Round 4 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
tonight's win was defiantly a #fightforJYY (twitter), we had nothing until then, guts and heart makes me love being a broncos supporter

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
One of the best wins I've seen in quite a while.

Hannant's chase on Reynolds was outstanding and Wallace continues to have a great season. I still have some doubts about our future with him as our lead playmaker but credit where it's due -- he's been outstanding so far.

Gillett was again epic and IMO has the potential to go on to be the most talented Bronco ever. His ability to read plays in defense and time his tackles is amazing, and his positioning in attack is equally strong. Not to mention he's a fantastic line runner and has a good offload. The kid has everything. Some small whispers on Twitter that he might not be with us next season -- I'll be devastated if that's true, but I'm sure it's just a Danny Wielder story.

Got to feel sorry for Jharal too. That's the kind of injury that a player like him potentially might not come back from. I only hope that Jharal makes a full recovery and we see him back on the field next year, back to his best. Credit to Hodges and Thaiday for being there throughout on the field, and to Gagai, who rode in the ambulance and went to hospital with Jharal.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I don't think I've ever been this proud of a Broncos team before. That first 30 minutes EVERYTHING went against us - **** decisions, poor mistakes, Jharal's horrific injury...to score 20 unanswered points and never give up, it was just unreal. So proud. So unbelievably proud.

Exactly how I feel. :handshake:

Everyone stepped up tonight and it was magnificent to watch.

Such a gutsy performance. Chuffed to bits.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
On another note, I have to say that was one of the more incompetent refereeing displays I can remember in recent years.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
In the history of this club our R4 2012 performance against South Sydney won't be remembered as one of our greatest...but definitely as one of the most courageous. Against all odds and against an inspired opposition the boys fought back from a 12 point deficit on foreign ground to claim a triumphant 20-12 victory.

As a fan I'm often asked why I support the Broncos. Proximity? Success? Family? Colours? Some obscure reason? And the reason is because of performances like this. When everyone says we can't win, we can't compete and somehow someway we manage to pull off the impossible and invariably come away with the two points.

When Lockyer retired I was worried that our club may lose it's character. But if anything the spirit of the Broncos burns forever. Griffin is a brilliant coach and these young tyros coming through are the type of players we'll celebrate in the years to come.

And hopefully among those names in Jharal Yow Yeh. A player who may not have been blessed with the athleticism of a Wendell Sailor or Lote Tuqiri but more than makes up for it with his determination and his attitude. If ever a player reminded me of Matt Sing, it's him. All the best Jharal!

Carn my fellow BHQers and let's give the boys the credit they deserve!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
On a non-Bronco but still game related note, the crowd tonight was 15,599. That's an outstanding result considering this match up isn't really that big of a draw card and both are obviously interstate teams. When you compare this to the Titans and Roosters who failed to even get 12,000 to their home games, and in the Roosters case, on a Sunday afternoon, it's almost criminal to think this city doesn't have a team.

If I were the IC, I know what I'd be doing with the Titans.

MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
The broncos showed that you cant blame a game on the referees, they were horrible, almost a gee up lol. I really hope Yow Yeh come back from this at least 95% otherwise it be a serious lose of talent, he is the definition of talent.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The critical issue of the halves (life after Lockyer) seems to be going great guns. Wallace is taking over from Locky really well and Norman is moving ahead.

I thought the defence was absolutely outstanding, It made the Souths attack look pretty ordinary. How to squash Burgess and Taylor 101.

Gillett. Wow. He should be signed for as long as possible. Absolute cracking defence - outstanding covering, and attack. Superstar, if he's allowed and has to be in the staring 13.

Impressed with Hunt. In my view, he made the win possible with his spark, which really questions Macca's role in this side. The whole attack really sparked with Hunt.

Hoffman - at last showing his brilliance cos he's starting to come up more.

That sort of heart showed by this team wins premierships. Fantastic win.

Last edited:
Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
Well that was hard to watch the delayed game and not know the result. Well done Broncos. The grind and hitting up the guts got the win. Just too many mistakes from us close to the line and we just needed one of them to stick.

The refing was alright surprisingly, they missed a few high shots, a few late hits and a few forward passes from both teams as about it. I wish they called the play back to the Crocker late hit as that may have saved the day for us.

Even though we lost, there are again plenty of positives out of it, but those negatives are still there that we need to fine tune. I think those extra 2 days gave the Broncos just that little bit more in the tank for the 2nd half grind. Just hit so hard and the whole team is so fast.

I feel for Yow Yeh. I said that I saw blood in his sock before they changed camera angles and then showed the injury. Really tough luck for such a talented player. Though I was hoping his loss may have been the advantage we needed to help keep us in front.

Either way congrats, I am gutted as we had so many chances there and couldn't capitalise. However I am pretty happy with our performance and if we played against a worse team, we would have pulled off the win.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I just hope picks up a passing game, kinda like Stewart and Slater have done. I can't even imagine how good he'd be then.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I just hope picks up a passing game, kinda like Stewart and Slater have done. I can't even imagine how good he'd be then.

As good as Slater. He's starting to read the play better, coming up more, and the way he stepped Inglis was fantastic.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Not much more I can add but I just want to agree with everything already posted. Absolutely inspiring win!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Well that post sucked.

Last edited:
Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
What a win!

We did pretty well defensively in the first half if you think about it. The Rabbits had the ball a lot, a lot of bad calls against us and we were one man down for 10 minutes...and the Rabbits only put 12 points against us in the first half.

So devo about Yow Yeh. What a horrific injury!

Active Now

• jd87
  • Strop
  • Culhwch
  • Galah
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • broncsgoat
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Old Mate
  • thenry
  • Volvo Driver
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • Lostboy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.