Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I dont think its his fault we lost and I dont think anyone is blaming him for our loss, what we are unhappy about is as a senior player on the most money in the team, he failed to stem the flow in the 2nd. When the game was on the line, milf didn't deliver. You dont get points for trying, though you do get a million dollars.

So it's up to our Five-Eighth to stop the outside backs and forwards making non-stop errors and continually giving away penalties and repeat sets? Fair enough man..

Wasn't Croft bought for the sole purpose of being the 'game manager'? He's been getting off pretty lightly over the last 3 weeks considering the only thing he's managing to do is make Nikorima look not-so-bad in hindsight.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
What kills me is now because of those two try assists Milford is going to get retained against the Knights and then he gets to play a run of bottom feeding teams (Titans, Warriors, Bulldogs, Tigers) where he can go and be a flat track bully and fill his boots for the year before clocking off again and not being heard from again in 2020.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Our play the balls are so slow. The defence is on us too quickly so the only option is a one out hit up. As soon as Manly went wide, they caused us no end of problems. We just don't do that. I think Staggs was wasted in the 2nd half

I also thought Paix was pretty good for his what, 2nd game? I am also not an Isaako fan. I just don't think he offers any impact from the back. He is slow and lacks footwork.

Ben T'eo? Really? Did I miss something?

Nevertheless, I was impressed with Coates and Herbie and Oates is what we need for our top tier back row

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
So it's up to our Five-Eighth to stop the outside backs and forwards making non-stop errors and continually giving away penalties and repeat sets? Fair enough man..

Wasn't Croft bought for the sole purpose of being the 'game manager'? He's been getting off pretty lightly over the last 3 weeks considering the only thing he's managing to do is make Nikorima look not-so-bad in hindsight.
Croft has been shithouse too, no question. Croft hasnt been with the squad 5 years and is on 7 figures though.

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Carrigans arm got caught on the ball which caused the ball to come loose. Carrigan was unlucky, but he caused the ball to come loose.
That's absolute bullshit. It's a loose carry every day of the week, but worse than that, are the 2 opposite obstruction calls, where a clear tackle decision by DCE was called an obstruction, and a clear interference by a forward was called a tackle decision from Croft. We should've been 24-nil up by halftime, meaning both teams would've gone in and out of the sheds with a completely different mindset.

We fucked the captain's challenge as well. Both the Carrigan strip and the Tommy Turbo shoulder charge would've been much better contenders. The Milford kick actually touched the line too, but I'm not sure it's something that could be challenged...

We struggled in the end with sheer possession against us and sure, some discipline issues too, but that's to be expected from such a young team under the circumstances and what happened the past few weeks.
Lodge and Staggs had bad mistakes that cost us, but the video ref and Klein well and truly were the decisive factor tonight.

I see Milford is the usual scapegoat despite being the better half, having by far the better kicking game, assists for 2 tries and almost stealing the game at the end, were it not for DCE's hand and smart challenge to rest his team.
But yeah, he's on a mill, so he should solve everything, including the Covid crisis...

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017

Sure, Croft has been pretty awful, but surely we can‘t begrudge him three bad games considering we’ve had to cop Milford putting up three bad seasons, on more than twice the money too I might add.

Last edited:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The difference in quality between Milfs kicks and Crofts kick is extremely noticable. Milfs kicking game is criminally underrated.
From a kicking perspective his best effort all 5 rounds so far, its amazing how better a kicker he can be when he doesn't restrict himself to merely putting bombs up and rather actually looking at where the defensive line is and any potential weaknesses and where your attacking players are positions and how the boys are fairing defensively and what your energy tank is. Milford was definitely a shitload better then his past two games.

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
He's an upgrade to Nikorima
Totally. He did some good stuff. His running game was decent too. He looked likely. Not a finished product as a game manager. Only a couple in the whole NRL

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Sad this tall-poppy syndrome, isn’t it..?
I'm a big fan of someone sounding like theyve been belted with a 2x4. Really adds to the charm of the working mans game shtick.

Last edited:
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Yeah of you look at the Melbourne one last week its no try. Except in my view DCE definitely made a decision and Oates did not initiate contact on that basis I think its a try.
It's all to do with the outside shoulder and stopping the slide.
Both should have been ruled no try.
The defender should not be allowed to disrupt the defence in that manner.
It's gotten confusing again because some commentators bitch and moan until the interpretation changes.
They had it right a couple of season ago when the onus was on the block runner to get the **** out the way, then Gus and co started whining.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Gotta give Oates some points for his effort tonight. He was doing very well in the first half.

I worry about the lack of intelligent decisions these guys make at some many vital points during the game! They all add up and swing a game.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jedhead
  • Culhwch
  • mitch222
  • Old Mate
  • RodF
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Tmac
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • The Boss
  • The Strapper
  • Behold
  • johnny plath
  • levikaden
  • BroncosAlways
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.