Round 5 Discussion

Is Richards eligible for NSW?

If so, surely they would have to pick him. He is one of the best wingers they have available.

Plus, with Hayne gone they could use another player that can come up with the big plays when they are needed.

Last edited:
Penrith look so much like ummmmmm, well, us when Wallace was at the Broncos. Lots of solid sets until he gets inside 20 then no creativity, vision or precision

Last edited:
Penrith are missing Soward.

Penrith look so much like ummmmmm, well, us when he was at the Broncos. Lots of solid sets until he gets inside 20 then no creativity, vision or precision

What ?

Sorry, Wallace

Oh right. He's still just as strong defensively and seems to have become more of a leader but your right, still doesn't have that finishing touch.

Cowboys fans on facebook telling Panthers fans to stop complaining about the refs..

Lol that made me laugh. Priceless.

Penrith look so much like ummmmmm, well, us when Wallace was at the Broncos. Lots of solid sets until he gets inside 20 then no creativity, vision or precision

Yes.......Panthers are now doomed (as we were) to never win a premiership while he wears the 7.

Caught a replay of Sydney/Cronulla from Sunday and it was about what I expected it to be.

Cronulla kept it simple and played like the top 8 team I envisioned before the season started. Nothing fancy, just a couple of strong rucks, an odd switch in play and kicks that were designed to keep the opposition pinned in their 20m zone. Sydney weren't ready for that style of game, it took them too long to get a sniff and when they got back into it they made a critical mistake off the kick-off. It was that sort of afternoon for the Chooks and the Sharks did really well to capitilise.

Bird and Holmes were the obvious stand-outs but I thought the likes of Robson and Lewis really played their parts.

Meanwhile, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck continues to go from to strength to strength and his name definitely deserves to be mentioned alongside any other fullback in the competition. He's still a little green in certain departments but it wouldn't surprise me to end the season as the Dally M Fullback.

Can't say I'm looking forward to playing the Chooks on Friday. I don't think Cronulla really exposed anything other than they out-enthused the Chooks on the day. I think if you play their style of football, you'll go a long way to winning a lot of games but I don't know if it really suits the strengths of our side nor do I think we have the consistency of Robson as far as kicking is concerned. He isn't the most talented player Jeff, but his ability to create pressure with his kicking game has definitely been a vital aspect to the Sharks play the past couple of years.

On a final note, I was impressed with the short stint from Willie Manu. The 9 commentary team declared he was the oldest player in the competition and I don't doubt them but he made a couple of really strong carries that really threatened to change the game.

However if there was a turning point, I'd say Jack Bird's play to get the ball out from the in-goal in the final 2 minutes of the first half was it. The Roosters were threatening and by rights should have contained Jack, but Bird put everything into making it out and within moments Valentine was off down field, inadvertently taking Guerra out of the game.

Jesus christ, Elijah Taylor had 77 tackles last night.

Pretty sure the last record was Fensom with 75 but was with extra time.

Some interesting calls last night.

I didn't really have a problem with the Moylan no try call. He was held up and you could argue there was sufficient evidence to overturn the decision.

But I thought the video ref got it wrong denying Mansour a try. It looked like he had his hands on the ball and it was very similar to the Tedesco grounding in the game earlier in the day.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • Rambstien
  • Jazza
  • Brocko
  • MrMoore
  • Brotherdu
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • dasherhalo
  • leon.bott
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.