POST GAME Round 4 - Roosters vs Broncos

Yes, because a player's contract is the same as a head coach contract. That's a really cool story bro! Please pray tell what kind of relevant KPIs would you put into a player's contract?

Show me where I whinged and cried about Taylor leaving the Broncos, or even WB's decision about it when it occurred.
Not entirely the same but you seem happy when it suits that agenda you definitely don't have, but when it's been said by numerous people that Boyd has, or could have, an option in the clubs favour you don't seem as excited and would prefer to complain about the length of Boyd's contract. It's funny but again, to be expected.

Show you where you whinged about Taylor leaving? Holy shit. Try this one www.broncoshq.com. There's a few posts saying I don't blame Bennett for letting him leave, followed by numerous complaints about where we would have been if we kept Taylor, and more posts comparing Taylor to Hunt in a lot of different threads and even more claiming we lost him because we kept Boyd. But I guess you're right, definitely no whinging about losing him..

Last edited:
Not entirely the same but you seem happy when it suits that agenda you definitely don't have, but when it's been said by numerous people that Boyd has, or could have, an option in the clubs favour you don't seem as excited and would prefer to complain about the length of Boyd's contract. It's funny but again, to be expected.

Show you where you whinged about Taylor leaving? Holy shit. Try this one www.broncoshq.com. There's a few posts saying I don't blame Bennett for letting him leave, followed by numerous complaints about where we would have been if we kept Taylor, and more posts comparing Taylor to Hunt in a lot of different threads and even more claiming we lost him because we kept Boyd. But I guess you're right, definitely no whinging about losing him..
Not entirely the same... hmm, is that your way of saying completely different and avoid the question on KPIs?

There was never talk of a clause in favour of the club in regards to Boyd's contract that I know of, only in Gillett's as far as I can recall. Please feel free to show me otherwise.

So that's a no on the quotes of me whinging when Taylor left?
Because I've never denied I wanted him to be our future halfback before that, and would've loved to get him back when the opportunity arose. Shocking!

Are you upset about my predictions on where we would land with WB / Boyd's recruitment (and then his mind-boggling contract renewal), or is it the distribution of likes that is really triggering you?

Last edited:
Not entirely the same... hmm, is that your way of saying completely different and avoid the question on KPIs?

There was never talk of a clause in favour of the club in regards to Boyd's contract that I know of, only in Gillett's as far as I can recall. Please feel free to show me otherwise.

So that's a no on the quotes of me whinging when Taylor left?
Because I've never denied I wanted him to be our future halfback before that, and would've loved to get him back when the opportunity arose. Shocking!

Are you upset about my predictions on where we would land with WB / Boyd's recruitment (and then his mind-boggling contract renewal), or is it the distribution of likes that is really triggering you?
I know you’re smart enough to realise that in “the clubs favour” means if he’s playing well enough.

There absolutely was talk and there was plenty of whinging about Taylor not being here anymore. Disguised within your posts about Hunt in every fucking thread. I just listed what you used to do. There were plenty of complaints from you about it.

Also you weren’t correct about Boyd. That contract he signed was money well spent. He played a big part in us making the 8 every year. Last year he started playing bad and literally everyone has questioned the latest contract. But you have apparently skipped the whole “2 years in the clubs favour” part and that just proves that you see what you want to see

I know you’re smart enough to realise that in “the clubs favour” means if he’s playing well enough.

There absolutely was talk and there was plenty of whinging about Taylor not being here anymore. Disguised within your posts about Hunt in every fucking thread. I just listed what you used to do. There were plenty of complaints from you about it.

Also you weren’t correct about Boyd. That contract he signed was money well spent. He played a big part in us making the 8 every year. Last year he started playing bad and literally everyone has questioned the latest contract. But you have apparently skipped the whole “2 years in the clubs favour” part and that just proves that you see what you want to see
Still no quotes, still no sources for the Boyd contract "2 years in the club's favour clause". In other words, you got nothing.

The absolute irony in your "you see what you want to see" sentence is quite amusing too.

I would love if there was a Boyd clause. I don’t know how that would work legally though.

He hit him in the back and Cronk was very vulnerable. He hit him with his shoulder when he could have wrapped his arms around him. I'd be going nuts if that was done to our halves. Its a dog shot and everyone who does it deserves a ban.

That tends to happen when you take the ball to the line. Wrapping the arms around kind of defeats the purpose of the hit.

