Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

Anyone care to summarize Kevvie's presser?
He is taking important knowledge out of this game. I believe him, because he said the word knowledge about ten times...

He isn’t worried about signings, or who will be in the team next year, he is worried about next week. Isn’t a fan of shuffling players, despite having shuffled our halves and front rowers all season, apart from Milford... Speaking of Milford, he was very happy with Milford. That was his best game this year, according to Kevvie...

He clearly needs help. He looks extremely clueless so far. No idea how to turn things around, or even incrementally improve by the looks of things.

Can I just ask - if nobody thinks Milf can run the game and should just run or whatever, why isn't Wunderkind Dearden taking the 5th tackle option?

I understand the disparity in wage, but we were told it was Croft's team to organise, and now Dearden, yet Milf has to do all the 5th tackle options and gets lambasted for fucking the thing up that people dont want him to be doing. I just dont get it.
Maybe Dearden should be taking more of the kicking on. You would need to talk to Kevvie about that but you have to admit Milford's last tackle options are just poor. Also it's not a wage disparity but an experience one as with the amount of games Milford has played he should be all over the last tackle option but unfortunately he's not. I don't know who we replace Milford with but at this stage Milford is so out of form it's affecting the whole team.

The 2020/2021 Warriors say hello
7 losses out of 10 away games in 2020... they were based on the central coast for the year, but I am specifically talking about the bubble restrictions placed on away teams.

They had to travel to Shitney or Qld on game day each week and their only away wins came against tigers, manly and dogs

Maybe Dearden should be taking more of the kicking on. You would need to talk to Kevvie about that but you have to admit Milford's last tackle options are just poor. Also it's not a wage disparity but an experience one as with the amount of games Milford has played he should be all over the last tackle option but unfortunately he's not. I don't know who we replace Milford with but at this stage Milford is so out of form it's affecting the whole team.
Milf has been terrible but is that the cause of the team being trash or a result of the team being trash?

Xavier Coates - 12 runs for 68 metres. That is 5.6 metres per run.

Every single time he takes a run out of our own end he gets driven back and completely kills our momentum. I don't particularly care how fast he is or how tall he is, he fucking sucks to be honest.
Don't worry he will be gone at years end. Where were the forwards to take the hard carries out of defence and exactly how many passes did the wingers get at the end of a backline play.

Xavier Coates - 12 runs for 68 metres. That is 5.6 metres per run.

Every single time he takes a run out of our own end he gets driven back and completely kills our momentum. I don't particularly care how fast he is or how tall he is, he fucking sucks to be honest.
SOS Daniel Vidot.

I swear it was stated that Croft would run the team. I could be wrong on that though.

anyway I don’t want to sound like I’m making excuses for milf, but he’s expected to do everything and hears externally that he needs to a) run the ball more and b) take control of the side. I think he’s confused at what to do and it’s just making him play like pus.

The amount of shit he’s getting in the media is fucking shameful the **** will probably have a nervous breakdown
Rugby league is not rocket science. The game has moved on from what Milf can provide. Hes not forward thinking any of the game, hes unable to manipulate any opposition anymore. When he does get the ball he forces options that dont exist or he hasnt set the team up for. If hes not capable of being 6/7, then adios amigo. He wont cut it as a fullback and is pointless on the bench. What he was good at 5 years ago, was a far different game to now. He cant follow plays or momentum, its a tragic train wreck but literally the game has passed him by and he has not evolved.

I wouldn't get why anyone is surprised we're 1-4. We discussed this stuff ad nauseum all off season, especially after our dogshit draw was unveiled. It doesn't matter if the coach is Kevin Walters, Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy; when you're dealing with a roster that is almost universally as trash as this, it doesn't matter who the coach is, you're going to lose footy games. There are legit....4 players out of the current 17 that I would be fighting to keep: Haas and TPJ in the forwards and Farnworth and Staggs in each of the centre positions. 4 out of 17. The rest can find the nearest canoe and paddle as far out to sea as they dare go as far as I'm concerned. Even blind freddy can see where this clubs main problem is, and it is frankly staggering that the people responsible for it are still on our payroll, and I wonder if I haven't clued in to this doom and gloom that @Smokin' Joe has been eluding to.

Even when some of these dud contracts are finally off our books, the likes of Peter Nolan are going to be the ones responsible for filling those positions again, and I wouldn't trust the nuff nuffs currently running our recruitment and retention with a lemonade stand. The front office needs a cleanout before we even start thinking about the top 17, and there are some certified shit kickers within that front office that seem to have some powerful friends in high places no matter how much damage they do.

