/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

What was Thaiday put on report for?

I hope James is put on report for his cheap shot on Milford.

That was far worse than whatever McGuire did to Bird.

The only scenario in which he isn't in the team next week is if Blair returns from injury and Thaiday doesn't get suspended.. I wouldn't hold by breath for them both to happen.
Blair had a cork so I am assuming he will be back but Thaiday could well get a week

What was Thaiday put on report for?

I hope James is put on report for his cheap shot on Milford.

That was far worse than whatever McGuire did to Bird.
He put one of their reserve forwards in Disneyland. Did not miss him and could well get graded 2 or 3. Happened just on half time

That wasn't the tackle on Paasi (#15) was it? Right before the Roberts No Try where Oates held him up?

It didn't look that bad live. Could cop a week but would be surprised to see Grade 2 or 3 for that.

They showed it in slow motion after halftime. Looked worse than initially thought

No footage of Maguires hit so he'll be sweet

No footage of Maguires hit so he'll be sweet

Which is why I'm baffled that he even got penalised. There was no shot that showed anything but the fact Bird got sandwiched between a couple of players. McGuire could have gone high, but the only evidence of that was Bird's fantastic acting, which, consequently, didn't even convince anyone that he needed to be checked for concussion. And, like was said earlier, he wasn't put on report. The Video Ref can only intervene if it's an offence worthy of being put on report.

Looking at the footage.

The Titans first try actually shouldn't have happened..

Ryan James comes through with a swinging arm on Milford and knocks him on his ass. The contact was high. The players protested, but the refs did nothing.

Last edited:
Looking at the footage.

Ryan James comes through with a swinging arm on Milford and knocks him on his ass. The contact was high. The players protested, but the refs did nothing.

Not really sure what thread to put this in and this is a general question for everybody, but.

Do you ever think there will be a time when the refs aren't so completely incompetent? And what has to happen to make them actually do something about them?

Not really sure what thread to put this in and this is a general question for everybody, but.

Do you ever think there will be a time when the refs aren't so completely incompetent? And what has to happen to make them actually do something about them?

Only one day when everything is run by technology. No humans involved. So probably not

Only way to improve it (you will never fix it) is only allowing the referees to check grounding. Everything else is called by the referee on the field. The captain gets one unsuccessful challenge per half and that can be for anything that happens anywhere on the field. This will cause less reviews, give the refs more confidence and will allow for a better spectacle. It will then be the captain's fault if they decide to review the wrong decision.

It will also sort out the referees. If you have a ref that is constantly getting challenged and found to be wrong you won't see him/her in first grade too often. The better referees will be proven correct more often than not.

I also think they need to be held accountable ... banning coaches from talking about them has sent the wrong message to refs IMO

Wallace had three runs all game for the anti-blair crowd. Its good to see players like mcquire and our backrow putting their hands up for hit ups, put macca needs to use both his props more often, he's playing extremely well this season though.

Wallace was only on for 27mins.

Bored, so decided to do a mini-review of each player. Kinda got over it soon after I started though haha.

5. Lachlan Maranta
Solid performance. Looked much more decisive in possession compared to when he's on the wing. Botched a try on the left when he couldn't get the ball away quick enough, but that was a difficult chance. Great run and offload for Milford to score. Had that dropped bomb which he should have taken, but didn't let it get to his head. Handy player to have as a backup fullback.

2. Corey Oates
Very assured performance once again - other than the mistake. Made some valuable metres coming out of our half... I genuinely think he could have a future in the backline you know, maybe as a big strong centre. Anyway, just glad he's in the team at the moment, big things are coming for this lad.

3. Jack Reed
Better than recent weeks, but still not that great. Nice break, but looked like he was running in quicksand, and got a bit lucky with the offload. Did a decent job on Roberts, considering how worried everyone was, and to be fair, Roberts was looking pretty lively out there. Can't help but feel he looks unnatural whenever the ball comes his way in attack, like he's short of a full quid or something. He's really not the same player he was when he originally broke into the side.

4. Dale Copley

Loved seeing this bloke back out on the paddock. He's got tremendous upper body strength and quick feet, so he's always a threat with the ball. Did make a silly error (like everyone else), but he's probably still a bit rusty. Hopefully he can put together a run of games now - ideally when Hodges is back, Copley will remain in the centres and Reed will be dropped.

