Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Everyone saying we were lucky, but the Warriors give up too many meters in defence. Niko rims has proved he is ready for NRL

Yeah he does have some pretty good rims haha

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
That second half was typical from the Warriors.

Lately it seems that it doesn't matter how well Broncos do in the first half, the Warriors will always find a way to hit back and put us under enormous pressure. I'm glad the Broncos managed to hold them out.

I'm happy with the two points, but the Broncos need to work on their starts to the second half.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Our halves lack creativity. Our game is predictable. We don't know how to use our edge runners. The only positive is the Warriors were worse than us.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I was impressed with Ben Hunt. While he still had some bad kicks, he had more absolute quality ones than usual. That kick out of dummy half was superb (I think it was him, Johns said McCullough, but I'm 99% sure it was Hunt).

On the other hand, I thought Milford was shit.

I thought Milford was improved on last game, with his kicking and passing game improving all the time.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Besides a few offloads, he didn't really do anything in attack. Poking his head through is fine, but it's not even a half break or anything.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
One thing I found frustrating was the lack of support whenever Milford made a bit of a break and was looking to get the ball away to a support runner.

There was no one. Where the **** was Kahu or Hodges? That's a fullbacks job, right?

B

benbarba

U18 Player
Sep 24, 2013
Besides a few offloads, he didn't really do anything in attack. Poking his head through is fine, but it's not even a half break or anything.

Wrong.

Great grubber for Gillette close to the line that almost came off, and in Maranta's try he ran it, showed it, dummied then passed for Hunt which contributed to the D jamming in. He also ran right to the line and grubbered through for Reed who was in a mile of space but at the speed of a snail. A Dylan Walker or Alex Johnston scores there for sure.

The Milf was solid, except for a run on the left edge where he had 3 on 2 and instead of passing ran all over the place showing and dancing and juttering as he went.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
One thing I found frustrating was the lack of support whenever Milford made a bit of a break and was looking to get the ball away to a support runner.

There was no one. Where the **** was Kahu or Hodges? That's a fullbacks job, right?
Bingo

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
We didn't really deserve to win that one if I'm honest. In the second half we just tried to shut up shop and tackle our way to the win.........damn negative football.

We just invited the warriors and the crowd to come back by continuing to kick the ball back to them on the 3rd and 4th tackle from our own frickin half.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The Broncos may have crashed the Warriors 20th birthday but they sure made my 25th!

A lot to digest, but the highlight for me is that when the game was there to be won, the Broncos rose to the fore and really played some smart football and won each contest.

There were a lot of moments but the one that stood out was after the Warriors regathered the kick-off. They had us well and truly on the back-foot, Kata was on the outside of Kahu, was in the process of drawing Maranta when Kahu put every fibre of his body to make the tackle and earn the win.

This is the difference between 2014 and 15 so far.

Plenty to like but when it's on the line, the Broncos are stepping up with the big plays.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I would've described Milf as "quiet", he didn't do anything like his flashy self but he at least did his best to help Hunt control the flow of the team. Seeing Hunt throw the kitchen sink at Wallace for throwing that stupid offload was very good to see, Hunt is perfect captain material, at this point. He commands the respect of the players.

Refs clearly got us over the line at the end, but Maranta was VERY lazy under the high ball for the Warriors last try. That gave me the shits big time, after that blunder by him putting his foot over the dead ball line and bombing a try.

Wallace, that aformentioned offload notwithstanding, had a great game and he is looking very good odds for shoring up a bench spot. Garbutt and Blair have some good competition which they clearly need.

Kahu is getting very good under the high ball but in terms of fullback work, he's clearly just a band aid.

I'll take the two points and run with it. NZ at home is no small feat, and now we should be on our way to 4 straight wins. Titans are second only to Cronulla for worst side in the comp.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Milford was okay at five eight. A couple of promising moments that never translated into anything. The problem is we've seen him be far more impactful in the past at fullback that it's kinda hard to accept a less powerful performance from five eight. Still, if we're to judge him purely as a five eight he did okay. His lack of a long kicking game is really hurting us though.

Disappointed by Blair. I know he had a cork or some shit and didn't return, but his first stint was dead ordinary. That pass 20m backwards was just rubbish and he seemed to be resting on his laurels.

Also, have to bring up that Maranta no try. There is quite simply no excuse for that, and it is not a one off. Must be at least the tenth time he's done that at NRL level. People say that Vidot not catching bombs can cost us a game, but fucking up something that simple can as well. Seriously, there's no excuse. Even if he does over step, he had time to re-establish himself in the field of play and then score. But nope, total lack of awareness.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The most disappointing moment of that second half for me was when the Broncos had been parked in their half for for what felt like forever and Macca does a brilliant kick out of dummy half that has the Warriors starting their set 10m out from their own line, only for the Broncos to fail to push up off their line and end up conceding 90m and a try.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
The Broncos may have crashed the Warriors 20th birthday but they sure made my 25th!

A lot to digest, but the highlight for me is that when the game was there to be won, the Broncos rose to the fore and really played some smart football and won each contest.

There were a lot of moments but the one that stood out was after the Warriors regathered the kick-off. They had us well and truly on the back-foot, Kata was on the outside of Kahu, was in the process of drawing Maranta when Kahu put every fibre of his body to make the tackle and earn the win.

This is the difference between 2014 and 15 so far.

Plenty to like but when it's on the line, the Broncos are stepping up with the big plays.

Happy B'day BP! Only 25 years young yet to me you'll always be at least 45. No insult intended it's just your wisdom exceeds your youth ;)

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
Triple M are saying that Hodges has torn his hamstring again...

Unread

Active Now

• ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • Old Mate
  • Organix
  • Strop
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • RodF
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Scorchie
  • broncs30
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Spooky1013
  • Galah
  • Morkel
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.