PRE-GAME Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

He had a shocker last night close to the worst

if dropping a player after one poor performance (against the premiers, no less) after 3 weeks of excellent performances is all it takes to get dropped then Kevvie will lose the dressing room quicker than it took me to write this post, and you watch the regular 2020 style floggings return in a heart beat.

not to mention that we'd need to find something like 16 new players for next week. not an easy task

Expecting this team with Carrigan out:

1. Isaako
2. Mead
3. Farnsworth
4. Niu
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Deardon
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Rikki
13. Pangai Jnr

14. Asiata
15. Flegler
16. Te’o
17. Kennedy/Croft
I’m hoping
8. Lodge
10. Haas
11. Pangai Jnr
12. Riki
13. Asiata
14. Kennedy
15. Foegler
16. Te’o
17. Croft/Bullemor

if dropping a player after one poor performance (against the premiers, no less) after 3 weeks of excellent performances is all it takes to get dropped then Kevvie will lose the dressing room quicker than it took me to write this post, and you watch the regular 2020 style floggings return in a heart beat.

not to mention that we'd need to find something like 16 new players for next week. not an easy task
I don’t think he should be dropped either I completely agree with you he played superb up until last night I just think that if he plays like that again next week theirs a good chance he’ll get dropped

It went dead because it was a shit kick.
Actually, a 7 tackle set is absolutely nothing much these days when teams regularly defend against 7, 8, 9, 10 tackle sets with six agains. A kick dead is very useful. Set defensive line and a break to slow things down. We should use the tactic a hell of a lot more. Kick for 'in goal', if it goes dead, no big deal.

I nearly gave up watching the game last night when Flegler gets penalised for making a legitimate tackle.
Me too. I said if Munster doesn't get penalised for interfering with the tackler, I'm done with this sport. Not only did Munster not get penalised, but we did!

I'm curious to know as well why when JAC knocked the ball on over the tryline, it was a 10m play the ball to us rather than a 20m 7-tackle set restart? I didn't have the sound on though so maybe I missed something.

Oates to play if only to avenge his dropped ball (and elbow to the head!)

For sure if we applied Mead's criteria to Milf he would have been dropped a few seasons ago never to return.

The recent 'try burst' periods we've suffered recently could be managed better with a tightly controlled use of time. Slowing play right down after a scoring play against us might be boring but there's a plus side.

Teams like Melbourne,Penrith, Souths are rhythmic and come in waves. We need to disrupt their rhythm. We don't have the team to beat them at their pace, we need to use another tactic.

I watched the first half, it went the way we all expected and I just didn't feel anything. The Broncos are the NRL to me, I'm not going to support some other team ever. Of course I'll stick around, love the forum but don't love the club or much about it these days other than a few likeable blokes like Kevvie, Herbs, Coatesy and Riki. One of those will likely move on soon and the others are all a year or two from being broken, just need to spend time with my beloved Lions me thinks.
We won’t improve until there is a shake up in the halves. Milford took the wrong 5th tackle option half the time or just kicked it as hard s he could with no tactic behind it what so ever.

But dropping him isn’t that easy either because he got caught with the ball several times on the 4th tackle leaving Dearden make the clearing kick from our half and the results weren’t pretty. Dearden is a fine player for his age but he has a baby boot.

Croft is a very average player who would be serviceable next to a firing dominate half but for the reasons above he does not have that luxury.

Kev needs to figure it out, and if he picks a half on the bench again I’ll be officially off him
Well I watched them train two weeks before the 1 st game and this is what I noticed then.
inside centre gives ground in defence like he is playing touch .Nobody has trust in current 5/8 thus they are constantly out of pos in defence .You can’t give ground in your own 20 .

Tom is the only player who talks and numbers up.

Current fix is defence .........................attack will come.
Oates or Coates to inside centre the little guy to wing you can only cover for one poor defender. You would be better of with farnsworth? At 5/8.

Mead has been one of our best of the opening month of the comp ... no way he should be dropped
Sorry mate , but watching Mead just looking at that high kick last night and not even contesting it says all I need to know about his commitment. It bounced and I'm pretty sure they regathered and then scored . Kevie needs to get ruthless on these blokes.

Well I watched them train two weeks before the 1 st game and this is what I noticed then.
inside centre gives ground in defence like he is playing touch .Nobody has trust in current 5/8 thus they are constantly out of pos in defence .You can’t give ground in your own 20 .

Tom is the only player who talks and numbers up.

Current fix is defence .........................attack will come.
Oates or Coates to inside centre the little guy to wing you can only cover for one poor defender. You would be better of with farnsworth? At 5/8.
I saw this a lot in the part of the game I watched.

Tommy is a gun defender for a half as it is, but every time they went to left to KBrom and co, he was pointing out who he has and always took his man.

I don't get it with Dearden. He looks like he has all the talent in the world but is so timid. I really hoped last night that after he got that truly excellent pass away to Coates, he would fire up and be in everything. I was hoping he was up and about but nope, immediately went back into his shell.

With Carrigan suspended, this would be my 17 for the Bunnies game -

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Niu
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn (c)
12. Riki
13. Pangai Jr

14. Paix
15. Asiata
16. Flegler
17. Kennedy

I don't get it with Dearden. He looks like he has all the talent in the world but is so timid. I really hoped last night that after he got that truly excellent pass away to Coates, he would fire up and be in everything. I was hoping he was up and about but nope, immediately went back into his shell.
The forwards failed to lay a platform to work from, into the game we got dominated at the ruck on both sides of the ball and were unable to put pressure on with good territory.
Haas was our only forward to make over 100m.
Plus the Storm looked offside a lot?

The forwards failed to lay a platform to work from, into the game we got dominated at the ruck on both sides of the ball and were unable to put pressure on with good territory.
Haas was our only forward to make over 100m.
Plus the Storm looked offside a lot?

Sure but even before that he wasn't kicking with any purpose, was passing into the backs of players, etc. These players should always be aware but still, just seemed weird.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Nerd
  • marw
  • Yem
  • Financeguy
  • thenry
  • heartly87
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Astro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrRobot
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Porthoz
  • Old Mate
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
... and 53 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.