POST GAME Round 5 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

Keep your chins up, We didn't lose this game because of any failings on our behalf.
There isn't a team in the comp that could win with the ref riding the opposition home like that.

We played a million times better than the previous 2 games and only lost because of some of the most atrocious reffing you will see.

We had a few brain fades, but overall looking far more solid.

Last edited:
I loathe to blame the refs but I think we got stitched up deluxe tonight by them.

Milf can go, he just adds nothing to the side.

Dont understand our use of the bench, had 5 interchanges left with 15 to go? Does seibold think we get points for unused interchanges?

Oates did alright in 2nd row imo.
Yeah he needs to actually use what he selects. Its Griffin ball bullshit.

Tough loss after a hot start.

We've got a lot of work to do but the switch up in the back line is worth persisting with. Get TPJ and Fifi back on those edges and we'll be on the right track.

Good to see some intent in defence from the opening bell. Gave away a couple of penalties in our overzealousness but I can live with that.

Lack of composure showed in the end, but a classic effort from Klein in the second half played it's part. Had me worried he'd lost his touch.

Can the coach/club ask the officials for some clarification during the week? If they don’t I might just tune out as it probably means they aren’t as serious about winning as I’d like.

Last edited:
Agreed that the refs def wanted manly to win, but **** we are just seriously dumb in ALOT of situations that dearly cost us.
Staggs, Carrigan, Coates and lodge all came up with stupid, stupid plays which all lead to penalties that just screwed us up massively.

Seibold’s bench management was awful. We constantly leave exhausted players out there and it makes us lose all momentum. Paix was clearly exhausted for 10 minutes before he went off. Also Haas is a bit of a stat padder in attack, I’m yet to see him really dominate a game like Fonua-Blake did in the second half.

I actually thought Milford stepped up at the death, did the second man play down the right and then forced the six again right at the death to give the Broncos one last shot.

The plan was clearly kick it to Coates and if it doesn't pan out, just keep them in the corner and work towards it. Unfortunately the defence left us down.

18-0 up and we shit the bed lol not unexpected.

The penalty count was crazy but that last 5 minutes was disgraceful. 1 out hit ups with the game on the line chasing points? Where was Croft and Milford? Lol

We look like we don't train with each other. Our ball movement is clunky and hesitant. The players don't know what plays to run and every forward is usually standing flat footed lol.

Ah what a team lol

Croft has a crack plenty of times taking on the line right through the game.
Milf waited for the last 5 minutes when it was too late. Lazy ****

Last edited:
Croft was terrible, he is a halfback and can't kick bombs or long. Got to go. At least Milford was running the ball and kicking well.

Dodgy decisions against us sure, but we contributed to the penalty calls with some shitty discipline as well, we are our own worst enemy at times.
I would normally agree. But there were some some bad calls that swung momentum way more than any penalties. DCE was sly and got them the win.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • BruiserMk1
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Muros
  • Dash
  • Nerd
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.