Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Not even a good nights sleep could take away the sour taste in my mouth from that game last night. Just wanted to share a few things I have seen so far this season and saw in the game last night.

- We still take an eternity to get up and play the ball. Teams are better at the wrestle than us and they are laying all over us but I rarely see our players kick their legs trying to get up quickly for a faster ptb. In saying that, I think we're a little better in this department than we were last season but still, our players need to push up, kicking their legs, do something to manufacture a faster ptb. They need to learn how to fall to the ground when they are tackled so they can prepare to get up quick etc. Is this something Seibold's teaching the players? I know he mentioned our ptb speed was terrible and I CAN see an improvement definitely, but it's not consistent enough and we could and should be doing much better at this. It's vital.

- Our forwards are not running onto the ball or Macca is almost always passing the ball to a flat receiver. This is not good enough. Our forwards need to run onto the ball at pace to create momentum and speed. I rarely see this. What I see is us getting dragged down in tackles, taking an eternity to get up and ptb, and once we ptb, Macca passes to a player who's standing flat footed with no run up at all. It kills momentum or any sort of drive in the set of 6. I think this may be because we don't have any plan. No one knows who's getting the ball or which side of the field we are going to attack etc. It's confusion within the squad so Macca lobs the pass to anyone and most of the time, that player might not expect it so we're flat footed and the defense rushes up to us and we make less than 10 metres in the play etc. WTF is this shit?

- Macca's service from hooker is dreadful. It's been said to death and I'll just add to it. Macca's passing is A Grade level at best. His passes are slow and do not go to the players chest. He throws them above their head and all over the place. I'm sure he's a nice bloke, a good clubman but he is not what this team needs and imo, he needs to either go away completely or play 50 minutes max. with Nikorima on the bench to come on for him to create speed around the ruck. Macca is a tackling machine and that's good but all players tackle, he can be replaced. Plus, he is slow. He has no pace or speed at all and it's comical to watch when he scoots from dummy half because nothing eventuates from it. It's embarrassing. Alot of our problems stem from the ruck and Macca's service and decision making plus our slow ass ptb's are a big concern.

- We have no leadership. This is probably the biggest problem our team has. There are no out and out leaders in this team to take control, bark orders and get the job done. We should of iced that game last night, but we didn't and we failed. We look so lost out there it's beyond a joke anymore. We look rudderless. I believe no one in this team can develop into a leader. IMO, you are born a leader who has the strength and confidence to bark orders at your team without losing respect and they will listen to you. No one in our top 30 players has these qualities and they cannot be taught. It comes natural and unfortunately, we don't have this type of person and player. Although, something about Haas tells me he may be a leader, I don't know much about him or seen leadership qualities in his 3 or 4 NRL games, but it's a long shot.

- We have no game managers in the spine and I've seen enough. Our 1,6,7 and 9 have been playing together for a few years now. The 6 and 7 have played many junior games together so this is not experiment, they cannot get the job done. It's been proven time and time again. They are not suited to play together. It's dreadful. Passes going to ground, no one communicating on the field, no one knows what to do or what play to go for, and all this is the job of the spine, mainly Niko and Milf. That's the bottom line, it's their job and they have proven they can't do it. How much longer are we going to persist with this crap? Putting in a new 6 or 7 or both or a new 9 or 1 can't be worse than the way we are playing now, I can assure you. The spine must change.

- We aren't holding on to the ball. I'ts basic fundamentals. Hold on to the ball and don't let it slip out of your grasp or drop it. This is basic rugby league 101. I've read a few comments by people saying "this is going to take some time". What's going to take fucking time? The team learning how to NOT drop passes? How to hold on to the fucking football? They need time to learn this!? What the **** have they been doing since they were little kids playing junior league? What the **** have they been doing in the lower grades and then, what the **** are they doing at training every day? They need time and patience to learn how to grasp a fucking steeden? How to not drop passes? How to focus? That's absolutely ridiculous and it's a pathetic mentality. They are paid professionals. I'm not seeking perfection so ofcourse, they will drop balls from time to time and give away penalties etc, but the rate of our mistakes per game is alarming. So many knock ons, dropped balls, missed tackles, ineffective tackles etc. This all comes down to ATTITUDE. I don't care who the fucking coach is, Wayne or Seibold, it doesn't fucking matter, what matters is the players ATTITUDE and WANTING to achieve greatness within the team and their own performance and FOCUSING on what the **** they are doing each second of every play, attack or defense. Lodge last night had THREE dropped balls within 20 minutes. THREE. Bird drops an absolute perfect pass to the chest, we score. Fifita's was a little more difficult to grasp but he could of taken that ball and planted it for a try. They just can't get it right and this particular issue has nothing to do with coaching, it's the individual players attitude and across the board, the entire teams attitude isn't good at all.

Anyway, there's my opinion and what I have seen thus far. I think most will agree with me, some of you won't but what I cannot believe for the life of me is you guys who say, this is going to take time, be patient, it's a new coach etc etc. It's honestly laughable but each to their own. I will never live in a fools paradise.

Brilliantly said!! Best and most accurate summary I have seen so far.

