Round 5 - Broncos vs Eels - Pre Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite confident about winning this game. Parra are playing a lot better and are capable of winning but they are very short upfront while in contrast we have one of the strongest packs in the comp and most are in good form.

I feel if we can get a roll on upfront and limit Sandow's chances we will win.

According to Ikin on Sterlo, Maranta will be starting on the right wing with Copley at right centre, and then when Hodges comes off the bench for Maranta, Copley will switch to right wing.

Not sure I'm too happy with that.. if Hodges isn't fit enough to start, he's not fit enough to play.

Not sure I'm too happy with that.. if Hodges isn't fit enough to start, he's not fit enough to play.

100% agreed, Unbreakable. Though if it's true, I'm glad Maranta hasn't been dropped.

According to Ikin on Sterlo, Maranta will be starting on the right wing with Copley at right centre, and then when Hodges comes off the bench for Maranta, Copley will switch to right wing.

they've done it before with Lockyer.

most likely they just want to get some game time in his legs. possibly avoiding the fast paced start,

It doesn't sound like a bad plan tbh. Means we can ease Hodges into the match.

It doesn't sound like a bad plan tbh. Means we can ease Hodges into the match.
I agree. All the starting forwards have been playing pretty big minutes and we can afford to carry Hodgo if he needs to come off.

Anyone else get frustrated with the amount of non-local coverage the Broncos get? I mean on Sterlo they spoke about the Eels constantly, and Gasnier spoke about how dangerous the Eels are and how they'll win. I got Big League today too and all they say is that the Broncos defense will be under pressure and how the Eels will win. The title of the story is even called "Eels fly north ready to show their spark".

Meh, keep winning and we'll be flying under the radar since people still wont rate us.

Pretty much every one else hates us ... and i love that :takdir:

I like that everyone hates us too but surely these shows are told to reach out to all fans, not just the ones who appeal to their agendas. I mean, people are always saying how bias Lockyer, Lewis and Ikin are but they have nothing on Freddy, Joey, Sterlo, Gould, Greg Alexander, the Kiwi commentators and the friggin English guys. Even when Gorden Tallis is on these shows you can see him sit back and shake his head at how much crap these guys talk about whoever is playing the Broncos that week.

Meh, keep winning and we'll be flying under the radar since people still wont rate us.

That is so true that even many of our own fans don't rate us. Haha

Anyone else get frustrated with the amount of non-local coverage the Broncos get? I mean on Sterlo they spoke about the Eels constantly, and Gasnier spoke about how dangerous the Eels are and how they'll win. I got Big League today too and all they say is that the Broncos defense will be under pressure and how the Eels will win. The title of the story is even called "Eels fly north ready to show their spark".

couldnt give a toss. i dont need to hear fluff from the media talking up my team to know whats going on

why should sydney cover the broncos? we dont cover sydney teams up here..

Last edited:
I don't know what I find worse, Gould's rants in the early to mid day's of the Broncos existence(probably my fav is the one after the 1998 flogging the Roosters received in the finals and him having a big cry about how unfair it is that the finals aren't all played in sydney) or his recent transformation to the false praise giver who gives it so thick you would rather just have the old version back and at the end of the day I'd rather just call it as they see it, rather fake it. Besides proving them wrong makes it all the more sweeter.

Last edited:
re hodges on the bench - i dont mind it. griffin himself said his biggest hurdle is mental so if he eases into the game then thats a plus for him.

the way concussion is affecting teams lately playing back on the bench almost seems the way to go, especially if your forwards can do the minutes, and ours can - now that hannant back we really dont need four forwards on the bench. despite the original negativity, parker at prop seems to be working.

I'd rather fly under the radar, to be honest. Less pressure for our young squad, the better. Also, we get the added bonus of laughing in the faces of every fanbase that writes us off before we're done sticking our boots up their arses.

if Hodges isn't fit enough to start, he's not fit enough to play.

If you're not 100% fit you shouldn't risk yourself even more and play. In the words of Jack Gibson

"Talent is secondary to whether the players are confident"

So true

It can get grating.

In fairness, I don't think it's a knock against Brisbane, rather the shows are designed to be NSW centric. It makes sense too given the game is based in NSW and 11 clubs practically spawn from the state (may as well include Canberra because the NSWRL sure does).

I can see where you're coming from with the Big League article, it does seem like Smith used the opportunity to gush on about the Eels while keeping his thoughts on the Broncos to a minimum but he did end up tipping the boys to win.

It can get grating.

In fairness, I don't think it's a knock against Brisbane, rather the shows are designed to be NSW centric. It makes sense too given the game is based in NSW and 11 clubs practically spawn from the state (may as well include Canberra because the NSWRL sure does).

I can see where you're coming from with the Big League article, it does seem like Smith used the opportunity to gush on about the Eels while keeping his thoughts on the Broncos to a minimum but he did end up tipping the boys to win.

I thought that was funny. He explained where and why the Eels would win and tipped us by 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • Justwin
  • achievedrap
  • kiwi2
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Midean
  • mitch222
  • davidp
  • Skathen
  • jarro65
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Matheos
  • winslow_wong
  • Jedhead
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.