POST GAME Round 5 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

Patty carrigans “strip” where they dropped it cold
Carrigans arm got caught on the ball which caused the ball to come loose. Carrigan was unlucky, but he caused the ball to come loose.

That 6 again call is way too easy to manipulate. What is stopping players from just intentionally holding down longer on the 1st or 2nd tackle to give away the restart early? No chance the ref gives away any more than 2 in the one possession.

Exactly this. Manly did it to us when we did a kick return. At this point of the field, on the first tackle, who cares if it’s 6 again. A penalty to stop play and allowing the attacking team to kick for field position is a much fairer punishment.

I guess they felt they owed Manly one for last week. This is what happens when you have Vince McMahon and the WWE running the game. They take a win from you one week, they gift you a week the next, and all the while they hope the fans are so entertained they forget it’s basically being staged for them.

Yeah.

Attachments

• ABC68EBF-E1A3-479A-A60E-D5AC2B4F0992.jpeg
    ABC68EBF-E1A3-479A-A60E-D5AC2B4F0992.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 141
I hope we also get an immediate apology from the refs boss about the incorrect penalty call.

How about we start with the penalty that won them the game and go from there
That's just a bad rule. He called held then half a second later Carrigan had the ball. The rule should allow the ref to give the ball back to Manly without it being a penalty.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm livid with the Boyd no try decision. But then when I see us stuck deep in our half, get off a terrific kick and then have the opposition stuck deep in their half nothing pisses me off more then cheap get out of jail cards given from a simple lack of discipline. We got some tough calls out there tonight sure, but we also gave the ref the opportunity to give Manly easy momentum.
Yes, Discipline is still a problem.

I would like to see an official apology from the NRL for the disgraceful and incorrect reffing decisions which cost up the game. Of course that is a dream, it will never happen. The Carrigan strip was a travesty, what a disgraceful decision. And i'd like to see that possible Turbo shoulder charge again, did look quite iffy.

What about the 40/20 call where the ball clearly bounced on the line?
Play on Manly nothing to see here

Agreed that the refs def wanted manly to win, but **** we are just seriously dumb in ALOT of situations that dearly cost us.
Staggs, Carrigan, Coates and lodge all came up with stupid, stupid plays which all lead to penalties that just screwed us up massively.

For the most part I agree. Carrigan was pretty hard done by but Staggs was so monstrously boneheaded it probably evens out.

If we stop giving away infringements, we wont be penalised. It's not that fucking hard. Our points came off the back of reset sets as well.
Also pretty much bang on, but jeez that call on Boyd's second try was dodgy. Cherry Evans makes a defensive decision to throw his arms into Oates, that was a try every day of the week.

Which is irrelevant, because he was calling held, and 99/100 that gets simply handed back and played again, unless you’re playing Brisbane.
You're referring to a different incident.

There were some punishing calls in that game, from both Ref and touch judges. I thought there were a few times we should have received a penalty in attack. For me though the most glaring decision was the video ref's disallowed try on Boyd and the opposite decision for Manly.
We made some tired mistakes, but really we'd have won that game with a decent refereeing performance. Without a doubt.
There was a late 6 again call that was bad that directly led to a try as well.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • Kev_Guz
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • bert_lifts
  • Stix
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.