Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
On second review, he didn't have time to re-establish his feet. So maybe not that simple, but I still can't excuse being over the sideline. It's a lack of awareness of where the lines are.
That's tough on Maranta. I thought he had an outstanding game.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Wouldn't say Milford was shit, but wouldn't say he was good or solid either. 2 glaring things today showed he doesn't have the skills that we need from a half.

1. Kick out on the full with no pressure.
2. He cannot pass left to right. He tried to put maranta in for a try off a cut out but maranta ended up having to turn around and jump to catch it.

Good to see blair back to his usual shit self. Anyone defending his purchase must surely be questioning it by now. He is a decent, run of the mill lock, he's not a prop.

wallace looks the good doesn't he?! Apart from the brain explosion offload he is chewing up metres with easy. Kid has a big futur

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Shame about the agendas against Blair and Maranta. As apart from the poor pass and not jumping for the ball both had good games. Blair was on for 25mins and made 8 hitups. He copped a nasty cork missed 2 tackles and was pulled for the game. Once he was gone our defence in the middle was a lot softer. Maranta had a good game almost faultless. As for the game i can honestly say we woud have lost that game last year. So i am happy.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
SRSLY ?

Simple? ....pffft! Have another look.

The whole back 3 had great games imo. Forwards ran out of steam in the 2nd half and I'll criticise Ben Hunt a little for not controlling the game a whole lot better. FMD....he had Corey Parker putting up a bomb in the dying minutes. As the halfback he'd simply has to get involved more and start directing the team around in these tight matches. He has to stop going MIA when the team needs him most.

Jack Reed has to go. He'll single handedly cost a game soon.

Completely agree with this, I thought the back three were great. If you can't see that Maranta is improving each week you are not a fair judge imo.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Milford was good. Again the agenda crew will come out pick one or two things to point out that they are right and he should be fullback. Despite the many good things he did today. His short kicking is dangerous but needs some work. His defence is very strong. His passing game is improving every week. Look at glenns stats and tell me milford at 5/8 is not good for this team

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Wouldn't say Milford was shit, but wouldn't say he was good or solid either. 2 glaring things today showed he doesn't have the skills that we need from a half.

1. Kick out on the full with no pressure.
2. He cannot pass left to right. He tried to put maranta in for a try off a cut out but maranta ended up having to turn around and jump to catch it.

Good to see blair back to his usual shit self. Anyone defending his purchase must surely be questioning it by now. He is a decent, run of the mill lock, he's not a prop.

wallace looks the good doesn't he?! Apart from the brain explosion offload he is chewing up metres with easy. Kid has a big futur
Luckily they're both areas that can be worked on. Compared to week 1 his kicking game has improved and will only get better. His passing will get there.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That pushed pass from Wallace looked horrible but it was an idea as there was a runner and he his hands free. Strong game from him.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Looking at NRL Stats, there were some bloody big efforts out there from our forward pack:

Josh McGuire - 16 runs (135m) & 29 tackles (1 missed)
Alex Glenn - 20 runs (158m) & 20 tackles (0 missed)
Matt Gillett - 10 runs (71m) & 43 tackles (0 missed)
Corey Parker - 18 runs (120m) & 27 tackles (0 missed)
Sam Thaiday - 12 runs (88m) & 35 tackles (0 missed)

The stats aren't final, but damn, impressive effort from our forwards.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Warriors lost the first half and we lost the second. I really can't find much else to take out of this game except maybe our back rowers were the difference between the 2 sides even though we still have no clue how to create some sort of attacking strategy which uses their skills.

I look at how the Roosters use Cordner and Guerra and I just shake my head, but then, their halves are coached to combine with the edge runners who in turn are coached to run angles and support play.

Milford combined well with Gillett from memory and Parker was just so rock solid in the middle.

Our front row is seriously limp except for Wallace, and Thaiday and Reed for mine have now outworn their welcome in the top grade. I just can't believe how easily Thaiday just drops when he is tackled. He shows no strength or power. He just falls down like a sack of potatoes.

The stats tell me nothing. The lack of power and go forward and impact for me was obvious.

Can the Walker Brothers please become Bennett's assistants now? Our game plan sucks.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
The Warriors lost the first half and we lost the second. I really can't find much else to take out of this game except maybe our back rowers were the difference between the 2 sides even though we still have no clue how to create some sort of attacking strategy which uses their skills.

I look at how the Roosters use Cordner and Guerra and I just shake my head, but then, their halves are coached to combine with the edge runners who in turn are coached to run angles and support play.

Milford combined well with Gillett from memory and Parker was just so rock solid in the middle.

