Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

So they've played the same since they were six but Kevvie made them do it. Cool.
Turpin played halfback in his juniors, representative and early grade years. Paix is also a recently made hooker. Both are under the tutelage of Kevin Walters. If he wants them to run more he'd be yelling at them to do it.

Jake even played halfback for the Melbourne Storm in the Holden Cup.

MEL-LUteams.png

1. Tremaine Jensen 2. Tony Tumusa 3. Josh Minhinnick 4. Niua Finau-Puaka 5. Suliasi Vunivalu 6. Brayden Torpy 7. Jake Turpin 8. Christian Welch 9. Aaron Teroi 10. Rhys Kennedy 11. Shae Ah Fook 12. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 13. Pride Petterson-Robati
14. Billy Kitt 15. John Filipo 16. Francis Tualau 17. Vincent Rennie 18. Billy Brittain 19. Una Mohi

HTH

The thing I don't get with Turpin is when he first came into the side for McCullough, I seem to remember him bring way more creative. This could be just me misremembering, but I seem to recall a few darting runs off the back of some quick play the balls where he was running and stepping, engaging the line, and then playing out the back. Unless my memory of him was entirely fabricated by subconscious desire to get rid of McCullough, where is that Turpin gone? Or has he just never existed?

Turpin played halfback in his juniors, representative and early grade years. Paix is also a recently made hooker. Both are under the tutelage of Kevin Walters. If he wants them to run more he'd be yelling at them to do it.

Jake even played halfback for the Melbourne Storm in the Holden Cup.

MEL-LUteams.png

1. Tremaine Jensen 2. Tony Tumusa 3. Josh Minhinnick 4. Niua Finau-Puaka 5. Suliasi Vunivalu 6. Brayden Torpy 7. Jake Turpin 8. Christian Welch 9. Aaron Teroi 10. Rhys Kennedy 11. Shae Ah Fook 12. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 13. Pride Petterson-Robati
14. Billy Kitt 15. John Filipo 16. Francis Tualau 17. Vincent Rennie 18. Billy Brittain 19. Una Mohi

HTH

Turpin was Qld U18 hooker in 2014- try again.
Paix was Qld U18 hooker in 2018- try again.

If we loose to bulldogs is that it for Kevin? I know me personally I’ve given up on him. I get they won’t fire him this season, but surely they’re keeping an eye on who can replace him. There is only so long you can blame handling errors, our defence lasts for 40 mins and crumbles.
Yeah he literally has no clue. Don’t think he even watches the games. Gets in to the presser and just has no idea what happened in the game

The thing I don't get with Turpin is when he first came into the side for McCullough, I seem to remember him bring way more creative. This could be just me misremembering, but I seem to recall a few darting runs off the back of some quick play the balls where he was running and stepping, engaging the line, and then playing out the back. Unless my memory of him was entirely fabricated by subconscious desire to get rid of McCullough, where is that Turpin gone? Or has he just never existed?
He was creative compared to Macca. Also played less minutes. The issue is now he’s worse than Macca. Has always had one of the worst service games in the comp

Yeah Reynolds is on his own in the spine. Nui was going pretty well until he fucked himself but we are massively struggling in the 1, 6 and 9.

I thought Paix was disappointing. We struggled defensively when Turpin went off.
I think that was more due to James and Kennedy being useless.

Some very good signs there tonight. We were right in it for 60 odd minutes and with a bit more luck we could have stretched that till at least the 70' mark. Jensen and Kennedy both had good games with Jensen the better.

RK still went well aside from a dumb offload which fortunately didn't cost uus. Made up for it though with some great runs and the team's best tackler on the night , 32 and 2 misses, 94% tackle efficiency AND 3rd fastest play the balls. Good stuff. James was even worse than normal, shit 50 metres and 4 missed tackles.

Some poor misses tonight from Riki and Palasia led directly to tries when we were still in it.
Overall we had some good performances and we'll get better over the the next 3/4 of the year. Heading in the right direction.
His rushing up and not touching anyone and leaving a huge hole doesn’t count as a missed tackle though. Kennedy was garbage. Worst on field.

Yeah he literally has no clue. Don’t think he even watches the games. Gets in to the presser and just has no idea what happened in the game
Or he doesn't want to comment. Remember how Bennett was in press conferences? He'd never draw negative attention to individual players.

Do you think what we were missing last night was Payne or Patty?

I kept thinking if we had to inject a million dollars into the team that played last night, it wouldn't be in the front row.
I don’t think we necessarily needed a forward of Haas’s caliber but we were out classed in the forwards. A Welch or Safiti on 600k would’ve done the job.

I also noticed the dodgy Penrith PTBs. Really incompetent officiating to let this go, but pair this with the 6 again imbalance, no penalty on Cleary and allowing Luai to hold Hetherington in the ruck it just all adds up and ruins the game. I’m sure even an impartial viewer would agree this was inconsistent and impacted the result.
It was obviously disappointing to let in 40 after playing well for the majority of the game.
Especially the soft tries up the middle.

Do you think what we were missing last night was Payne or Patty?

I kept thinking if we had to inject a million dollars into the team that played last night, it wouldn't be in the front row.
I actually don’t think there is room in the team for both Haas and Carrigan and at half the price I know which one I’d choose. I’d also happily jettison Flegler too. Then spend 700k on an older talented prop who brings aggression to our pack. Would spend the change in the spine.

For the same cash, I would rather have Xavier Willison + Nicho Hynes than Payne Haas + Billy Walters.
Would seriously be shopping Payne around for a club wiling to release a good spine option to us.

Probably not many good options though. Melbourne need new forwards and seem a bit off Munster. Chooks for Manu.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.