vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he even care enough to go either way? Genuine question. Haven't seen much passion in his game for a long time. Is he just content to cash his paycheck each week?

I honestly hope not, but I'm far from convinced at this stage.

Why wouldn't he have that attitude, he sees it everyday from Darius.

Had an honesty session Friday.
Glenn says the team doesn’t communicate - they’re afraid of offending each other.
If they see someone pull up short at training, they won’t say anything.
Glenn will be back with TPJ for the Knights.

Watching the eels lately has made me really regret missing out on Moses. He seems like a dickhead but he had a good Arsenal and he is not shy at barking orders. The little prick never stops screaming and swearing at his players. It’s exactly what our team needs. A strong personality who isn’t scared to spray his teammates. It’s what we’ve missed since Hodgo and Parker retired and Moose got moved on.

I think TPJ has it a bit, but we need a prick like Moses.

Had an honesty session Friday.
Glenn says the team doesn’t communicate - they’re afraid of offending each other.
If they see someone pull up short at training, they won’t say anything.
Glenn will be back with TPJ for the Knights.

100%

There are no old heads setting the standard. Short cuts and easy options are translating onto the field on game day. Broncos used to be all about training as you would play. Run hard and tackle hard, even on the training field. That was Wayne’s way.
Picture Webcke whacking Parker every time he got the ball, and Parker trying to do the same. Some good stories of Carroll putting Costigan in his place as well! Lessons learnt. Earn your spot, earn respect and earn the right to wear the jersey.

Now we don’t have that. No hard lessons being taught on the training ground, only on game day. No leaders, no lessons....

Glenn was deadset gone to the Titans until that went pear shaped for whatever reason. We low balled him initially which drove him to the Titans, and then he came back with no other deal on the table, and was handed the captaincy basically as last man standing. That’s a head scratcher. Lodge was the man, but the club wilted under public pressure.

Lexie is a great club man, and well liked. Problem is, he likes being liked. Leaders don’t need to be liked, they lead by example even if it rubs a few the wrong way. Leaders need to have the tough conversation and risk having a few noses out of joint.

We haven’t had a true leader in this regard for a long long time. Lockyer was the last.

I expect nothing less than Milford benched and Boyd dropped out of the team. If Darius doesn't want to tackle, then he can not want to tackle at home on his couch. If he gets all depressed about it, I'm sure his wife will be there to pat his head.

Watching the eels lately has made me really regret missing out on Moses. He seems like a dickhead but he had a good Arsenal and he is not shy at barking orders. The little prick never stops screaming and swearing at his players. It’s exactly what our team needs. A strong personality who isn’t scared to spray his teammates. It’s what we’ve missed since Hodgo and Parker retired and Moose got moved on.

We have a prick not unlike Moses: Matt Lodge.

Any chance we could give lodge a few rums before the game so shit gets real

Last edited:

I agree regarding Moses being vocal, they also have Gutherson and one or two other players who are very good at pulling their team together, geeing them up and so forth.

We currently don't see a lot of that amongst our lads.

I agree regarding Moses being vocal, they also have Gutherson and one or two other players who are very good at pulling their team together, geeing them up and so forth.

We currently don't see a lot of that amongst our lads.

yeah Brad Arthur has done an amazing job turning the culture of that club around. I don’t think there’s a single team that looks like they enjoy playing with each other than the eels. There are better drilled teams but they’ve made a real team culture at that club.

100%

There are no old heads setting the standard. Short cuts and easy options are translating onto the field on game day. Broncos used to be all about training as you would play. Run hard and tackle hard, even on the training field. That was Wayne’s way.
Picture Webcke whacking Parker every time he got the ball, and Parker trying to do the same. Some good stories of Carroll putting Costigan in his place as well! Lessons learnt. Earn your spot, earn respect and earn the right to wear the jersey.

Now we don’t have that. No hard lessons being taught on the training ground, only on game day. No leaders, no lessons....

Glenn was deadset gone to the Titans until that went pear shaped for whatever reason. We low balled him initially which drove him to the Titans, and then he came back with no other deal on the table, and was handed the captaincy basically as last man standing. That’s a head scratcher. Lodge was the man, but the club wilted under public pressure.

Lexie is a great club man, and well liked. Problem is, he likes being liked. Leaders don’t need to be liked, they lead by example even if it rubs a few the wrong way. Leaders need to have the tough conversation and risk having a few noses out of joint.

We haven’t had a true leader in this regard for a long long time. Lockyer was the last.

I thought Seibold was all about simulating training sessions to match real game situations.. sounds like it could be years before the broncos become a force again.

Woeful that we are comparing our club to “what Parra is like”. That club was a rabble for years.

Time to end this alternate reality and get back to where we rule the roost, imo

yeah Brad Arthur has done an amazing job turning the culture of that club around. I don’t think there’s a single team that looks like they enjoy playing with each other than the eels. There are better drilled teams but they’ve made a real team culture at that club.

Yes, he's done well in the what, the 6 years he's been there, cap scandal notwithstanding. Of course in his first 3 years, the Eels finished 10th, 12th and 14th.

There's hope for Seibs yet, even more when gets the full team on the field.

I thought Seibold was all about simulating training sessions to match real game situations.. sounds like it could be years before the broncos become a force again.

Well. you never know, it might start happening in a few weeks when Fifta, TPJ, Glenn, and Staggs are back and we have the real Broncos on the park? Pity about Turps though

Last edited:
I expect nothing less than Milford benched and Boyd dropped out of the team. If Darius doesn't want to tackle, then he can not want to tackle at home on his couch. If he gets all depressed about it, I'm sure his wife will be there to pat his head.

I fear you are going to be disappointed when the team list comes out.

So, looks like:

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. DNS/DNF
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Croft (c)
8. Lodge
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Bullemor
12. Oates
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Dearden/Niu
15. Joffa
16. Flegler
17. Teo

Harsh if Niu is punted, I thought he looked pretty good in a woeful team last start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Ondi
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Midean
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Fatboy
  • Big Del
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • mitch222
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brotherdu
  • Sproj
  • Rowdy124
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.