PRE-GAME Round 5 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought teo needed to lose 4kgs?

I thought teo needed to lose 4kgs?
He'll be scheduled to play like 20mins in the second row and then next week Glenn and TPJ will be back... it's a stop gap

So, looks like:

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. DNS/DNF
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Croft (c)
8. Lodge
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Bullemor
12. Oates
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Dearden/Niu
15. Joffa
16. Flegler
17. Teo

Harsh if Niu is punted, I thought he looked pretty good in a woeful team last start.
Would absolutely love that team with niu in place of Boyd and dearden swapping with Milford...

So, looks like:

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. DNS/DNF
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Croft (c)
8. Lodge
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Bullemor
12. Oates
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Dearden/Niu
15. Joffa
16. Flegler
17. Teo

Harsh if Niu is punted, I thought he looked pretty good in a woeful team last start.
It's already been reported Offa will play in the Second Row and that Hopoate is coming off the Bench. So I'd expect:

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Croft (c)
8. Lodge
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Ofahengaue
12. Oates
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Dearden/Niu
15. Flegler
16. Hopoate
17. Te'o

The team will play like strangers but good on Siebs for trying something, anything until the cavalry arrives...just might as well play no number 4, you'd get better service than if the guy in it plays.

The team will play like strangers but good on Siebs for trying something, anything until the cavalry arrives...just might as well play no number 4, you'd get better service than if the guy in it plays.
4 is not only the number on his back, but also the number of meaningful, respectable games he has played in the last 3 years.

It's already been reported Offa will play in the Second Row and that Hopoate is coming off the Bench. So I'd expect:

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Croft (c)
8. Lodge
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Ofahengaue
12. Oates
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Dearden/Niu
15. Flegler
16. Hopoate
17. Te'o

That second row looks suspect in defence.
I think manly will be sending plenty of traffic at them if that’s who siebold plays there.

1 isaako
2 Farnsworth
3 staggs
4 boyd
5 Coates
6 milf
7 dearden
8 lodge
9 Croft
10 haas
11 bullemor
12 Oates
13 carrigan

14 paix
15 flegler
16 offa
17 teo

I still feel for Niu if he has been punted. He tried really hard and looked good and after the horror of last week, give him another shot. His debut was a nightmare, give him a chance to get over that as quick as possible. If he is out, this is not good coaching, sorry.

Everything put aside, do we all beleive that we will come out with better defence/line speed, ball control, attitude to win etc. Or give a performace similar to last weeks?

I think there will be a bit of a bounce back factor and we will start the game with a bit more hunger and be at least more competitive than last week. This game will be closer than many think.

Manly 44 - Broncos 6

Had an honesty session Friday.
Glenn says the team doesn’t communicate - they’re afraid of offending each other.
If they see someone pull up short at training, they won’t say anything.
Glenn will be back with TPJ for the Knights.

Seibold quietly taking notes for his next post match presser

Reporters: “Seibs another big disappointing loss. Can you explain that one? It’s starting to become a regular occurence ”

Seibs: “Yeah look it’s disappointing but you have to remember not only is our side young and Manly have more experience in key positions, but our side is too nice too each other”

Seibold quietly taking notes for his next post match presser

Reporters: “Seibs another big disappointing loss. Can you explain that one? It’s starting to become a regular occurence ”

Seibs: “Yeah look it’s disappointing but you have to remember not only is our side young and Manly have more experience in key positions, but our side is too nice too each other”
Don't forget he will be doing research finding an unexperienced manly side that got thumped as well.

Last edited:
I think there will be a bit of a bounce back factor and we will start the game with a bit more hunger and be at least more competitive than last week. This game will be closer than many think.

Manly 44 - Broncos 6

It’s imperative the broncos score first. If manly get to a 10-0 head start early it’s gonna be a long night. The boys are fragile right now and I their heads are dropping pretty easily.

1 isaako
2 Farnsworth
3 staggs
4 boyd
5 Coates
6 milf
7 dearden
8 lodge
9 Croft
10 haas
11 bullemor
12 Oates
13 carrigan

14 paix
15 flegler
16 offa
17 teo

We brought Croft here to be a halfback. Let him keep learning the position.

I still feel for Niu if he has been punted. He tried really hard and looked good and after the horror of last week, give him another shot. His debut was a nightmare, give him a chance to get over that as quick as possible. If he is out, this is not good coaching, sorry.
I dont think it was the right time to bring him in anyway... Dearden should've been on the bench as cover for Paix in the first place. Oates into the second row last week and acting as outside back coverage.

We didn't have enough stability in the team to try something tricky at dummy half... players need to know their roles rather than not knowing multiple roles within a game.

Whatever we were planning last week had to be sustainable for the next 4 weeks until Turps came back and I don't think you can rely on outside backs swapping around and covering dummy half. Dearden looks solid enough to make tackles in the middle and smart enough to work out DH (he reminds me of a Ben Hunt lite)

You can already see that the media will be claiming that after getting flogged 59-0 the only change was dropping a first gamer and bringing in a guy that hasn't played for 6 years.... as if we had a million choices available and didn't have at least 5 starting 13 players on the sideline

Hopefully in a few years time when he's killing it for us regularly it'll be a quirky little factoid that his debut was in the club's worst ever loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • Skathen
  • ivanhungryjak
  • NSW stables
  • RodF
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • phoenix
  • Purple Pills
  • bb_gun
  • Astro
  • Broncosgirl
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Financeguy
  • broncoscope
  • Dexter
  • BroncosMan
  • Wild Horse
  • theshed
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.