POST GAME Round 5 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

This. Cherry Evans took control in the second half. He looked more threatening than Milford.
Yep, even when Milford has what is objectively a good game, he still gets totally outplayed by the marquee players in the opposition.

I actually thought Milford stepped up at the death, did the second man play down the right and then forced the six again right at the death to give the Broncos one last shot.

The plan was clearly kick it to Coates and if it doesn't pan out, just keep them in the corner and work towards it. Unfortunately the defence left us down.
He was missing for the first 75 mins though. That is peoples issue with him.

Seibold goes into a game with one strategy and one strategy only? Kick it to coates? An under 10s coach could come up with a more sophisticated game plan.

That doesn’t change the fact that it’s the wrong call
I know, but I don't expect perfection from the refs. I expect they will get close calls like this wrong from time to time. I am sure we will have similar calls go in our favour and no one will bat an eye.

BOYS, DID LODGE JUST DO THE POST MATCH WITHOUT THE COACH ???

I caught the very end. No captains no coach, just Lodge fronting the media alone?? The **** is going on?
Watching a replay, Seibold is there.

Yes I agree and to rub salt into the wound the refs boss will come out in a few days and say clown got it wrong. Just stinks. Only a royal commission would flush out the bias and allow us to see the bank accounts of the men with the whistle. I thought last years grand final performance would be enough.
The Reffing was bad in that they got lots wrong but I dont think there is any bias going on. I think the conspiracy stuff is going too far

Staggs tackles Turbo who plays it to no-one. Staggs dives on it and is penalised. Why can’t he play at it? I assume they will say ‘not square’ but he’s the marker and has a right to play at a loose ball.
Just one of the suspect calls...

I know, but I don't expect perfection from the refs. I expect they will get close calls like this wrong from time to time. I am sure we will have similar calls go in our favour and no one will bat an eye.
We haven’t the last three games.

A couple questionable calls but struggling teams tend to have luck go against them. Manly were anything but so called premiership contenders but experience won it for them in the end, something that Brisbane sadly lack. Some massive steps forward for them tonight, let's hope that continues next week.

That’s not a close call for me, you can clearly see Carrigan with one hand in the air and the ball come up off his forearm, not his hand.

He was missing for the first 75 mins though. That is peoples issue with him.

Seibold goes into a game with one strategy and one strategy only? Kick it to coates? An under 10s coach could come up with a more sophisticated game plan.

I disagree, Milf had some great touches when the Broncos were on top and should have had two TAs to his name. He was running with more purpose and was robbed of a huge 20/40 play.

Staggs tackles Turbo who plays it to no-one. Staggs dives on it and is penalised. Why can’t he play at it? I assume they will say ‘not square’ but he’s the marker and has a right to play at a loose ball.
Just one of the suspect calls...
Even in the live game thread everyone was blaming Staggs for being dumb. Come on...

DCE is the Australian half back and the Qld Captain. He's fucking good fwiw lol

How are people unironically blaming Milford for this loss?

He set up the Coates try with a pinpoint accurate kick (a kick which Croft attempted 6 or 7 times and literally couldn't land it within 5 metres of the try line), his fast hands contributed to the Boyd try. He ran the ball more than Croft, he was trying to create some second phase play with offloads, he tackled well all night, he very nearly busted them open twice in the last 5 minutes, he made no errors and gave away no penalties.

Wtf. He was so much better tonight than Croft it's not even funny.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Dexter
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • jarro65
  • bb_gun
  • Culhwch
  • Howie
  • Shane Tronc
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.