Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
So because his lordship disagrees it's crap. Yeh right. He topped the missed tackle count, he bombed a certain try which was a huge turning point in the game. He made a few good tackles and despite his crabbing across field leading up to the first try the other times it simply threw the whole team structure to shit. He needs to run straight and hard and link with his frikkin winger for god sake that's what centres do matey.
Ok so we will sacrifice the first try because he shouldn't run across field, that makes our loss a little worse if we didnt have that try. Can I remind you of how the match winning try was scored

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
I will say this for the Broncos.

There's going to come a stretch of games in the not too distant future where the Broncos lift and play a brand of football that's going to lead to wins. Names like Payne Haas, Jack Bird, Thomas Flegler, Tevita Pangai Jr, David Fifita, Jaydn Su'A are going to be popular and the fans on here are going to feel extremely lucky to have them in the squad. However, this has been the same song and dance from the Broncos the past two years now. They've fooled themselves into thinking certain players have a place in key positions and as time has gone on they've gradually gotten worse. Again, I don't see an easy solution, either it gets worse before it gets better or they just continue to try and buy themselves some time and hope that a player forces them to pick them.

There is going to be some good times ahead, it's just a matter of when. When are they going to have their 'Dragons' moment like the Rabbitohs had last year? That's what they need.
Get off the fence BP, are we in with a chance or are we doomed after 5 rounds?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Well then we should have fucking recruited for these positions one or two years ago shouldn't we! Some of you blokes give me the shits when you say, "oh well there wasn't anyone available blah blah blah". Stop talking such shit. There were a number of halfbacks and hookers available at various times these past couple of years. Bennett, the recruiters, the board, whoever the **** it was stuffed up by thinking we were fine in these critical roles. We had the chance and we blew money on blokes like Bird. It has come back to bite us hard on the arse now!

It's about understanding the situation for what it is. It's one thing to want changes, it's another when the players being bandied about aren't any better.

Look, I get it, people enjoy fantasy coaching the side. However, I'm not going to champion a player who doesn't deserve it and say he's the answer to all our prayers. Obviously changes need to be made, but I don't see the point in championing a player I've seen little of and getting upset when they're not picked.

I'd rather focus on the positives and negatives and see how Seibold responds and try to understand the rationale.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Bird was good...for the first 5 minutes.

Then he blew a certain try, dropped another ball, had players getting on his outside and picking up ground just about every time, and finished with the lowest tackle efficiency in the side.

The team had 80 minutes to win that football match.

Yes Bird made errors, but his effort was there, and has been there in the past weeks. I would much rather have a player slightly out of form by way of mistakes - working hard and giving effort, than a player complacent and doing the minimum.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Officially it's the worst start to a Broncos season since 2010. I'm seeing a lot of the same qualities I saw that season and I genuinely find it difficult to envision them clawing their way back into this year.

Maybe it's the recession the Broncos needed to have?

Nailed it, blooding the future and hopefully moving on the past in the next couple of years.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Ok so we will sacrifice the first try because he shouldn't run across field, that makes our loss a little worse if we didnt have that try. Can I remind you of how the match winning try was scored
No need to . It was scored because no less than four of our players stood waiting for each other to tackle the player with the ball and then our captain ( who seems to think his form is fairly good) over runs the player and slides, which incidentally is almost a weekly occurrence now.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
He axed Farah for Cook who was a journeyman at the time. I would kill to have Farah in our side right now at a more advanced age. I don't understand what's holding Seibold back from making calls in key positions.
A total lack of depth

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
Can't believe Milf & Kodi are copping it from SOME fan's, these guys played well. The last play where Chee-Kam danced past 4 of our guys Milford was blocking the offload and inside pass as well as the only guy to try and stop Chee-Kam from getting over the line.

Offa can look for a new club & please start a succession plan for a new #9, I'm so exhausted being dissapointed in McCullouch, Great bloke by all accounts but ffs surely theres a better #9 out there for us?

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Can't believe Milf & Kodi are copping it from SOME fan's, these guys played well. The last play where Chee-Kam danced past 4 of our guys Milford was blocking the offload and inside pass as well as the only guy to try and stop Chee-Kam from getting over the line.

Offa can look for a new club & please start a succession plan for a new #9, I'm so exhausted being dissapointed in McCullouch, Great bloke by all accounts but ffs surely theres a better #9 out there for us?
Summed up well

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

they had a chance to win the game the previous set but ended up looking like the keystone bloody cops ... actually on second thoughts, that's an insult to the keystone cops ... they looked more like a monkey fucking a football

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Game management yet again.
Yep
Even with our mistakes Milford should had us leading handsomely at halftime. I am at the point where I think he needs to go..
Nikorima at least looks likely to make something happen

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
No premiership this year bb, but maybe next year.
Mate we are so far from a premiership it's not funny. Unless Boyd retires or moves to wing. We won't make the 8 this year or next. Guarantee it. We are going backwards and judging by the press conference our coach is just making excuses for complete lack of effort and enthusiasm. Milford and Nikorima have played like 40 games together as a halves pairing. It doesn't fucking work. Boyd hasn't played better than an average game in 2 years. He had some good signs tonight but twice in defence when we needed him to stand up, he didn't. Yet again.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I think a real halfback and actual structure would fix a lot at once. The shitty field goal prep sets, the shape on the edges to help out the forwards and always being threatening, forwards generally having more of an idea too... If Dearden isn't ready, we might have to just forget about re-signing some of the forwards and spend money on trying to lure a real half from somewhere, somehow.

Last edited:
Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
I actually really loved Nikorima as 7 tonight. Looking at the two, you wouldn't think that Milf is earning twice as much as Nikorima.

Nikorima has to work twice as hard to be credited with a good game then anyone else in the side.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Mate we are so far from a premiership it's not funny. Unless Boyd retires or moves to wing. We won't make the 8 this year or next. Guarantee it. We are going backwards and judging by the press conference our coach is just making excuses for complete lack of effort and enthusiasm. Milford and Nikorima have played like 40 games together as a halves pairing. It doesn't fucking work. Boyd hasn't played better than an average game in 2 years. He had some good signs tonight but twice in defence when we needed him to stand up, he didn't. Yet again.

I agree, the Broncos need to change course.

It's just not going to happen all in one season. Next year, who knows?

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Yep
Even with our mistakes Milford should had us leading handsomely at halftime. I am at the point where I think he needs to go..
Nikorima at least looks likely to make something happen
Were you at the game ? At the game I assure you nikorima looked garbage in the first half. The amount of ball we had in the 20 and he kept just giving suicide balls to forwards or dummying and getting tackled. He needs to go to impact. All his good plays come back end of the game when everyone's tired.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mr Fourex
  • bazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.