You serious? Not saying the halves were good but McCullough is a massive anchor on the team.
Macca is an issue but we had enough forward momentum in that first half last night and Milford was ordinary. I actually think now that if we get a decent half Nikorima would be a more dangerous foil than Milford where I was thinking the opposite until this season.
It was just so apparent at the ground that Milford is so far behind Brooke’s who orchestrated a win with less momentum than Milford. His kicking game was another level.

How sad. The Titans look more organised against the Panthers than we have looked so far this season.

At least we're not Penrith. How are they this shit with their halves? Their pack is overrated but still top 8 worthy.

How sad. The Titans look more organised against the Panthers than we have looked so far this season.
I was looking for where to post this but they would destroy us, they’re heaps more controlled.

I was looking for where to post this but they would destroy us, they’re heaps more controlled.

that's because they have a quality controlling 7 who would perfectly complement Milford (or even Nikorima)

Lol, know exactly how you feel.

After last night's monstrosity, I almost drove to my local maccas and ordered the entire menu.
I was too sick to eat after watching the shit dished up

From the small glimpse of Carrigan I saw last night i was bloody impressed. He was in everything. He better get more minutes next week. Another poor decision from Seibs to give such an impressive young player such a limited opportunity. However Carrigan certainly made the most of it.
I sit near the dugout and he was extremely gassed after that short stint. I am sure fitnesswasnt the issue last night just adrenaline pushing him too far. Expect bigger minutes now he has that out of the way.

Thinking to the future I hope Milford doesn’t get re-signed or another club lures him from us. Hindsight being 20/20 we should have capitalised on him as a running half the whole time he was here.

Hopefully by the time his contract is up we are staring down at an entirely new spine and putting the last decade well behind us.
Disagree with this. I am starting to think he is the fullback we need. We’ve persisted long enough with him at 5/8. A decent half and Niko and while I think Macca needs to be phased out he could be servicableif we have a dynamic bench hooker

What annoys me most about the performance is that the Broncos somehow found a way to get worse.

They hadn't played well for 70 odd minutes and it was only the quality of their opposition that was keeping them in it. Then with the last play they produced one of the worst defensive efforts in club history to lose it.

It's embarrassing and I feel for anyone who paid hundreds and gave up their time and energy to watch that. I couldn't imagine what the bus ride/train home was like.
Shithouse

Carrigan was probably told he only has x amount of minutes and to rip the **** in. Anyone who thinks he's gonna make 5 tackles or 3 hitups a set for 80 mins has rocks in their head. Except Wolfie, he's in love so his fangirling is excused.

Country football stuff’: Legends’ fix for ‘confused’ Broncos halves

Laurie Daley slams the Broncos.

Four minutes on the clock and the game tied at 16-all on Thursday night, the Broncos were setting up to kick a field goal, but spectacularly fumbled the set of six — allowing the Wests Tigers to snatch victory in the dying minutes. Although Broncos coach Anthony Seibold said he was pleased with the effort and energy of his team, Daley said that’s the least he should expect from an NRL team. “You should be, that’s the basic principle that you want your players to show every week, you turn up with energy and you turn up with effort,” Daley continued.

“What they did show is they have a lack of understanding in the system they have in place. Either they don’t fully believe in it or they’re not committed. “There’s some big decisions to be made at the Brisbane Broncos. I don’t think their halves understand the game well enough to play with structure. There’s a complete lack of understanding of what they’re trying to do and what they believe.

Calls to make changes to the Broncos’ spine are growing louder and will continue after Thursday night’s loss.With the game on the line, Daley said there was simply no direction from their leaders, and rookie Sean O’Sullivan could be the spark they need to turn things around. O’Sullivan, 20, has played just one NRL game for the Roosters in 2018, a victory over the Titans. “Sean O’Sullivan, I haven’t seen a lot of him to see if he’s the solution, but you give him a shot and if not, you go to market,” Daley said.

Daley also supports moving Darius Boyd to five-eighth, but suggests Kodi Nikorima should be moved to the bench to give some punch out of dummy half. “That wouldn’t worry me at all. Darius has slowed down, he doesn’t have the same engine, but he’s a guy that could guide them around and defensively he would be solid in the line, and Milford at the back,” he said.

The Anthony Milford experiment, I don't know if you’d call it an experiment anymore because he’s been there for four long seasons... it just doesn’t work. It certainly doesn’t work with Kodi Nikorima as his halfback,” he said.

Former Broncos legend Gorden Tallis said Milford should be given ‘the opportunity to fail’ at fullback. “I think, when the Broncos signed him, if you look at his body shape and how he was playing at the Canberra Raiders, he was absolutely brilliant. “He’s a natural ball-runner and they’ve got him in a passing role. It’s as simple as that. They have him in an organising role and I think he’s better in a running role.”

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...s/news-story/1aad511a7eb1a1419bb6da31298165b1

Last edited:
So, all these former great players, as well as other coaches and commentators can clearly see what our knuckledragging dunderhead of a coach is too blind or stupid to see. Fucking unbelievable.

Last edited:

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Maroon4life
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.