Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
The Broncos may have crashed the Warriors 20th birthday but they sure made my 25th!

A lot to digest, but the highlight for me is that when the game was there to be won, the Broncos rose to the fore and really played some smart football and won each contest.

There were a lot of moments but the one that stood out was after the Warriors regathered the kick-off. They had us well and truly on the back-foot, Kata was on the outside of Kahu, was in the process of drawing Maranta when Kahu put every fibre of his body to make the tackle and earn the win.

This is the difference between 2014 and 15 so far.

Plenty to like but when it's on the line, the Broncos are stepping up with the big plays.
Happy birthday BP

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
In the second half we just tried to shut up shop and tackle our way to the win.

And it worked.

In the 2nd half the Warriors had the majority of the ball, just like we did in the 1st half. So yes they were going to score tries just like we did.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
More bad news.

[TWEET]581991054330576896[/TWEET]

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Milford was okay at five eight. A couple of promising moments that never translated into anything. The problem is we've seen him be far more impactful in the past at fullback that it's kinda hard to accept a less powerful performance from five eight. Still, if we're to judge him purely as a five eight he did okay. His lack of a long kicking game is really hurting us though.

Disappointed by Blair. I know he had a cork or some shit and didn't return, but his first stint was dead ordinary. That pass 20m backwards was just rubbish and he seemed to be resting on his laurels.

Also, have to bring up that Maranta no try. There is quite simply no excuse for that, and it is not a one off. Must be at least the tenth time he's done that at NRL level. People say that Vidot not catching bombs can cost us a game, but ****ing up something that simple can as well. Seriously, there's no excuse. Even if he does over step, he had time to re-establish himself in the field of play and then score. But nope, total lack of awareness.

Everything you said is absolutely true but I think all the improvement he has shown should not be overlooked and while we are winning, he should be given more opportunities as he is turning into quite a good young winger. Despite his brain fade again, I was very excited to see him showing some confidence.

C

cjmcevoy

NYC Player
Jun 27, 2014
Lucky win. Now Ive got to stop whinging about refs cause we sure got the rub of the green today.
Thought Kahu's stop on outside centre really impressive n important for win. Never seen him do that in Qcup.
Maranta bombed try but TBH didn't think it was that big a deal. More worrying was failure to jump for ball on goal line. I know he got bumped into but he took not one but two steps back. There was no urgency to get back where the ball was. However on the whole, certainly one of his better games.
Li know Thaiday played decent minutes but thought he was spent late in game. Little surprised. Much prefer him off bench n would retain him for next game.
Milf not great but solid n getting better.
Hunts kicking game still concerns but a couple were top notch. When he gets that aspect more consistent he'll b in the top 5 NRL players

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yeah I remember saying Hodgo was injured right at the end there, do look hamstring/calfish.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
@badel_cmail: Justin hodges has suffered torn hamstring v warriors. Will miss two or three weeks. Out of titans derby

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Thought there was something wrong with Hodges by the poor effort he put in when Kata scored his try. Hodges should have been there to stop him or even take the ball

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I don't think we'll lose Kahu. We've stuck by him through a lot of injuries and he loves the club.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
@badel_cmail: Justin hodges has suffered torn hamstring v warriors. Will miss two or three weeks.

Justin Hodges should run out in this every game.

images

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Two weeks for a torn hammy?.. That's a bit optimistic

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • broncs30
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Organix
  • winslow_wong
  • Jazza
  • RodF
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Galco
  • Battler
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.