Our front row is seriously limp except for Wallace, and Thaiday and Reed for mine have now outworn their welcome in the top grade. I just can't believe how easily Thaiday just drops when he is tackled. He shows no strength or power. He just falls down like a sack of potatoes.

The stats tell me nothing. The lack of power and go forward and impact for me was obvious.

Can the Walker Brothers please become Bennett's assistants now? Our game plan sucks.
Game plans sucks apart from the bit where we win?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I very much enjoyed today's win and it was on the back of a good defensive game. The teams attitude is really solid at the moment with people who keep turning up for one another. McCullough reignited the team when he came back on and strengthened the team with a series of good reads and solid tackles. Winning ugly is as important as the flashy stuff and I could see us getting run down and perhaps against a better side, we may have but these two points are worth the same as a great win against the best team. I am satisfied with the teams progress, in fact we are ahead of the curve. We will only get better....

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Milford was good. Again the agenda crew will come out pick one or two things to point out that they are right and he should be fullback. Despite the many good things he did today. His short kicking is dangerous but needs some work. His defence is very strong. His passing game is improving every week. Look at glenns stats and tell me milford at 5/8 is not good for this team

You can't use Glenn's stats to try make Milford look good. Glenn is playing for a contract and a starting spot, he's running lines again (which I have to admit, is probably a move by Bennett and I love it). Any half would be instructed to get Glenn the ball on those lines, it's not a reflection on Milford alone.

And if for those saying I and others are only critical of milf coz we have agendas (as opposed to genuinely believing it, and heaven forbid, us having a valid opinion and perhaps being right) we aren't the only ones. Along with Gould, wally and johns to name a few, other journalists etc are taking note too.

Bitly

. Anthony Milford needs to work on his game management. The star recruit still looks uncomfortable at five-eighth, making two errors and kicking out on the full at a critical stage of the second half. Milford can benefit by backing his instincts

for the record, this is the longest stretch of games in his short career that Milford has gone without a try or try assist. How much longer will we have to wait to see him actually do something

Last edited:
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I reckon by the back half the year Qlder. Locky endorsed him again today as a long term 6. You may end up proving to be right but 4 games isn't enough by any means, who knows what could happen if he comes good.

On another note, sorry if this has been discussed heaps already, the 3 big decisions today that went our way were IMO all 100% correct calls. No doubt the bobble touched Milford, no doubt Wallace grounded the ball and no doubt the touch by Niko went backwards. The retards calling the game went the other way every time, WTF were they looking at?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Game plans sucks apart from the bit where we win?

I am happy with the fact we won, and the 2 points, and a number of individual performances. I enjoyed the winning feeling and the way our back rowers stood up and stood out. Winning in NZ is no mean feat.

However, I am not happy with what I feel is that we are playing largely the same boring uncreative football we have been for umpteen seasons, and that against the top sides, on a performance like that, 2nd half in particular, as Foordy observed, we will get seriously flogged.

When will this side be coached to pass the fucking ball, stand deep and run onto well timed passes, change directions and angles ... do something other than bash, barge, go from side to side, and hope someone pulls a rabbit out of a hat?

Aside from not being able to close out games, I thought we played much better attacking football last year and without a 5/8 at that.

Last edited:
Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
I am happy with the fact we won, and the 2 points, and a number of individual performances. I enjoyed the winning feeling and the way our back rowers stood up and stood out. Winning in NZ is no mean feat.

However, I am not happy with what I feel is that we are playing largely the same boring uncreative football we have been for umpteen seasons, and that against the top sides, on a performance like that, 2nd half in particular, as Foordy observed, we will get seriously flogged.

When will this side be coached to pass the ****ing ball, stand deep and run onto well timed passes, change directions and angles ... do something other than bash, barge, go from side to side, and hope someone pulls a rabbit out of a hat?

Aside from not being able to close out games, I thought we played much better attacking football last year and without a 5/8 at that.
Really? I'd have to disagree with that. As a work in progress kind of side I think they're looking good. Will be interesting to see how they go without Hodges. They've always played well without him in the past. Certain take more responsibility .

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Hopefully Hodgo's injury will bring out Kahu's attacking prowess, which has been hampered by the swap with Justin in possession of the ball.

This has imo also been the reason for the lack of support on offloads and general second phase, which are obviously not in Hodgo's range of capabilities with his dodgy hamstrings.

Not a complaint though, as Justin has done some amazing work from that position.

I can't believe there's even talk of losing Kahu. He's 24, and has so much more to offer.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Volvo Driver
  • broncos4life
  • Jedhead
  • Dash
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.