19. Daniel Vidot

Okay, so he dropped a straightforward pass and they scored, get over it. He still had a decent game in my opinion. Cleaned up well at the back and made some good metres when we needed it. Unlucky not to have a try awarded. I can sort of understand the pass he dropped too - of course he should have taken it, but it was Hunt coming out of dummy half and he delayed the pass and looked like he was going to run it, then changed his mind and threw it. Vidot had already adjusted his hand position. Sure, sure, poor concentration, he should have been expecting it, etc, but it shouldn't define his future (although I get the feeling it will).

6. Anthony Milford
He's starting to look a bit more comfortable in the side, and those two tries should do him the world of good in terms of confidence. Needs to get involved a bit more and assert himself. Unlucky not to get the assist when Vidot crossed on that bullshit forward pass call.

7. Ben Hunt
Quite game, but he had his moments. Put in a couple of well-weighted early kicks that helped shift the game's momentum when we needed it. It's difficult for him when he's doing the majority of kicking in play, it can become predictable. Someone else needs to step up and help out occasionally (Milford and Macca, I'm looking at you).

8. Josh McGuire

Another impressive performance from The Big Show - he's started the season on fire. He may be one of the smaller props in the comp, but more than makes up for it with his enthusiasm and aggression. Never hides. Keep it up, son and there'll be an Origin jersey waiting for you come June.

9. Andrew McCullough

His best game this season. Mixed it up a bit from his usual and it was great to see. That 40/20 was an absolute belter, and it's not the first time we've seen it, so I don't know why he doesn't kick from dummy-half more often. Hopefully the change in style wasn't a one-off.

14. Jarrod Wallace
Wasn't quite as amazing as in previous weeks, but still put in a decent showing for the limited time he was on the field. Got through a fair bit of defensive work in the opening exchanges when we didn't have much possession, so you can forgive him for his lacklustre metres.

11. Alex Glenn
Strong performance from Glenn, he's in some good form at the moment. Really like the way we're using him this season, and if it continues, it won't be too long before he becomes that attacking threat he was a few seasons ago. Certainly deserves a new contract on current form, hopefully he can maintain it.

12. Matt Gillett
Bit of a disaster with the ball in hand (or not, in Gillett's case), but an epic effort in defence, which I'm glad no one seems to have overlooked. He's really improved that aspect of his game this year, so credit where it's due.

13. Corey Parker
Typical Parker performance, really. Stats weren't quite as impressive as they usually are, but still nothing to be scoffed at. I can't remember the last time he put in a poor performance.

Interchange

10. Sam Thaiday
Right decision to drop him back to the bench I felt, helps keep that hunger there. Another decent performance too - got through a lot of work in defence. Also seems to have a much better state of mind these days without the pressure of the captaincy.

15. Mitch Garbutt
A lot of hype around this lad on BHQ, so I was keen to see what he had to offer. Unfortunately didn't get a whole lot of minutes, but looked good in his short stint out there. Was unlucky we didn't really have much of the ball when he was on, so he didn't really get the chance to wind up. Did well in defence for a big fella.

16. Mitchell Dodds
I'm still a bit unsure of Dodds, but he didn't let us down. Made more metres than he usually does, and scored two absolutely stunning tries, too.

17. Kodi Nikorima
Gutted he picked up that injury, as he was looking quite electric. Great dart out of dummy-half and somehow made 11 tackles in his very short time on the pitch.

12. Matt Gillett
Bit of a disaster with the ball in hand (or not, in Gillett's case), but an epic effort in defence, which I'm glad no one seems to have overlooked. He's really improved that aspect of his game this year, so credit where it's due.

He came up with a lot of (3 I think) "Sam Thaiday dumb" penalties. Let's hope WB can iron some of that shit out of his game.

I have to give a special mention to Thaiday, while we're on the subject. That inside ball to Maranta was brilliant from him and it is showing that he is trying to step up and answer the call to arms.

Looking at the footage.

Yeah, I saw that, and I think someone else noticed it too... it was a pretty obvious one that should've gone to the Video ref!

He came up with a lot of (3 I think) "Sam Thaiday dumb" penalties. Let's hope WB can iron some of that shit out of his game.
He made 2 penalties, one was a dumb one indeed, the other was an absolute belter textbook dominant tackle that was rewarded with a bullshit 123 penalty from the idiots in pink.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Organix
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.