Round 4 - Dragons v Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
He is not contesting the ball in the air

It's odd. I seem to recall him looking good competing for attacking bombs when he was at the Dragons. In defense however, he's been downright reluctant.

Still a fan, as he brings a lot to the table. Hoping he works on this particular area though. As Nightingale showed, his current efforts aren't enough against the better wingers.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Pretty happy with the win. Am loving the improvement shown by several players and there are pleasing signs with our attack. Our halves are starting to click and are looking dangerous. Hopefully some of our backs aren't too far behind. Overall, a good effort. Next up is the Eels. Realistically, the team should be aiming to beat the them, the Titans and Knights. That will really set us up for the season.

GotheBroncs

GotheBroncs

BRL Player
Dec 6, 2013
Pretty happy with the win. Am loving the improvement shown by several players and there are pleasing signs with our attack. Our halves are starting to click and are looking dangerous. Hopefully some of our backs aren't too far behind. Overall, a good effort. Next up is the Eels. Realistically, the team should be aiming to beat the them, the Titans and Knights. That will really set us up for the season.

Hear hear! I'm not too concerned with the P.Eels, but will make for an interesting game. Corman (C.Norman) will want to show up the Broncos and the Broncos will want to shut him down (smash him). LOL

Fighting Irish

Fighting Irish

NYC Player
Nov 19, 2013
Hoffman is doing a pretty good job so far but just cannot figure out when and how to pass the ball - nothing wrong with his effort and tackling.
Hunt has been fantastic in the last 3 games and has really stepped up - the forwards seem to be willing to take it up the guts and Gillette has been sensataional
But let me know say a few things about my best mate Jack - can't tackle - Reed - OMG
Roosters - he made 1 effective tackle - now I call an effective tackle as one where the player goes into the tackle and actually holds onto him and helps bring him to the ground and stops him running - with or without the help of another player.
So against the Roosters he made 1 effective tackle - missed 11 others and allowed 2 tries to be scored on his watch - don't blame Vidot for allowing those 2 tries - have a look at Reed in the videos above and see how he flings his arms around and grabs at players - that is how he tackles - no shoulder.
Dragons on Friday night - allowed 2 tries in - improved on his effective tackle count - he made 2 all game and missed 9 tackles - in other words flung his arms around and missed.
This bloke is the weak link in out defence and attack and opposition teams know it now
With regards to HOOK and his interchange -

Last edited by a moderator:
CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
But let me know say a few things about my best mate Jack - can't tackle - Reed - OMG
Roosters - he made 1 effective tackle - now I call an effective tackle as one where the player goes into the tackle and actually holds onto him and helps bring him to the ground and stops him running - with or without the help of another player.
So against the Roosters he made 1 effective tackle - missed 11 others and allowed 2 tries to be scored on his watch - don't blame Vidot for allowing those 2 tries - have a look at Reed in the videos above and see how he flings his arms around and grabs at players - that is how he tackles - no shoulder.
Dragons on Friday night - allowed 2 tries in - improved on his effective tackle count - he made 2 all game and missed 9 tackles - in other words flung his arms around and missed.
This bloke is the weak link in out defence and attack and opposition teams know it now
With regards to HOOK and his interchange -

I have to agree, FI. I actually like Reed (he had a terrific year in 2011 - really won me over with some strong performances). This year though he just doesn't look the same. Does anyone know if he's playing injured? I caught a glimpse of him in the sheds before the Roosters game and his shoulder was heavily strapped. That could be the cause. I think he had surgery in the off season - it may be taking a while to settle down. Either way though, as Fighting Irish said, opposition teams are starting to zero in on him now. I hope he comes good.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Ps I forgot to add - what are people's thoughts when Hodges returns? I don't think Copley, Vidot or Maranta deserve to lose their spot and we know Reed won't be dropped so what's going to happen?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I have to agree, FI. I actually like Reed (he had a terrific year in 2011 - really won me over with some strong performances).

IMO that's the best we'll ever see from Reed.......and even then at the time I said to myself that he looks better suited to Q Cup than NRL.

Gives it his best shot, but will never be anything other than a honest reserve grader.

Broncos need something better than Jack Reed. I hope Copley continues to gain confidence and we pair him up with Hodges. (not sure if Copley can play only on one side....or Hodges for that matter)

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Copley can play left too. Played there in the Cowboys trial and in a few games in the 20's.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Copley scored his 2nd try for the Broncos at left centre, good enough for me to try him out there.

Fighting Irish

Fighting Irish

NYC Player
Nov 19, 2013
If Hook keeps Reed in the team - and I suspect dumbo will - then don't be surprised if Copely is the one to get the flick - yes Hook is that dumb - I fear the worst but we shall know
If he does keep Reed in the team we should go nuts on here and storm Broncos HQ - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.