that really impressed me during his junior rep games and earned him DCE comparisons.

What I liked is that he didn't just disappear from there. There are so many talented playmakers who come up with a brilliant play, clap their hands together and clock out for the rest of the game. Next set he puts up a good kick which earns a result for his team. I liked his play in the following set as well, plays first receiver on the left hand-side cops a late shove from Harris but immediately gets up and plays his part down the right for Morris to score.

Even in the second half I liked his work in the lead up to the Morris try. He does his pet play, except this time it's down the left with Crichton. Again he doesn't clock off, accepts the offload and challenges the line. Gets tackled but breaks out of it and keeps the ball alive which eventually creates the space for Morris to score from dummy half.

I thought his kicking game was on point, I think there was only one kick that wasn't caught in that 10m zone which is where you want them. However it was his work off the ball that impressed me most. He didn't hide out on his edge he was constantly around the ball and he wasn't afraid to play down different sides of the field if he saw an opportunity.

I'm not going to get too carried away and call it a Man of the Match performance. He's still a raw prospect and there's a learning curve that comes with playing in the NRL week in, week out. With that said, you couldn't expect much more for a 19 year old halfback making their debut. The result was a wonderful testament to him and the Roosters who really did a good job of managing him.

To the naked eye I thought it was line-ball whether Gutherson was off-side. However based on the one replay we saw I was happy for the Eels to have the try, Ferguson did extend his leg to kick the loose ball and he appeared to be level with Gutherso.

I was fine with a lot of the decisions actually. Nofoaluma dragged Moses to the line, Mitchell may have exaggerated it but he appeared to be on the touchline before the roll.

Then later on Brown was just coming over in cover, he wasn't playing at the kick.

I thought the better team won, the Tigers had more than enough opportunities but had no control of the game and made too many mistakes. The Eels had the game won early in the second half and then as teams tend to do nowadays clocked off. Even when the Tigers came within a converted try, I never got the sense they were going to over-run the Eels.

Very impressive.

I thought the Roosters did a very good job of protecting him. They hid him well in defence and they kept his role very simple. It appeared Trent gave him very clear instructions where he had a license to roam but if he didn't spot an opportunity just to turn it back on the inside. They didn't overload him either, Hutchinson largely managed the team while Tedesco and Manu were both given a license to create. That allowed Sam to focus on his pet play which was incredibly effective.

I think he can take a lot of confidence out of the fact that at 4-12, the Roosters were looking very ordinary and he had a big influence on the result. His line engagement for the Butcher try was fantastic, that's the type of play that really impressed me during his junior rep games and earned him DCE comparisons.

What I liked is that he didn't just disappear from there. There are so many talented playmakers who come up with a brilliant play, clap their hands together and clock out for the rest of the game. Next set he puts up a good kick which earns a result for his team. I liked his play in the following set as well, plays first receiver on the left hand-side cops a late shove from Harris but immediately gets up and plays his part down the right for Morris to score.

Even in the second half I liked his work in the lead up to the Morris try. He does his pet play, except this time it's down the left with Crichton. Again he doesn't clock off, accepts the offload and challenges the line. Gets tackled but breaks out of it and keeps the ball alive which eventually creates the space for Morris to score from dummy half.

I thought his kicking game was on point, I think there was only one kick that wasn't caught in that 10m zone which is where you want them. However it was his work off the ball that impressed me most. He didn't hide out on his edge he was constantly around the ball and he wasn't afraid to play down different sides of the field if he saw an opportunity.

I'm not going to get too carried away and call it a Man of the Match performance. He's still a raw prospect and there's a learning curve that comes with playing in the NRL week in, week out. With that said, you couldn't expect much more for a 19 year old halfback making their debut. The result was a wonderful testament to him and the Roosters who really did a good job of managing him.

Yeah thought pretty similar. Liked that he was so vocal in attack even at half time you could see he was talking to his forwards.

Thought in attack he took a while to get over to the left with Angus- that seems very dangerous but he came back to the right and set up that try.

Thought in defence he handled Jack Murchie and Marcelo Montoya coming at him.

In the break Teddy made you could see him following along yelling out in support.

Active Now

• Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manifesto
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bb_gun
  • lynx000
  • Gaz
  • peter09
  • Scorchie
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.