PRE-GAME Round 4 - Storm vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Pretty sure the trial counted as one.
I thought Haas got four weeks? Am I missing something?
Nope. Suspended for three weeks. Probably confusing it with out until round 4.

Yeah both were terrible. Tried hard but their decision making is no good. Milf was so focused on running that he was doing it when it wasn’t the right option and it was almost completely ineffective, Croft was the opposite, he was throwing endless hospital passes when he should have just taken his medicine.

That’s the problem with Croft and Milford. Neither have shown any capacity to play what’s in front of them or adapt to a game. Croft knows he is meant to organise so he shovels the ball on no matter how not on the pass is - the pass has already been decided in his mind and the reality of the situation has no bearing, the past will go ahead. Miflord has been told he needs to run more and so now all he can think is “I need to run”, even when running is obviously not the right option and there is nothing on in front of him. It’s the polar opposite negative outcomes for the halves but the side effect of the exact same issue. The inability to read the game and a reliance on predetermined decisions.

You could argue rightly for Dearden replacing either, for me personally Milford’s bombs are what gives him the edge. Without Milford’s bombs we are stuck with Croft’s end over end weak punts - and if you want to see what that looks like, Flanagan perfectly demonstrated it for us.

Well I don't think both were terrible. Yes, their decision making was problematic but taken in context, which you actually explained really well, namely the pressure both were under to perform at all costs, I can excuse that, although Croft's combination with Riki was poor.

In terms of reading the play, Milford had a hand in setting up 2 tries from memory, so for mine, it wasn't simply his kicking which gave us a good advantage. As well, the team is still having trouble getting their shapes together but when they did, we scored some nice tries. For mine, Milford in particular showed improvement, especially in defence. I think both Milford and Croft did well under fair pressure to perform.

BTW, I just watched last year's game v Storm, or rather Smith, and what was telling was that Dearden played, and in the first half, he was great - he organised our left edge really well, and I honestly can't see why he shouldn't start next week. I'd make Croft our 14.

Last edited:
I'm going against the grain here but I think Croft was better than Milf yesterday, but not by much. Yeah Milf had 100 odd running meters but I can't recall any of them being particularly threatening? There may have been one, but that was about it. He made a few errors, his kicking was pretty average, and for all the running meters hype, I thought Croft did far more of trying to back up half breaks or half openings than Milf did. He floated in and out of the game far too much IMO, whereas Croft at least was trying to get involved. It's a low bar for sure but I'd want to see my under pressure halves trying to make things happen and I felt Croft did more of this than Milf.

edit: maybe saying his kicking was pretty average is a bit unfair, he did cause a couple of errors with his kicks. I dunno, I tried to keep a close eye on Milf at the game yesterday and he just didn't really stand out at all. Croft didn't either to be fair but I do remember him at least making a few good tackles... yeah if we're starting to go this granular drop them both.
Stop seeing things as they are. Darius Croft was far far worse, threw dozens of hospital passes and didn't back up anyone. Darren Alfie Milford was vastly superior to Darius Croft.

It's actually great to see someone write about what they saw and not what they thought they saw. Listening to the game I kept hearing Anasta slagging off Croft and I'm always amazed at how easily posters on here are influenced by commentary, later regurgitating the commentary as if it's their own.

That's why I recommend watching replays without sound and really just concentrate on the movement, you see so much more when your brain is focused and not distracted by sound and agendas.

Good stuff.

Last edited:
Before anyone asks: Craddock & Badel are just joining imaginary dots here. Kevvie gave them nothing.

HScreenshot 2021 03 28 Broncos NRL Team The Courier Mail

Milford’s bombs away mentality at the moment won’t work this game. Suncorp crowd really helped him too. He needs to kick to corners and lead the bloody kick chase. Pressure pressure pressure.

Before anyone asks: Craddock & Badel are just joining imaginary dots here. Kevvie gave them nothing.

View attachment 12017

Game was already won by Isaako and Coates before the kid came on, he did nothing.
Don't get their agenda...wtf were they, when he went 0-12 last year and was struggling big time to get our side a win.
Kevvie better not cave into this bullshit.

Game was already won by Isaako and Coates before the kid came on, he did nothing.
Don't get their agenda...wtf were they, when he went 0-12 last year and was struggling big time to get our side a win.
He'll be our starting halfback within a month, most likely less. Everyone knows it. But Kevvie hasn't said it, despite what Craddock and Badel are implying.

Last edited:
He'll be our starting halfback within a month, most likely less. Everyone knows it. But Kevvie hasn't said it, despite what Craddock and Badel are implying.

Morgan retiring could throw a massive spanner in the works for the retention of Dearden. They are going to have money to burn to throw at him. He's a Cowboys fan and his family live in Mackay i believe.

Yeah nah brah

Sorry mate don't get the hype.
His too young at this stage, come back when he's 22 and more experienced and with a better kicking game of 30+ metres.
If he starts like you predict, better get used to the impending losing streaks.

Morgan retiring could throw a massive spanner in the works for the retention of Dearden. They are going to have money to burn to throw at him. He's a Cowboys fan and his family live in Mackay i believe.
I read an article quite a few years ago he was a mad broncos fan 🤔 have I mixed him up with t.boyd?

Sorry mate don't get the hype.
His too young at this stage, come back when he's 22 and more experienced and with a better kicking game of 30+ metres.
If he starts like you predict, better get used to the impending losing streaks.
We looked much better when he returned last season. I don't get the hate.

Kevvie needs to test him out properly before the club resigns him. If he's not the long term halfback they should let him go.

Milford’s bombs away mentality at the moment won’t work this game. Suncorp crowd really helped him too. He needs to kick to corners and lead the bloody kick chase. Pressure pressure pressure.
Nah bullshit mate! Anyone in any game word struggle to catch those kicks. And it's also very hard for a half to chase a kick these days, they get taken out or held onto. You obviously aren't a keen observer

Stop seeing things as they are. Darius Croft was far far worse, threw dozens of hospital passes and didn't back up anyone. Darren Alfie Milford was vastly superior to Darius Croft.

It's actually great to see someone write about what they saw and not what they thought they saw. Listening to the game I kept hearing Anasta slagging off Croft and I'm always amazed at how easily posters on here are influenced by commentary, later regurgitating the commentary as if it's their own.

That's why I recommend watching replays without sound and really just concentrate on the movement, you see so much more when your brain is focused and not distracted by sound and agendas.

Good stuff.
Croft was already tried and tested at the Storm. We picked him up because we didn't have a dedicated halfback and he was the only man available. Seibold thought he could do what the Storm couldn't and unlock his true potential. His current record as a starting 7 for Broncos is 17-4 (24%). I guess he's just been hard done by?

I read an article quite a few years ago he was a mad broncos fan 🤔 have I mixed him up with t.boyd?

Not sure mate, but there is definatley pictures out there of him in Cowboys jerseys. One of him with his hero JT.

Last edited:
Does his childhood sweetheart want to move to Townsville? I doubt it somehow.

Htahliachurch   CGhEwcmjxz6

At any rate, if he looks like being the future Brisbane halfback Kevvie wants, the club should pay him what he's worth. We also have the cash. Staying with his buddy Xavier will be a big plus too.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fozz
  • mrtij
  • RolledOates
  • kman
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • maddo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • davidp
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.