The only thing actually illegal about Pangai's tackle was that it was late, and that's not worthy of a Grade 2 charge. Again, I go back to Round 2, he hit McGuire with a similar tackle which was no less late than the hit on Cronk. McGuire wasn't in any position to be able to brace as he had just released the ball and was in a vulnerable position.

However, that one is applauded, while the other comes with a suspension.

This so called crackdown is a fucking joke. Nothing more.

That tends to happen when you take the ball to the line. Wrapping the arms around kind of defeats the purpose of the hit.

The only thing actually illegal about Pangai's tackle was that it was late, and that's not worthy of a Grade 2 charge. Again, I go back to Round 2, he hit McGuire with a similar tackle which was no less late than the hit on Cronk. McGuire wasn't in any position to be able to brace as he had just released the ball and was in a vulnerable position.

However, that one is applauded, while the other comes with a suspension.

This so called crackdown is a fucking joke. Nothing more.

I would argue one of those players is a big, bulky forward while the other is a much smaller-framed halfback. The impact on Cronk would be felt much more than felt by McGuire. You can't compare the two hits as being the same. It was an unnecessary cheap shot on Cronk by TPJ. If the same hit had been put on MILF by JWH for example we would be up in arms about it.

Last edited:

Denan Kemp does this every week now and the analysis is really good. He's definitely worth a follow if you're on Insta.

The analysis is really good isn't it. I assume Seibold's is just as good. Shows exactly why the Roosters are a class act, the way they, read: Cronk and Keary, exploit the slightest defensive weakness, how Mitchell is such a grub and how poor refereeing can screw a team.

Cronk gets under rated what he brings to a team......the Roosters look much more professional and clinical with him in their side.

There's a QLD'r who we should have thrown the cheque book at. He would be perfect for Milford, much the same way he is making Keary look better than he really is.

Cronk gets under rated what he brings to a team......the Roosters look much more professional and clinical with him in their side.

There's a QLD'r who we should have thrown the cheque book at. He would be perfect for Milford, much the same way he is making Keary look better than he really is.
If we offered his GF a mil we could have signed him.

I would argue one of those players is a big, bulky forward while the other is a much smaller-framed halfback. The impact on Cronk would be felt much more than felt by McGuire. You can't compare the two hits as being the same. It was an unnecessary cheap shot on Cronk by TPJ. If the same hit had been put on MILF by JWH for example we would be up in arms about it.

The severity of the hit is on Cronk. Cronk has relaxed his body and turned his back to the D-line before the ball has left his hand, even Nikorima would have smashed him.

The severity of the hit is on Cronk. Cronk has relaxed his body and turned his back to the D-line before the ball has left his hand, even Nikorima would have smashed him.

Nikorima has never smashed anybody.

Nikorima has never smashed anybody.

Thats kind of the point. Cronk put himself in the most smashable state a player can be...relaxed, back turned and ball in hand. Most of us could have put him on his ass.

He does?

I've never heard anyone under rate Cronk

He is upper echelon, and that's how he is spoken about, at least what I hear

The Broncos just didn't have any answers to Taukeiaho, Tetevano or Liu. The way they would just roll through the middle kept Brisbane on the back-foot and made Cronk and Keary's life so much easier. The Roosters ran through every play with ease and the Broncos confidence was completely shot. If anything they were guilty of trying too hard, forcing kicks, passes, big hits etc. that weren't on and they paid every single time.

Plenty of blame to go around, I thought the back three in particular all had nights to forget. It may sound harsh to lump Boyd in with two players who made a combined 10 errors but two of those errors were a result of forced passes that didn't need to be thrown.

That's three poor losses to start the Seibold era. What is it going to take for the Broncos to get into this season?

The Broncos just didn't have any answers to Taukeiaho, Tetevano or Liu. The way they would just roll through the middle kept Brisbane on the back-foot and made Cronk and Keary's life so much easier. The Roosters ran through every play with ease and the Broncos confidence was completely shot. If anything they were guilty of trying too hard, forcing kicks, passes, big hits etc. that weren't on and they paid every single time.

Plenty of blame to go around, I thought the back three in particular all had nights to forget. It may sound harsh to lump Boyd in with two players who made a combined 10 errors but two of those errors were a result of forced passes that didn't need to be thrown.

That's three poor losses to start the Seibold era. What is it going to take for the Broncos to get into this season?

Well, they have the structures. All they need is pride in the jersey, and to play at 110% for each other, and the loyal fans who love their team.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Skyblues87
  • RodF
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.