Not open for further replies.
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Discuss!

Should be an easy win for the Broncos.

Hodges is not expected back until Round 7, so I don't think he will be playing in this game. Slight injury to Copley, but hopefully it's all good. Hannant is a chance for this game, but they don't really need him back for this game so I hope they leave him out just to give him that extra bit of recovery time.

Apart from that, the team should be the same that took the field tonight.

Shut Hayne down, shut the Eels down. However he's done a good enough job of shutting himself down so far this season. Playing at the Cauldron, we'll stomp them.

One of the few teams beaten last year by Parramatta was the Broncos. Such is the nature of the NRL any team can produce a boilover. Although it is totally reasonable to expect a Bronco victory absolutely no one would be surprised by the Eels winning. Complacency and a sense of entitlement will be the biggest dangers. I hope Hannant returns because he is totally committed to the Broncs and it keeps blokes like Kennedy right on his toes.

I think enough of the squad will remember last season and the attitude should be okay. Brisbane by a much smaller margin than most expect.

Yeah, I agree with CF. If they keep last year's loss in mind it should stop them being complacent because we should win this easily.

Will be interesting to see how we go in the first game we will go in as favourites. We have been playing well as the underdogs with nobody expecting anything from us.

Eels look a lot better this year. The Norman factor could go either way. Having said that we owe them from last year.

Hodges apparently did a few FULL training sessions with the boys last week don't be surprised to see him this week.

Parra have points in them so we will need to get our defence in order. Our forwards SHOULD roll over the top of them but you never know what might happen.

Interested to see how Parra play against the Panthers. Their performances have been mixed so far.

My inclination is that it will probably be similar to last night's game. They have several decent attacking players such as Hayne, Semi, Sandow, and Hoppa, but lack defensive steel.

Again, our attitude is the biggest variable that concerns me. So far, hasn't been an issue. Hope they keep that fire in their bellies and come out hungry for blood.

Provided they have their heads screwed on straight, the blueprint is the same as this week. Roll them through the middle, isolate their weaker defenders with our big men, and the points will come. Tighten up the edge defence though, because that's where their greatest chance of points is.

I'd say us 30-10 or so, but ideally they step it up a notch over this week's effort.

No tickets for this on my awesome foursome, but will probably go anyway.

I want Hayne to score well as he's my SC Draft captain. But I do hope that dodgy ankle of his keeps him quiet until round 6. If Sandow plays, we have a ready-made target for Glenn. That whole right side of theirs (our left attack) will be leaking points all night.

Hopefully Copley's injury isn't serious, he's playing great. Someone on channel 9 news last night said that Hodges was a reasonable chance to play the Eels, same with Hannant, would love to see this team.

1. Ben Barba
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Josh Hoffman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Corey Parker
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Matt Gillett

14. Ben Hannant
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Jarrod Wallace
17. Jack Reed

I love Corey Oates and I think he's going to be a star, but he needs some 80 minute games in the QCUP, his fitness and body weight look pretty ordinary at the moment, I'd be using Reed as an impact player off the bench until Oates is fully fit.

Last edited:
Boy haven't times changed !!!! I keep smiling when EVERY team put forth this year has MARANTA named . If he is indicative of the whole teams turnaround then this should be a great season. We should win but Parramatta will not simply cave in, at least not until late in the game. If we turn up and play hard and still get beat then things are okay but if it's a shit effort then the old malaise may still be just under the surface. It's the 'should win' games that are the best guide to a teams collective mind set.

Parra seem to have the wood over us of late! Should be an easy win though if we play with the same intensity ad the last couple of games. I see us sitting top 2 leading into origin we have a pretty easy run. Hoping to see us make a statement with Barba and co due to fire.

I'd be tempted to swap our wingers around for this game. Maranta is much improved this year, but I worry about his ability to handle Radradra. Vidot has much more size to him.

They aren't as crap as last year, and neither are we.

Don't care if it's close, getting the W is enough.

If Sandow plays, I want them to run Thaiday at him. I think he would make more of an impact then Glenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• DrGee
  • Battler
  • Volvo Driver
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.