Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Don't believe Kahu is going anywhere, at least he wouldn't be making that decision now. How is he a fringe first grader under Bennett? He's been selected from day dot in an important position. When Boyd is back he'll go centre or wing. Even if we get Gagai, you drop Reed, Maranta, and push Oates back to the forwards.

Unless it's another one of those don't want to play wing because it's considered a 'low' position.

We've also stuck by him through a lot of injuries, I'll be seriously pissed if he takes the first offer and leaves. IF. I don't believe it yet.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Don't believe Kahu is going anywhere, at least he wouldn't be making that decision now. How is he a fringe first grader under Bennett? He's been selected from day dot in an important position. When Boyd is back he'll go centre or wing. Even if we get Gagai, you drop Reed, Maranta, and push Oates back to the forwards.

Unless it's another one of those don't want to play wing because it's considered a 'low' position.

We've also stuck by him through a lot of injuries, I'll be seriously pissed if he takes the first offer and leaves. IF. I don't believe it yet.

Disagree here. He's been injured forever, if he gets a bigger offer financially he should take it. I dare say he's not made much money in the game so far and he is 24 already. Realistically, he's going to have a shorter career than he could have and that assumes he doesn't get another injury.

Plus if we sign Gagai to play ahead of him, why should he feel obliged to stay?

All assuming he leaves of course. Hopefully he stays anyway!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Reed playing NRL, Copley playing ISC ...

what is this, bizzaro world. That is the wrong fucking way round.

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
Well that was the complete opposite of what I thought would happen today but glad I was wrong, of sorts. Really was a game of two halves and lucky we had the refs on our side as it could have been a different story. Awesome game once again from Alex Glenn, playing the house down so far this year and Gillete tackled his heart out though still did a couple of rushes with no chance of making the hit.

thought hunt and Milford worked well together and are getting better by the game along with Maranta. Though that no jump was pretty bad. Oates first try scorer two in a row, can he get the hat trick , I dare say quite possible.

Surely Reed has had his go and time to step down.

hard luck for Hodgo if true. 4 weeks is still optimistic for the old fella. I'll wait for the scans to either be fully gutted or relieved if it's just a strain and rest for a week. Hard to say torn hammy straight after the game has finished.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Besides a few offloads, he didn't really do anything in attack. Poking his head through is fine, but it's not even a half break or anything.

and that equates to playing like shit?

Funny thing is, if he was playing fullback.... you'd no doubt be saying "he looked dangerous at times".

:laugh:

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
Reed playing NRL, Copley playing ISC ...

what is this, bizzaro world. That is the wrong fucking way round.

Copley may well be pretty underdone at the moment. Surgery last year then into the rehab group, didn't play much in the preseason before picking up an injury and missing rounds 2 and 3. Apparently he only was declared fit to play a day or two ago so not surprising for him to have an ISC game this week before playing NRL next Friday.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I thought the Kahu tweet was he got an injury in today's game.

Maybe it's the lack of sleep that made me thing that, or I am just stupid or it's both.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Visions of 2011 Copley right there.

Went to bat the ball dead, but just sat it up for a Dolphins player to come and score.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Also, have to bring up that Maranta no try. There is quite simply no excuse for that, and it is not a one off. Must be at least the tenth time he's done that at NRL level. People say that Vidot not catching bombs can cost us a game, but fucking up something that simple can as well. Seriously, there's no excuse. Even if he does over step, he had time to re-establish himself in the field of play and then score. But nope, total lack of awareness.

SRSLY ?

Simple? ....pffft! Have another look.

The whole back 3 had great games imo. Forwards ran out of steam in the 2nd half and I'll criticise Ben Hunt a little for not controlling the game a whole lot better. FMD....he had Corey Parker putting up a bomb in the dying minutes. As the halfback he'd simply has to get involved more and start directing the team around in these tight matches. He has to stop going MIA when the team needs him most.

Jack Reed has to go. He'll single handedly cost a game soon.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
More bad news.[TWEET]581991054330576896[/TWEET]
There is buckleys chance of Bennett not playing Boyd in the team when he returns to fitness anyway so it was to be expected.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Put the differences aside and enjoy that one! We got home in a nailbiter. Nice to hold onto one for a change. We earned that with the effort when the game was I'm the clutch. Wallace penalty was iffy but still 2 tackles to go and a long way for the warriors!

Good to be a broncos fan again this week. Kahu is becoming rock solid at 1.

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
Any win is a good win. Though we were outplayed in the second half the boys still hung in there. Some great takes by Kahu under some terrific bombs by Johnson.
Positives
· Hodges given a roving role in attack and not stuck on the right side. (At last!)
· Minimal handling errors or stupid penalties
· Strong games by up and comers Oates and Wallace
· Great leadership by Corey Parker again
Negatives
· Struggle to make decent metres in second half
· Average kicking game in the second half by Hunt. Can he take bombing lessons from Johnson? Not only were his bombs ordinary ,but they were poorly contested by chasers
· Reed
· Too many easy metres for Warriors in second half
· Tim Gilberts call and whinging about the Wallace try , which I saw no problems with.
· The length of time taken by video refs

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
There is buckleys chance of Bennett not playing Boyd in the team when he returns to fitness anyway so it was to be expected.
Well obviously, you don't go from playing Origin to reserve grade because of an injury. Even with Boyd back, there's plenty of room in the team. We don't exactly have an all stars back line.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Well obviously, you don't go from playing Origin to reserve grade because of an injury. Even with Boyd back, there's plenty of room in the team. We don't exactly have an all stars back line.

Exactly. Kahu in for Maranta, Copley in for Reed when Hodges returns and let that be the end of it.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
SRSLY ?

Simple? ....pffft! Have another look.

The whole back 3 had great games imo. Forwards ran out of steam in the 2nd half and I'll criticise Ben Hunt a little for not controlling the game a whole lot better. FMD....he had Corey Parker putting up a bomb in the dying minutes. As the halfback he'd simply has to get involved more and start directing the team around in these tight matches. He has to stop going MIA when the team needs him most.

Jack Reed has to go. He'll single handedly cost a game soon.

On second review, he didn't have time to re-establish his feet. So maybe not that simple, but I still can't excuse being over the sideline. It's a lack of awareness of where the lines are.

Unread

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.