Suncorp Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:35

Raiders

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I’d like to see Kobe back, I do like that we are now in a position where players need to earn spots in the top team. Whether your Kobe, Mariner, Piakura or Mozer
But not if you’re Palasia who has been terrible. He fell into the spot because of injury.

Are we going to make Walsh and Reynolds spend time in Q Cup earning their spots if they’re so obviously better than the player that replaced them whilst they were injured? That would be silly

But not if you’re Palasia who has been terrible. He fell into the spot because of injury.

Are we going to make Walsh and Reynolds spend time in Q Cup earning their spots if they’re so obviously better than the player that replaced them whilst they were injured? That would be silly
Yea Palasia is rubbish.

All the talk about kobe. He has just returned from serious injury. He has had no preseason, would not have ran the drills to death as the other forwards have and is probably going to need fitness before he comes back Into the squad. They are running plays with him at lock but he's going to need several weeks to get up to speed. There's no use rushing it when there's no real need for him to play first grade.. he would play limited minutes anyway which will do nothing for his fitness or his skills having not undergone a preseason.

All the talk about kobe. He has just returned from serious injury. He has had no preseason, would not have ran the drills to death as the other forwards have and is probably going to need fitness before he comes back Into the squad. They are running plays with him at lock but he's going to need several weeks to get up to speed. There's no use rushing it when there's no real need for him to play first grade.. he would play limited minutes anyway which will do nothing for his fitness or his skills having not undergone a preseason.
I'll take Kobe on one leg over what Palasia has been serving up.

Maybe Kev is giving Palasia another game or so to show he deserves a spot in the team, Kev probably doesn't even need to have that conversation with him. He should be looking over his shoulder with Kobe fit.

True. But at some point, we can put him on the bench with reduced minutes for roughly the same outcome. Big fan of Kobe, when fully fit, he's my lock of choice. Adds heaps, and bulks out the pack.

I think most of the "bring him back" crew are just keen to get him on the field to see how good our first choice forward pack are when we're all on the field at once. I mean..... jeeeesus.

True. But at some point, we can put him on the bench with reduced minutes for roughly the same outcome. Big fan of Kobe, when fully fit, he's my lock of choice. Adds heaps, and bulks out the pack.

I think most of the "bring him back" crew are just keen to get him on the field to see how good our first choice forward pack are when we're all on the field at once. I mean..... jeeeesus.

That's an interesting comment, your lock of choice? Would you play Patty at prop?

I think Patty is really going well at lock and is developing his ballplaying nicely.

I’d prefer Kobe back in BUT I’d prefer Kevvie stick strong instead of blowing up the side for no reason like he did last season.
Well, it's not really "no reason" though is it...Kobe semi-fit offers more than Keenan has thus far. He's getting through 80min of Cup as of the weekend, I'm sure he can do a 20 minute stint with the top flight.

Only reason to hold him back IMO is to improve his fitness levels with more game time than he'd get on the bench, otherwise it's a no brainer. Kobe >>>> Keenan.

Clearly not much given he's leaving. He's just a player that plugs a spot in the roster for this season and he's being played as such.

With Kobe rotting in reserves? Not really. I would have dropped his ass as soon as the club doctors told me Hetherington was good to go.

With Kobe rotting in reserves? Not really. I would have dropped his ass as soon as the club doctors told me Hetherington was good to go.

although knowing BHQ as i do ... and people would have started whinging about Kev changing a winning team if he had dropped Palasia

Kev might pull a last minute change in swapping Palasia with Kobe. Who knows?

Kev playing mind games with that ‘week gutted dog’ Ricky. 😀

In the words of the great wayne bennet. "If you start listening to the fans you will find yourself sitting in the stands with them". Lets hope kevy sticks to his guns and brings in Kobe when he thinks the time is right.

That's an interesting comment, your lock of choice? Would you play Patty at prop?

I think Patty is really going well at lock and is developing his ballplaying nicely.
Patty can do what he does with any number on his back. I'm just drooling at the thought of getting them all on the field at the same time.

It seems like Kevvie is making players earn their way back into the side and I have absolutely no problem with that. That's the way it should be.

Kobe was part of the side that shit the bed last year and at no point should he have a lock on any position in the side. He wasn't able to show why he should be in the 17 due to injury, but now he has his chance to do that.

The team we're picking each week are winning, you don't change a winning side unless players are giving you no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.