Round 4 - Storm vs Broncos

J

JungleBoogie

NYC Player
Jun 27, 2020
Deardons had an average night but fark me MIlford is killing our end of sets and undoing any of the good work.
Milford is the only half in our club with a long kicking game. That is how bad our recruitment is ... We are forced to play him

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
In fairness to the halves, what can they do when your forwards are getting not just outmuscled but slaughtered, resurrected as soulless statues and then slaughtered again.
We have been at Melbourne’s end of the field enough for them to do something. They quite simply can’t.

All we need is a new 1, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 and 13...

And people wonder why we are struggling...

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
But Turpin has been elite right?

Is he playing? I really like Turpin, but he just isnt what we need. He's excellent when he can play full throttle, but there is no way he can do that game in, game out for 80 mins. Its not his game. Never has been, never will be.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
We definitely need or needed a Thaiday v JWH style domination to wind the boys up. Time for someone to step up

W

Whatisgoingon

QCup Player
Jul 18, 2019
Same thing every week . 10 minute lapse of concentration . To slow and the storm are just belting us!

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
We blew this when at 6-0 and 6-6 we had chances down their end to build pressure. We simply didn't.

Our middles are so overrated and overhyped. No half could do shit when they play like this. Milford cops a lot of shit and some of it is absolutely justified but jeez he could use some go forward to work with.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
In fairness to the halves, what can they do when your forwards are getting not just outmuscled but slaughtered, resurrected as soulless statues and then slaughtered again.
Nah, I don't buy that at all.

We were up 6-0 and in Melbourne's 20 and did nothing but take every wrong decision and gift Melbourne cheap turnovers and they promptly took momentum and took control of the game.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
But Turpin has been elite right?
Not at all. Turpin has been average, yet still one of our only select few non retarded players tonight. Carrigan has shown again why he can't handle long minutes and should be used as a bench prop. No value in attack and horrid misses in defence.

You know you can criticize a player you like, right?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
We have been at Melbourne’s end of the field enough for them to do something. They quite simply can’t.

All we need is a new 1, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 and 13...

And people wonder why we are struggling...

I think you would see a massive difference if we just had a decent 7,9 and a couple of hard head, experienced forwards. All these younger forwards have had no leader to follow.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Our attack plays right into melbournes defensive strategy, and has done so for years.

They love our lack of line speed and constantly having one of our players being left on the ground at the ruck. They love the fact that we put 3 players into a tackle but they dont work together or wrap up the ball.

Untill we change this, they will (and most other teams) will continue to embarass us.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
After their third try you can see captain Glenn saying his usual “one set”

the storm scored off the following set off the kick off
Yeah my pet peeve. Rip in boys, own the storm - one more set doesn’t motivate me.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Justwin
  • phoenix
  • Gympie devil
  • Harry Sack
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Volvo Driver
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.