PRE-GAME Round 4 - Storm vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I don't know about anyone else but, even with 9 minutes to go, my interest in the game went up a notch when Dearden came on. I don't get that with Croft. Dearden just seems to introduce some real energy into the side, into the halves.

I know the arguments for and against playing him next week, but I'll be selfish and say I wish he would start next week against the Storm.

Wow. Brisbane, with 18.5 start are still paying $1.90 !!!!

I just had $260 on that and another $200 @ 7's straight out.

I cannot see Melbourne putting 18.5 past us. We are stronger and they aren't Smithbourne anymore. We might even win this one.

Wow. Brisbane, with 18.5 start are still paying $1.90 !!!!

I just had $260 on that and another $200 @ 7's straight out.

I cannot see Melbourne putting 18.5 past us. We are stronger and they aren't Smithbourne anymore. We might even win this one.

If our defensive line speed doesn't go up 3 notches next week, the Storm will carve us up, especially Munster

Last edited:
Fingers crossed Milford gets distracted at the airport McDonald’s and misses the flight down.

Fingers crossed Milford gets distracted at the airport McDonald’s and misses the flight down.

If Kevvie wants to throw Bellyache’s meticulous planning into disarray he should have A.Kelly and Daerdon as the starting halves. The pair might just be better than the pair we have at present as we have nothing to lose.

Just thinking outside the box for this one.

If Kevvie wants to throw Bellyache’s meticulous planning into disarray he should have A.Kelly and Daerdon as the starting halves. The pair might just be better than the pair we have at present as we have nothing to lose.

Just thinking outside the box for this one.
Haas and Lodge will bolster up the middle heavily. Flegler has to go with his mistakes.

I worry that dumping milf after the win will push him backwards a bit. Dearden will have to come in for croft after his bulldogs performance. So many hospital passes.

Milf outperformed Croft, I would be happy with Croft on the bench and train him at 9 for the week. And if Dearden doesn't aim up inject Croft , can't throw Dearden back to cup yet imo .

I’ve already said it but dearden is going to get no benefit out of getting brained by top four teams over the next month. Send him back to cup so he can get some more wins under his belt.

I’ve already said it but dearden is going to get no benefit out of getting brained by top four teams over the next month. Send him back to cup so he can get some more wins under his belt.

Hasn't he already been "brained by top four teams" ? And bottom four teams?

Given where we've been, where we are, and what we need going forward, and, given he has for mine, shown real promise in working well with Milford, I can't see the logic of keeping him out of the team any longer. As @Big Pete suggested in an earlier post about him, Walters ought to have started with him. He's had plenty of trials by fire.

Again for mine, it's now time to really start building effective combinations and I can't see Croft being part of that in the halves. Croft's work with Riki against the Dogs showed me he has problems setting up his outside men - mostly hospital passes to Riki, blunting an effective weapon. Time for Dearden to get a go.

Last edited:
Hasn't he already been "brained by top four teams" ? And bottom four teams?

Given where we've been, where we are, and what we need going forward, and, given he has for mine, shown real promise in working well with Milford, I can't see the logic of keeping him out of the team any longer. As @Big Pete suggested in an earlier post about him, Walters ought to have started with him. He's had plenty of trials by fire.

Again for mine, it's now time to really start building effective combinations and I can't see Croft being part of that in the halves. Croft's work with Riki against the Dogs showed me he has problems setting up his outside men - mostly hospital passes to Riki, blunting an effective weapon. Time for Dearden to get a go.
He won last week and got a win yesterday, would just be nice for him to win a few after losing every game for a year and a half

Active Now

• Astro
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.