POST GAME Round 5 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

I would like to see an official apology from the NRL for the disgraceful and incorrect reffing decisions which cost up the game. Of course that is a dream, it will never happen. The Carrigan strip was a travesty, what a disgraceful decision. And i'd like to see that possible Turbo shoulder charge again, did look quite iffy.
Yes I agree and to rub salt into the wound the refs boss will come out in a few days and say clown got it wrong. Just stinks. Only a royal commission would flush out the bias and allow us to see the bank accounts of the men with the whistle. I thought last years grand final performance would be enough.

I called no try when it was live - I dont think that's been a try for a long time.
Yeah of you look at the Melbourne one last week its no try. Except in my view DCE definitely made a decision and Oates did not initiate contact on that basis I think its a try.

I have to say, this game really did highlight my biggest issue with Croft.

He needs to do better.

They stayed in the game.

That's all I asked for this week. They could have easily crumbled and allowed Manly to blow them away, but they didn't. If a couple of passes went our way, we win.

It's game like these that can turn a season around.

With Pangai back next week, I'll be more confident. Hopefully they can learn from their second half and improve on that. Time will tell.
Yep im in the same boat, im not even fussed we lost.
A win would be great, but we didn't get flogged off the park and we showed promise.
Frustrated with the reffing more than anything else.

Here we all are trying to convince ourselves that Milford ‘wasn’t bad’ tonight and that he ‘looked good’ the handful of times he ran the ball.

Meanwhile, Manly’s million dollar, marquee players are coming up with the match winning plays in both attack and defence.

The gap in quality between them tonight was light years.
This. Cherry Evans took control in the second half. He looked more threatening than Milford.

Also pretty much bang on, but jeez that call on Boyd's second try was dodgy. Cherry Evans makes a defensive decision to throw his arms into Oates, that was a try every day of the week.

And CherryEvans has form milking penalties like that in the past. He played the refs like a fiddle

It was a wrong call, but it wasn't why we got caned 12-2 in the penalty count. It's also a pretty understandable error to make.
No, a lot of it is on us, but the impact that lopsided count has on the game is vital. Also does that count include the 6 again because we seem to get few and the ones we get are on tackle one. I like the rule but it is so open to rigging.

Last edited:
BOYS, DID LODGE JUST DO THE POST MATCH WITHOUT THE COACH ???

I caught the very end. No captains no coach, just Lodge fronting the media alone?? The **** is going on?

Last edited:
It should be, if the defender isn’t making a play at the ball why would he penalised for a strip?
Because the ref sees the ball come out as a result of the defenders arm being reefed away. It looks pretty similar to a strip, even if there's no intent.

I called no try when it was live - I dont think that's been a try for a long time.
Normally I'd agree but Oates didn't interfere with Cherry Evans for mine, if Cherry Evans didn't throw out his arms to grab Oates there'd have been no problem. Either way I'm a little disappointed in the reffing which seemed a bit one-sided but jeez our bench use left us on the back foot and stupid errors and penalties sealed the deal.

I hope, I truly hope they use this as a reminder that it’s us vs the comp not just the next team not just the refs but the people running this shit! Get that mentality, get angry and use it.

id also like broncos To call these ***** out publicly, just **** it why not it’s bleedingly obvious.

Because the ref sees the ball come out as a result of the defenders arm being reefed away. It looks pretty similar to a strip, even if there's no intent.

That doesn’t change the fact that it’s the wrong call

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Shane Tronc
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Howie
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • heartly87
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.