PRE-GAME Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Not the side I'd have picked although similar. Definitely would have Kennedy and Flegler on the bench. Crofts a better defender than Asiata but either or would be fine. Bull or Te'o is fine too.

Dearden was pretty darn poor last game so we need a big improvement there. **** Milford, should not be near the team. I suppose the rest pick themselves. Rather have Croft and Isaako at 5/8, would be better defensively (easily better) both can kick. Never know, Isaako might enjoy it and it certainly could not produce less points!
Stop with this Isaako at 5/8 shit... why on earth are you talking shit about Dearden and Milford and your fix is Croft and Isaako for crying out loud

To be fair to Kennar he was one of the better ones last year in a very poor team, he actaully surprised and impressed me. He provided some good strong hitups getting us out of our own 20 as well.

That, however was on the wing at the lowest point the club had ever been.

He got absolutely towled up in the trial against the cows as a centre and showed zero ability to read opposition attack and poor lateral movement. It was a performance that in my eyes would black list him from playing the position again.

I absolutley hope he holds his own and performs well but if he gets burnt it won't be a good sign for kevie given the writing was on the wall in the trial.

Makes me bloody nervous.

I think Kennar is getting unfairly bagged here. I recall last year he was by far one of the few who was safe under the high ball and actually made yards coming out of our own end. And that was while the likes of Oates and Boyd were derping it up big time. He's no superstar and I don't think he ever will be but he does what it says on the tin, he's a safe depth replacement and no more.
He's a very solid winger. Centre no no no...

Kevvie is a genius! Took me a while but I've realised what he's doing here!

With kennar at centre on 1 edge and niu at centre on the other the rabbitohs won't know where to attack! The gluttony of options will disorientate them and throw them off their game "too many options for points! Can we attack both at the same time?!"

Genius!

Kevvie is a genius! Took me a while but I've realised what he's doing here!

With kennar at centre on 1 edge and niu at centre on the other the rabbitohs won't know where to attack! The gluttony of options will disorientate them and throw them off their game "too many options for points! Can we attack both at the same time?!"

Genius!

That's why the NRL will announce multi-ball on Thursday morning.

Hopefully poor Croft cops it again this week and is demoted come game day. Paix on the bench to relieve Turps.

I’m glad to see Oates isn’t getting a run. He needs to have a clear message not to take his player option for next year.

I’m glad to see Oates isn’t getting a run. He needs to have a clear message not to take his player option for next year.
He has an option for next year? I thought that was just for this year?

Aren't they in a bubble situation? That might be why Oates and Copley (if he's not injured as per usual) aren't in the frame. I know the Titans are back on the GC but Kevvie might limited by the squad he had travel to Sydney last week prior to the Storm game.

It’s amazing the only head that has rolled in the last 3 years is Corey Oates. And he was far from our worst. Just crazy.
That’s not true at all. I think a lot of people forget last year we had a crazy injury toll, but people still wanted players dropped but we literally had no one to come in. Oates is behind the pecking order because he can’t catch anymore. And a winger needs to be able to catch. And as for second row he’s not even playing their in the Queensland cup. What a fall from grace Corey Oates has had.

Hopefully poor Croft cops it again this week and is demoted come game day. Paix on the bench to relieve Turps.

Poor Croft was lucky to be missing in the 40 point shellacking. He will be watching on as the Rabbits put 50 on the current blokes. The way this is looking, he might do a bradbury and see out the year as the starting half while one of the starters will be shattered confidence wise and shunted to ISC for good.

That’s not true at all. I think a lot of people forget last year we had a crazy injury toll, but people still wanted players dropped but we literally had no one to come in. Oates is behind the pecking order because he can’t catch anymore. And a winger needs to be able to catch. And as for second row he’s not even playing their in the Queensland cup. What a fall from grace Corey Oates has had.
He shot himself in the foot, constantly asking to play second row. If he never removed himself from the wing, he'd probably be there, because we've pick'n'stuck.

He opened up the position and it's been filled by young up n comers and a seasoned winger who is playing well.

I think Kennar is getting unfairly bagged here. I recall last year he was by far one of the few who was safe under the high ball and actually made yards coming out of our own end. And that was while the likes of Oates and Boyd were derping it up big time. He's no superstar and I don't think he ever will be but he does what it says on the tin, he's a safe depth replacement and no more.
I agree he is solid enough on the wing his last outing in the centres in the trails this year was an absolute debacle had no idea at all defensively really hope its a kevvy smokescreen ...latrell will give him a bath ...please god nooooo

Why does isaako get a promotion to a key position?
Default!

So far he's shown, at least to my satisfaction reliable ball handling. Forget the notion of promotion/reward for a moment.
The halves trials has not worked or at least an answer. Croft can play a limited role with very solid defence. Better than Deardens. Isaako gets to do as he sees fit with an instruction to be in position on the fifth ( expectation is he does this over 90% of the time, thereabouts)

Hoisting a bomb is no trouble to a kicker and that's all Milfords been delivering lately so Isaako can get that done with better tackling. Net end result is a limited but defensively better balance. Not quite so porous. I mean Isaako could easily be trained to run a few very basic plays.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • Johnny92
  • levikaden
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • Aldo
  • Adammacca
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.