Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

His slow service is still a myth. The defense is given way too much time to get back, reset and move forward before we have even played the ball. That's an effort issue as we are getting put on our backs more often than not. Not one hooker would look good with our slow play the balls. Even Seibold has said this, out loud to the media like usual. It definitely does get slower nearing the end of the half though. It's amazing that our coaches haven't realised that Kodi Nikorima excels when he is replacing our tired workhorse hooker late in the half.

Don't disagree with that at all. Even if they wanted to persist with Niko in the halves, Staggs coming off the bench and filling the role would work a treat IMO.

But you single out one bloke in that clip. I wasn't replying to other things.

Those two actually bothered to get involved in the tackle at all. That's more than I can say for Boyd.

Key word in this is "attempt", at least they made attempts. Boyd currently avoids any contact wherever he can, pretending to fall over, pretending to fall for dummies, complaining to the referee with his arms up for no reason.

No matter the situation, Boyd will find a way around making a 1 on 1 tackle.

I think he misjudged the situation no doubt, and he is rightly being criticised, but once he went to the position he got himself into Milf would have been in his way anyway even if he did attempt the tackle.

I think we have way bigger issues than just Boyd anyway.

I think he misjudged the situation no doubt, and he is rightly being criticised, but once he went to the position he got himself into Milf would have been in his way anyway even if he did attempt the tackle.

I think we have way bigger issues than just Boyd anyway.

Speaking of Darius, and in all seriousness guys, I just wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes with him. Everyone knows he has had some battles with mental health issues in the past and I just hope that depression is not dragging him down again. His mental wellbeing is more important than football, and maybe he needs to take some time off to clear his head.

I am obviously only guessing and hope I am wrong, but his clear lack of motivation out on the field at times to me is a bit of a sign there might be something else to the situation. He is a much better player than what he is showing at the moment, I know that for a fact. Not seeking to defend his piss poor efforts just trying to understand if there may be reasons other than age/poor form/attitude/injuries contributing.

Last edited:
@Wolfie we know you are personal friends with some of the players. In the interests of transparency is it too much to ask which ones? Noticed last season you vigorously defended Thaiday when blind Freddy could see he was a passenger. Is Boyd a mate of yours?

Speaking of Darius, and in all seriousness guys, I just wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes with him. Everyone knows he has had some battles with mental health issues in the past and I just hope that depression is not dragging him down again. His mental wellbeing is more important than football, and maybe he needs to take some time off to clear his head.

I am obviously only guessing and hope I am wrong, but his clear lack of motivation out on the field at times to me is a bit of a sign there might be something else to the situation. He is a much better player than what he is showing at the moment, I know that for a fact.

Agree Faithy. And pondered as much in an earlier post. Not all is right in Boydland I think.

Agree Faithy. And pondered as much in an earlier post. Not all is right in Boydland I think.

You might be onto something I reckon Tommo. Some of us are more prone than others to being affected by these types of things and little issues can snowball quickly. You really have to wonder if the poor bugger has more going on in his life than he is willing to share with the world.

@Wolfie we know you are personal friends with some of the players. In the interests of transparency is it too much to ask which ones? Noticed last season you vigorously defended Thaiday when blind Freddy could see he was a passenger. Is Boyd a mate of yours?

I dont remember defending him that much!

Its a bit tricky to name names tbh. Dont know Darius though.

I dont remember defending him that much!

Its a bit tricky to name names tbh. Dont know Darius though.

Ok it wasn't "vigorous" but I did notice you sticking up for him.

Key word in this is "attempt", at least they made attempts. Boyd currently avoids any contact wherever he can, pretending to fall over, pretending to fall for dummies, complaining to the referee with his arms up for no reason.

No matter the situation, Boyd will find a way around making a 1 on 1 tackle.

That wasn’t even a 1 on 1 though. He could have helped his team and it’d be 3 on 1 which would have made it a bit harder for them to score.

Speaking of relationships, someone should ask @Cult3 if he is McC's brother or some shit

Ok it wasn't "vigorous" but I did notice you sticking up for him.

I think a lot of the time we do have a few scapegoats honestly. I just took sam for what he was, a forward approaching the end of his career. I didnt think he was great, but i dont think he was poor a lot of the time either.

Maybe he just appreciates a guy that can make 50 tackles every week.

Disregarding the fact that his shittiness in every other facet goes a long way towards creating opportunities for more tackles

That was the worst defensive performance we have offered up in 10 years since Canberra flogged us 56 blot, 32 missed tackles by half time.
What I cannot fathom is just how bad Isaako is going, it is glaring, he cost us the game against the dragons.
This bloke was rookie of the year and the top score in the NRL last year. It is easy to write it off as second year syndrome but the whole team has gone backwards.

Siebold has 1 year of coaching under his belt.
In his last 11 games as a coach his record is won 3 lost 8

Based upon just how bad we are going it seems to me he has a lot of convincing to do if he wants to last the length of his contract.

On the bright side of things.
It is good to see just how bad NQ is going, I thought we had problems.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Rambstien
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • azza.79
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kiwibronco
  • Ondi
  • Wolfie
  • mieko
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.