PRE-GAME Round 4 - Storm vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Logically thinking, we took 50-odd minutes to score a try against the Bulldogs, despite plenty of opportunities. We're going to get our arses handed to us by the Storm, and quite likely by another 3-4 teams throughout the year. I'm going in to this game expecting the worst, and just lapping up tonight's feel-good feelys as much as I can in the meantime. It's been a while that my weekend hasn't been tainted by a Broncos loss.

Look we will likely get smashed but if we can play like that second half for even 70 minutes, boy we’re actually in with a chance. We actually have some selection headaches for once!

I’m thinking:

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Farnworth
4. Niu
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Flegler
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn (c)
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Asiata
15. Haas
16. TPJ
17. Teo

Goodness it’s hard on Kennedy.

Look we will likely get smashed but if we can play like that second half for even 70 minutes, boy we’re actually in with a chance. We actually have some selection headaches for once!

I’m thinking:

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Farnworth
4. Niu
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Flegler
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn (c)
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Asiata
15. Haas
16. TPJ
17. Teo

Goodness it’s hard on Kennedy.

I think Carrigan needs some time on the bench in the prop rotation. Asiata or TPJ to start in the 13, IMO

I think Carrigan needs some time on the bench in the prop rotation. Asiata or TPJ to start in the 13, IMO

Yeah I thought this too and am not against it by any means but Carrigan was pretty strong tonight.

I don't do team lists but I hope I see this next week.
1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Hero Farnworth
4. Nui
5. Mead
6. Milford (still yuk but better defensively than previously)
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Flegler
11. TPJ
12. Glenn
13. Carrigan
14. Dearden
15. Kennedy
16. Riki
17. Bullemor

The fowards really are a mix and match but Haas is a tremendous asset to have returning and he can roll out 20 great minutes . I think Kennedy can provide some solid support for the superstars.

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Farnworth
4. Niu
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn (c)
12. Riki
13. TPJ

14. Asiata
15. Flegler
16. Carrigan
17. Kennedy

I would be rolling with this.

This would be mine except with Carrigan starting & Lodge on the bench.

Why is Teo being dropped by the way? HE's been pretty good all three games thus far.
I guess because he's the past. I truth he's been okay but did you hear his name called out tonight? Any night? Yes, I rate him and he's a legend but he's only been solid and not much more. I might be wrong about that though so...

I guess because he's the past. I truth he's been okay but did you hear his name called out tonight? Any night? Yes, I rate him and he's a legend but he's only been solid and not much more. I might be wrong about that though so...

He's been doing a lot of clean up work out on the field and often leads the kick chase. This is something the team has been desperately missing. He has a big role to play this year as the team phases in Piakura who is apparently staying now.

It’s what this young team needs. An old head that is reliable and safe without setting the world on fire.

He's been doing a lot of clean up work out on the field and often leads the kick chase. This is something the team has been desperately missing. He has a big role to play this year as the team phases in Piakura who is apparently staying now.
Oh, don't misunderstand me, I love his work ethic and the massive effort he has put in to be a part of this team. He is a contributor no doubt. I don't want him dropped altogether, no way. Just used on and off as needed. I like to see the future players getting big minutes. I am someone who really does notice the clean up work and it seems a lot on here don't see the same work from Crofty. Not saying you bro.

I'm hoping to see an agressive approach to the Melbourne match so Haas and Flegs, Lodge if fit, my boy Kennedy, TPJ and both Carrigan and Glenn, we've got the artillery to injure a weakened Melbourne. Cronulla taught the competition how to beat Melbourne and that was a Cam Smith Melbourne. There's only one way and it's old school through and through, bash them until they stop coming.

This Melbourne team are much more vulnerable and I like it that they're coming off two losses. We keep bashing them and they'll start to doubt and no amount of Bellyache screaming will help.

Agreed. He seems to have forgotten how to run again.

we need to get him some backup ...

he's not an 80 minute hooker (at least not yet). and I feel he's trying to conserve energy at times, which really isn't his game.

He's a terrier like Brandon Smith. needs to go flat out, for shorter periods then get a break, he doesn't have anyone to give him that break yet.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • Strop
  • marw
  • GCBRONCO
  • LittleDavey
  • Jazza
  • Brocko
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • pennywisealfie
  • Fitzy
  • Dazza 92
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.