Our defence tonight was doing exactly what we did last year, bunch up on one side and not slide to even it out after a tackle/play the ball, our edges had no hope in hell half the time of defending that nonsense.

What the **** has become of this team seriously.

Can I just ask - if nobody thinks Milf can run the game and should just run or whatever, why isn't Wunderkind Dearden taking the 5th tackle option?

I understand the disparity in wage, but we were told it was Croft's team to organise, and now Dearden, yet Milf has to do all the 5th tackle options and gets lambasted for fucking the thing up that people dont want him to be doing. I just dont get it.
It doesn't take a genius to figure out Milford has been told to be the primary kicker, not like Dearden is in control of where the dummy half passes to. He is out strongest kicker, but **** man the guy is dumber then Barney Gumble, decision making skills obviously not high on the agenda in that head of his.

Our defence tonight was doing exactly what we did last year, bunch up on one side and not slide to even it out after a tackle/play the ball, our edges had no hope in hell half the time of defending that nonsense.

What the **** has become of this team seriously.
Thats a fullback and captaincy issue. Both should be the most vocal leaders in defence. One in the line pushing and shuffling the tired guys around and orders from the back being barked based on the opposition and being able to read their play and potential problems.

You can’t win shit without a superstar fb in the modern game. panthers are a bit different as they have so much class across the park. We need a fb so bad. I don’t like isaako but this isn’t a dig at him, he should be on the wing.

also we don’t need our hooker kicking to the corner on the 2nd tackle on a 7 tackle set. I’m pretty sure that was the dumbest play I’ve ever seen.

my god our defence is bad it almost looks worse, we have to clean house.

I’m interested in seeing his Milf and Staggs go as halves later in the season. I’m not against keeping Milf as long as it is no more than 300k.

I really felt for Milf tonight, he was getting horrible service from Turps, absolutely putrid and just had no time to do anything. When you are already struggling and making your own mistakes, that kind of service just compounds the issue. I’m really thinking B.Smith might be needed even though I don’t really want him. Turpin is just showing again and again his inconsistency. There’s no point being a tackle bot if it leaves you with nothing to give for the attacking part of your role. I don’t know what the answers are for this season at 9.

I’m interested in seeing his Milf and Staggs go as halves later in the season. I’m not against keeping Milf as long as it is no more than 300k.

I really felt for Milf tonight, he was getting horrible service from Turps, absolutely putrid and just had no time to do anything. When you are already struggling and making your own mistakes, that kind of service just compounds the issue. I’m really thinking B.Smith might be needed even though I don’t really want him. Turpin is just showing again and again his inconsistency. There’s no point being a tackle bot if it leaves you with nothing to give for the attacking part of your role. I don’t know what the answers are for this season at 9.

Where the hell is Paix?

Turpin isn't being helped by Kevvie's stupid as **** Half rotation policy, instead of wasting an interchange on Croft at the 70min mark you could of put Paix in at the 55-60 min mark and it might actually contributed to something.

Turpin isn't an 80 min player he looked stuffed.

I came home put the game on and once South's got into the 20s I turned it off and am going to bed. I think blame should not be put on Kev but his presser was not the best, if he really thinks Milf is doing good he needs a brain scan as he may have undiagnosed CTE.

Our spine is clueless, I think Dearden should not have been put into it. He instantly has fallen prey to the succubus Milf. You need a complete overhaul there because Milfs form is that bad he is literally focusing on himself, his form is contagious because he shows it all. He is not having fun.

It needs to be somebody else completely. But I think the same pressure that held Boyd in the team is holding Milf there.

I am really hoping when the new CEO comes in, that there are changes and things start happening. If Reynolds is on the market and we are not in the frame I will be so outraged i may stop watching, until this side has some real change.
It's unwatchable and I am not going to sugar coat it. This club should be humming along but at the moment it reads of crap, not one person should be going into work on Monday proud of what they have done in recent times.
A single focus should not be hard to find, make it simple, if a team wins it's the hardest win they will have. Turn our defence into the focus, build unity by belting people and turning our line into a brick wall. Anyone not showing up for his team mate can sit out.

We just suck.

Same rhetoric we got from AS we’re now receiving from KW. Just like Seibold the players he went all in on will be the ones who carry his coffin on the way out.
Either get ruthless or get sacked Kev.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • Rah88
  • Jazza
  • LittleDavey
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.