Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
It's legit.
What a fucking mess. Kevvie has always been shit at picking a squad, just look what he did with QLD.
TPJ has been by far our best forward this year and isn’t starting... stupid. Cardigan turns to absolute potato after 20 minutes every round this year so hopefully he isn’t on for long.
And Croft hasn’t done anything in 1.5 years. Bloody joke.
We lose by 40

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I think it’s a pretty good team and there is some real heat coming off that bench with TPJ and Flegler, and having to worry about a fresh Asiata coming on and ball playing when your forwards are tiring is a potential head ache.

I respect Kev for sticking to his guns and protecting Dearden but again, I think I have disagree with Kev here. No Q cup to develop, it might be time to bring Dearden into the starting team at the expense of Croft.

I’m happy with Patty starting at 13 but after about 20 minutes I hope he joins the prop rotation.

Last edited:
BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Storm are 1.07 favorites with the TAB and fair enough too.. but they aren't going that great themselves

If we put on a first half like we did against Parra after our win against the Bulldogs, show some resilience without the footy, who knows

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I'm okay with that team for the most part, Dearden should be starting but you can't really punt Croft after winning our last game

The heat will be right on though if we get pumped

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I reckon Dearden will come in on to the bench, I like the team.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
If we can hold out early till TPJ, Fleggs and Asiata come on, I think we might go better then we think.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Not gonna make a prediction just gonna try and enjoy the game. I tipped the dogs in a close one last week and was completely wrong.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
People here underestimating how useless cardigan is in the ruck. So too is lodge and even haas at times. Storm will make 70m off their first set if we kick off.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
If we can hold out early till TPJ, Fleggs and Asiata come on, I think we might go better then we think.
Yep, Kev definitely has the cattle upfront to be competitive with most teams. It all depends if he has given them a decent game plan and if he uses his interchanges properly - which was much improved last week.

The halves and the backs are still useless or raw and that will be the biggest challenge for him.

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yep, Kev definitely has the cattle upfront to be competitive with most teams. It all depends if he has given them a decent game plan and if he uses his interchanges properly - which was much improved last week.

The halves and the backs are still useless or raw and that will be the biggest challenge for him.

The backs aren't useless, the spine is and that is the problem. If one of Milford or Croft can get it together for 80 or even one each for forty, this team can definitely beat Melbourne but the problem is, the Storm's spine is light years ahead of the Broncs.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I'd be tempted to start Teo at lock to ensure we have a bit of hardened experience in the starting side and then swap TPJ and Carrigan through a rotating Lock/prop spot. Otherwise I think Kevvie is playing it smart and sticking with experience in the side. Croft will certainly lift against the club that effectively dumped him.

The other standout is Kennar makes the reserves over Oates. Good on Kennar for his perseverance. Did Oates even get on the plane?

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
Did Oates even get on the plane?
I hope Kev has put a line through his name for the season no matter what happens.
He is one of the players who drove up their price to massive overs for their position then started playing like garbage. If we keep him out of first grade, I'd anticipate a release request at some point to try and salvage his career at another club. Something we should have done with others like Milford. It's a lot to throw into reserve grade cap wise - but if they don't get a look in at NRL level and have years left on their career - it's a massive pay cut for them on their next contract to the point where they'd rather get out quick to get back into the NRL.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Brocko
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • broncotville
  • Redux
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • Broncos Maestro
  • BroncoFan94
  • Strop
  • PETERN
  • GCBRONCO
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • Santa
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • FGfrom50
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.