Round 5 - Broncos vs Eels - Post-Game Discussion

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Round 5 v Eels - Post Game discussion

Welp, what can you say about that. Oh yeah, these things.

Of course, it would be us that ends Parra's 21 away game losing streak. Of fucking course.

Reed and Hoffman need to go. They're useless.

Hunt is as hot and cold as Sandow at this point.

That was probably the worst I've ever seen Barba play, whether it be for us or the Dogs. He was a passenger.

As was all of our best players from last week. Gillett? MIA. Thaiday? Typical hands on hips behind the opposition crap. Parker? Well I feel bad for him.

Did Maranta and Vidot even play?

If the Tits want Hannant so badly, they can have him. Liability.

POTS? Don't even bother mate, 1000 points to Hodges and **** the rest as usual.

Last edited:
GotheBroncs

GotheBroncs

BRL Player
Dec 6, 2013
Very fucking dissappointed. I believe the broncos played like shit but parramatta were the better side. So pissed off right now.

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012
Gave parra too many meters, especially in our own half standing off letting them come to us.

MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
Re: Round 5 v Eels - Post Game discussion

We got our hopes up, but after all we are the Broncos

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Jack Reed - Not good enough for first grade currently, completely rubbish player in offense and defense

Ben Hunt - Horrible

Josh Hoffman - Horrible, needs to be on the wing

Ben Barba - Horrible, if he's not playing injured we made a severe mistake in signing him, he's done nothing this year that Norman couldn't have done for us last year

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Re: Round 5 v Eels - Post Game discussion

Disgraceful defense.

Do people still want Reed in the side?

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think it's fair to say the Hoffman at 5/8th experiment is over with(not with Griffin I'm guessing), get him out of the spine and onto the wing, definitely a finisher not a player you want to even contemplate trying to create something. Reed, been patient with him for the first 4 rounds, tonight confirm's his just not upto the task, Copley into the centres.

Last edited:
Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Hodges - hopefully the old Hodges can come back when confidence returns, the Hodges tonight was terrible
Barba - oh god, where oh where as our benny boy gone, oh where oh where can he be?
Reed - Can we trade him for anybody that isn't him?

Hoffman/Hunt had **** all to work with and towards the end it seemed half the passes to them went above their head instead of at their chest.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Got to give credit to Parra. They did their homework on our defense.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Got to give credit to Parra. They did their homework on our defense.

Definitely, full credit to them, we didn't do ourselves any favor but still they were the better side overall.

GotheBroncs

GotheBroncs

BRL Player
Dec 6, 2013
Hoffman - shit
Reed - MEGA shit
Hunt - shit
Barba - worst game this season
Lowrie - useless

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Broncos of 2013-esque.

1000 missed tackles, equal number of knock-ons, a complete lack of patience and a fair amount of a lack of urgency from many, most noticeably unfortunately from Barba, who (IMHO) had an absolute shocker and needs a rocket. Could he run slower on his kick returns? Has he knocked the ball on or thrown the ball to ground more times in a single game, whilst contributing virtually nothing in attack?

Plus was Hodgo who single-handedly dragged us back into that game. Negative was the utterly useless 'experiment' of starting him on the bench. Maranta got replaced early (another plus) and didn't come back on, so he shouldn't have been there in the first place. Oates would have been of far more use in that game. Big, strong and mobile and skilful.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
I don't see where people are getting Hunt is terrible from. I thought he had a good game. He made a few poor choices, but again came up with the big play when it counted and controlled the game well in periods, just not for long enough.

Barba was poor, Hoffman was poor and Reed was deplorable. He must be dropped from the team. Copley to Left Centre, Hoffman to Left Wing, Vidot to Right Wing and someone at #6 who isn't Hoffman.

Our Forwards were poor tonight too. Hannant is still very slow and I thought the Eels Forwards were brilliant.

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
Reed is as lazy as ever, tackles with his hands

Hoffman deadset shithouse

Hunt too hot and cold, I put that down to him not having a quality 5/8 helping steer the team

Good to see Hodges back, still has his demeanor on field, just hope it doesnt cost us a game down the road

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Team vs Titans -

1. Maranta
2. Vidot
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges (c)
5. Copley
6. K.Nikorima
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Parker (c)
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Hala
15. J.Wallace
16. Oates
17. Ofahengaue

We've been winning games with pure ass so far, Griffin needs to send a strong message. Reed, Barba, Hannant, Kennedy, Lowrie have all been virtually rubbish for the first 5 rounds. Hoffman is an outside back. Hunt needs to work on his game, a whole lot, one good play doesn't make up for a whole half of shit, another performance like that from him should buy him a first class ticket to Queensland Cup.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
with Hodges back maranta is gone. poor selection by hook. the.problem.is hoffman. he sucks at 5/8. this puts pressure on hunt but hunt isn't at the level yet to control the team.

I can live with reed staying at center he made some good runs tonight and Copley outside of Hodges is deadly

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
That capped off a pretty shit day for me. Fridays are supposed to be awesome. Not for Broncs supporters. clearly.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • mrslong
  • Cavalo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Ondi
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.