POST GAME Round 5 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

What about the 40/20 call where the ball clearly bounced on the line?
Play on Manly nothing to see here
Not sure that was inside the 20? Was it?
[automerge]1591877116[/automerge]
Also Flegler pushing Fonua Blake? down when he wasn’t even held
That was bad. Horrible call

Last edited:
Here we all are trying to convince ourselves that Milford ‘wasn’t bad’ tonight and that he ‘looked good’ the handful of times he ran the ball.

Meanwhile, Manly’s million dollar, marquee players are coming up with the match winning plays in both attack and defence.

The gap in quality between them tonight was light years.

Also pretty much bang on, but jeez that call on Boyd's second try was dodgy. Cherry Evans makes a defensive decision to throw his arms into Oates, that was a try every day of the week.

I called no try when it was live - I dont think that's been a try for a long time.

milfs 20- 30 kick hit the line. that was a game changer for us as it would of totally changed the momentum, but it was quickly decided that no one saw it and that is that. but it was on the line.
It was a wrong call, but it wasn't why we got caned 12-2 in the penalty count. It's also a pretty understandable error to make.

They stayed in the game.

That's all I asked for this week. They could have easily crumbled and allowed Manly to blow them away, but they didn't. If a couple of passes went our way, we win.

It's game like these that can turn a season around.

With Pangai back next week, I'll be more confident. Hopefully they can learn from their second half and improve on that. Time will tell.

Effort was there but:
-klein is absolute scum
-we still stand flat and dont run onto the ball
-our plays did not change from one out hit ups and a kick to coates the WHOLE game.
-5 mins left and we are still passing it to forwards for one out hit ups!
-agressive line speed was working early and for some reason we decided to stop this and return to passive defence with no line speed.
- our defensive structure remains broken out wide (we were lucky manly did not direct their attack there more).
-We seemed to have no set plays other than kick it to the tall kid, pass it to the big kid.
-again, our only tries were individual efforts, no set play.
-we either need a new head coach, or we need both a new defensive and attack coach, because we are shit at both.

Nope. Every fucking time we lose there is bitching about the refs. BHQ isn't unique in that regard mind you. Every club has fans that believes there is some grand conspiracy against them.

There was maybe one or two bad calls made in general play and a video ref call that I disagree with, but as far as bad reffing goes this won't be an especially memorable evening.
Slip on Jimmy

Here we all are trying to convince ourselves that Milford ‘wasn’t bad’ tonight and that he ‘looked good’ the handful of times he ran the ball.

Meanwhile, Manly’s million dollar, marquee players are coming up with the match winning plays in both attack and defence.

The gap in quality between them tonight was light years.

Ran the ball and set up two tries.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Kev_Guz
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Strop
  • bert_lifts
  • winslow_wong
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.