Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
What do think the qld cup club represent by broncos are angry? I will be angry if my good player didn't play the game. The coaching job on the line in qld cup too.

You shouldn't be relying on NRL players. If you are going into a year banking on guys then you're not a very strong club. They can be a nice pick up if you get them but you should be a club without them.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
You shouldn't be relying on NRL players. If you are going into a year banking on guys then you're not a very strong club. They can be a nice pick up if you get them but you should be a club without them.

I have been wondering if my Dolphins have fallen into that trap. They are a strong club, but i wonder if they thought they would cover their considerable losses from last year with more Broncos than they got.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Tigers are going to have a field day with territory as the Panthers are about half as bad as the Broncs last night and that says something about how bad Brissy were but Wests can't attack to save themselves.

Reactions: Dee
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Greg Alexander on fox did his best to make him look like the Antichrist as well, not that he has any intellectual integrity.

It looks so much worse in slow motion than it actually is. 2 weeks is ridiculous.
Brandy is blatantly biased against the Broncos... not sure what they ever did to him but he fucking hates us

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Throwing it out there, don't be shocked if Bird is named at Lock next week, especially if Roberts is ready to play. It'll be Roberts & Staggs in the Centres and Bird at Lock.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Throwing it out there, don't be shocked if Bird is named at Lock next week, especially if Roberts is ready to play. It'll be Roberts & Staggs in the Centres and Bird at Lock.

That’ll be 3 different locks in 4 weeks? When do the trials finish?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Glenn needs a stint in the QCup.

I would put Su'A on that left edge, he is more suited to the left edge. He isn't a middle forward. Our left side defence is an issue, and Glenn is one of the reasons why.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
That’ll be 3 different locks in 4 weeks? When do the trials finish?
The trials have finished, stop baiting. We need to adjust the squad as needed, especially under a new coach. Would you rather Seibold does nothing? What do you want at this stage of the season?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
The trials have finished, stop baiting. We need to adjust the squad as needed, especially under a new coach. Would you rather Seibold does nothing? What do you want at this stage of the season?

So we’re still trialling for positions?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What I want to see changed is improved execution of the good attacking plays we put in last night, and there were quite a few, immediate addressing of the lazy and poor defensive reads which led to ALL their tries, COMMUNICATION in the middle where our defence is organized and no damn missed tackles, Isaako regaining his football brain which seems to have disengaged and wingers not coming in off their wings = having the defence cover the attacking numbers out wide, not the 4 on 3 which led to the Roosters 1st try.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I'm asking you, what do you want?

4 rounds in, what do you want to see changed?

The basics would be nice like completing sets by holding the ball and not kicking on the 3rd. Wingers that can catch bombs confidently. It’s these basic errors that put this team under immense pressure and we all know this team in recent years can’t handle pressure.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Maguire is gonna have the tigers revved up after they threw away the win last night against Penrith. The following week we play the raiders in Canberra, then the sharks and rabbits. I am really not confident about winning any of these to be honest.

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
Lol if we don’t turn it around real quick we could easily lose the next 3 games and be 1 from 7.

I expect a much better effort this week but I’m not confident at all to be honest.

PNG Broncos fan88

PNG Broncos fan88

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2018
I cannot believe Sportsbet have got us at 1.40 to beat the tigers next week. That is ridiculous!

I feel change coming, I'm excited.

If that doesn't happen, I'm putting the house on the Tigers.

Next 4 matches; Tigers, Raiders, Sharks, Rabbits.
1-7 into magic round, to ease the pain you can make a load of quid betting on the opposition.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Though perhaps warranted on form through the first four games, I don't think wholesale changes would do anything but create further instability and guarantee a continued string of losses. It also looks like we don’t have that many options for change in any case. Nevertheless I would like to see a few adjustments across the coming weeks, barring a massive and unlikely reversal of form and/or attitude. I know a lot of this is repeating what’s already been said in this thread and others, but that’s kind of this forum’s thing, isn’t it…

Bird has been one of the standouts so far, and I'd love to see him move to fullback. We desperately need someone more dynamic at the back, and I think he’d shore up the defense as well. Staggs has earned a chance to stay at starting centre. I don't think that you can drop Boyd entirely at this point, so move him to centre while Roberts is out and then push him to the wing and let Isaako find some form in the lower grades unless he tears it up before Roberts gets back. It might even be worthwhile replacing Isaako right now.

At some point we need to drop Nikorima back to the bench to spell McCullough at the end of each half. I think this is Niko’s best position, unless he finds himself playing five-eighth on a team with a dominant half. I’d bring O'Sullivan in at halfback in the first instance, as he seems to be the most experienced of a very inexperienced bunch, but with an eye to get Dearden in there sooner or later.

Immediate changes in the forwards will be dictated by Pangai’s imminent suspension, and I suspect Gillett moves back to lock, Fifita comes back into the starting side, and Haas comes on to the bench. It’s not ideal but it is what it is, and will revert once Pangai comes back. Lodge is the cornerstone of this pack so thank god he’s back. While he hasn’t been setting the world on fire I think Offa is the best option alongside him for now, but if Flegler keeps improving Offa should be very worried. I’d also like to see Carrigan get a chance somewhere just because it seems every second poster talks him up.

Even if none of these changes happen, I think Boyd needs to be stripped of the captaincy and have it given to Gillett. I wish there was a better option, and maybe that’s Lodge in the long term depending on how he develops, but for now I do think that it might work to lift Gillett to another level, and it might even relieve some of the weight from Boyd’s shoulders and spur him to improve his effort and finish his career on a high note. Even if you don’t make significant changes to the makeup of the seventeen, a change like that would emphasise that the status quo is no longer good enough. That change and dropping one or two established players would be even more emphatic…
I like a lot of this post but would add that Lodge, standout that he has been would not be my choice for captain. Not that he's a bad person or for his past indiscretions but after watching his interviews he just didn't strike me as being very bright. I know that seems judgemental and or condescending but that's not what I'm going for. He just seems to be the sort of person who processes things very slowly. I mean a comparison between him and say Lockyer or Cam Smith would highlight what I'm trying to say. I don't want posters to think I've set out to denigrate Lodge, I just don't think he's got the 'smarts' for the job.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
What is this obsession with blaming White for recruitment/retention or game day selections etc...

This is on the coach .... They get the teams they want ...

And in Macca's case it is 1000% on Bennett.
I don't think that's truly reflective of the situation. Signing players, contract lengths etc was largely taken out of WBs hands when he returned as Lockyer recently indicated. I'm not saying WB had no role and certainly would have recommended players but he wasn't in outright charge of things. Lockyer didn't say that the board and or a sub committee was in charge but when speaking about players he mentioned how we(the group in charge) did this and that, signed this or that player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Manlyman
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Lostboy
  • bb_gun
  • Alec
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.