Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Who's been better?

Twelve names, go.

Good luck

I'm still waiting for people to give me just one name of someone playing well enough in the lower grades to knock Hoffman out of the 5/8 role.

PS. Why the he'll do you have a Rooster as your avatar?

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I disagree that Thaiday and Gillett have been among the form players of the comp so far. They've played better than they have for the last 2 years, no doubt, and they're even approaching the stage where they actually deserve their spot in the lineup if they keep it up for a few more weeks, but there is no way they're even in the top dozen second rowers this year.

That's simply not true. Pete has asked you to name who's better but I'm sure you won't because you can't.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Good luck

I'm still waiting for people to give me just one name of someone playing well enough in the lower grades to knock Hoffman out of the 5/8 role.

PS. Why the he'll do you have a Rooster as your avatar?

Cos he's an arsehole :p

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Why thank you. ;)

Just a bit of SVRL banter between b4l and myself, Foordy. That and clearly Aubs is a player the Broncos should be targetting, clearly a better backrow than Gillett + Thaiday.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
What's the exact rule for a shepard? Do they really have to gain an advantage for it to be penalized?

I noticed several times Sandow would receive the ball on the inside of a decoy runner, then run behind him and pass it. I've seen that penalized for a shepard before, and Broncos got a penalty for it in that game when an Eels player ran behind his own teammate. It's really a confusing rule that needs to be sorted out.

Last edited:
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
You've got to give it to NSW TV viewers who not only sit through the delayed match in the wee hours of Friday night but spot a news story out of the players shaking hands. Twitter on Saturday was awash with accounts of Brisbane's Justin Hodges "brushing" Parramatta's Chris Sandow at Suncorp Stadium. The clubs responded on Facebook by saying the players are friends and were play acting. They were later caught on camera joking about the stunt, apparently. Clubs respond to Twitter on Facebook - it's a brave new world

Read more: Set of Six: Andrew Fifita farce forces other clubs to fess up

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
I dunno about a 'joke' and 'play acting' - I think Hodges was too pissed off at that point to shake ANY-damn-one's hand. I think he would have felt he had a night to forget mostly, by his standards - watch out Titans lol, he'll be primed for a BIG game this week I reckon...

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I know what Hodges did wasn't the right thing but I kinda like it, it shows how passionate he is and how pissed off he gets about losing.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He was one angry nugget Friday night that's for sure!

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Who's been better?

Twelve names, go.

Since Gillet has been playing lock ill include them. I came up with 9. Couldnt quite get 12

Arona, Ma'u, Fensom, Merrin, Burgess, Bird, Watmough, T Sims, Taumololo

Having said that i agree thaiday is in great form. Gillet has been attacking well, but his defence is still horrible

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
The Eels were fucking woeful on Friday night. Brad Arthur would have no cause for celebration after their performance.

The Broncos were selfish and wasteful in attack, that's why we lost (going ourself close to the line, one-off forward power play at the line and dropped balls).

The Broncos were complacent and got done by 10 minutes of individual brilliance from Hayne and Peats and a "diamonds" moment from Sandow's mostly rocks performance for the previous 75 minutes of the game.

Radradra's try - Hodges lazy lapse in defence from 10 months out of the game. Copley and Maranta would have defended that better.

The Broncos are a much better team than the Eels and dominated the game on Friday night during the first 15 minutes, the 30-40 minute mark, the first 25 minutes of the second half. When Barba "scored" that no try, there was a sense of inevitability that it should be that easy to put the Eels away.

Honestly, we should be good enough to not fall into the "bait and switch" efforts of teams like the Eels but we do, and hopefully it's a lesson learned to put rubbish to the sword, rather than lower our standard to the opposition's.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Well at least you had a go. If nothing else, I can respect that.

I can buy the likes of Bird, Watmough, Burgess (even if it's a stretch after one game...) but the rest are on par if not clearly inferior.

Last edited:
QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well at least you had a go. If nothing else, I can respect that.

I can buy the likes of Bird, Watmough, Burgess (even if it's a stretch after one game...) but the rest are on par if not clearly inferior.

Not sure that fensom is on par. Fensom is a level above thaiday and gillett. Has really added an attacking dimension to his game this year. 57 tackles and 20 hitups on the weekend. Can only dream of that from a bronco! Merrin is def above them too atm, hes having a great year. Each to their own i guess

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I had to LOL at the Tariq Sims inclusion.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Not sure that fensom is on par. Fensom is a level above thaiday and gillett. Has really added an attacking dimension to his game this year. 57 tackles and 20 hitups on the weekend. Can only dream of that from a bronco! Merrin is def above them too atm, hes having a great year. Each to their own i guess

Yeah because Corey Parker doesn't do any of that...

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Organix
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rambstien
  • The Boss
  • Pablo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncs30
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.