Round 4 - Storm vs Broncos

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Our forward pack should be exhibited A on why you shouldn’t pay first year rookies good money.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I foolishly thought we might keep it respectable against the storm. We have only beaten 1 team in over year. We aren’t beating anyone else
No you didn't you've been saying all week that we would get flogged... why would you change your troll tune now???

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Our problem again is if Milf doesnt do anything ( which he rarely does ) our 7 and 9 cant help steer the team around either. Then we do too much arm grabbing under fatigue and collapse. Our bench forwards have literally had no positive impact.

Nine commentary team praising Milf about halfway through that half, but almost every attacking opportunity up to then had died in his hands. So frustrating to watch.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It all starts from the 9 in attack and unfortunately turbinator has no skill. Defensively though there is minimal shoulder and drive. There are some serious cats on the team drinking saucers of milk. Isaako plays in a dinner suit. Niu might be quick but he couldn't tackle the skin off a custard tart. Pangai is wasted in the middle. The middles have no skill either, cardigan has no foot work and no offload. Lodge is too heavy and doesn't look like he wants to be there. Riki will get a cold playing on the edge, wasted big time.
Hass might have a massive engine but if he is 1 out all night and no ball playing he is an easy target.

Perfect, if tragic

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Sadly he really does seem to have declined this year. Even last year when he played i though he was at least competitive. I think his injuries and age have caught up with him. Maybe its time to play TPJ in the back row.
Why don’t we not worry about a captain? We have zero direction or leadership anyway, we might as well send a message to the group that NONE of them are worthy of it...

Then there is no reason for Glenn to be in the team.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Haas playing that long is just weird. No explanation for it after Kevvie's comments this week.

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
In fairness to the halves, what can they do when your forwards are getting not just outmuscled but slaughtered, resurrected as soulless statues and then slaughtered again.
I’m going to say though that our forwards worked hard before the onslaught only to watch our halves look fucking clueless when I’m possession with field position.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Deardons had an average night but fark me MIlford is killing our end of sets and undoing any of the good work.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Haas playing that long is just weird. No explanation for it after Kevvie's comments this week.
I think it’s because he’s the only one providing any punch. Every other forward is getting smashed.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I still think a lot of this stems from when Seibold came and tried to build a team of kids with no experience. I dont believe we have poor players, they have been poorly used and poorly managed. I reckon if you dropped any of our young forwards into decent, well balanced sides you wouldnt see the errors.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • lakers133334
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • theshed
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • Scorchie
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • RodF
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.