Suncorp Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:35

Raiders

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the talk about kobe. He has just returned from serious injury. He has had no preseason, would not have ran the drills to death as the other forwards have and is probably going to need fitness before he comes back Into the squad. They are running plays with him at lock but he's going to need several weeks to get up to speed. There's no use rushing it when there's no real need for him to play first grade.. he would play limited minutes anyway which will do nothing for his fitness or his skills having not undergone a preseason.
At Logan Metro Fields, lock Kobe Hetherington was a standout with a full 80-minutr3e performance including 164 running metres (61 post contact) from 15 hit-ups, 31 tackles, three tackle breaks and a line break assist as the Magpies scored in the dying minutes of the game to level up the scores.
I think he’s fit enough for 25 min

At Logan Metro Fields, lock Kobe Hetherington was a standout with a full 80-minutr3e performance including 164 running metres (61 post contact) from 15 hit-ups, 31 tackles, three tackle breaks and a line break assist as the Magpies scored in the dying minutes of the game to level up the scores.
This is why I raised the question, Last week fair enough he didn't play a full game in Qcup but he has now and he wouldn't be expected to do anything like 80 mins atm.

I'm still a little nervous about this one...

I can see them really coming out with a chip on their shoulder ready to play hard.

I still think we can easily outclass them if we match the energy but if not could be a close game

It's not about fitness

It's not about fitness

Didn't Palasia get re-signed for a nice chunk of change relative to his position in the squad recently?

Might be another case of a players paycheque doubling as an immunity ticket.

Didn't Palasia get re-signed for a nice chunk of change relative to his position in the squad recently?

Might be another case of a players paycheque doubling as an immunity ticket.

Palasia has signed with the Titans for a big chunk of change.

he took a smaller pay cheque to stay with us over the years.

p.s. i have zero doubt that you know exactly what is going on with Hethrington not coming straight back into the team.

Palasia has signed with the Titans for a big chunk of change.

he took a smaller pay cheque to stay with us over the years.

p.s. i have zero doubt that you know exactly what is going on with Hethrington not coming straight back into the team.

Ah yes you're correct.

Not sure where the snarky p.s came from. I don't think I've ever claimed to know what is going on with him. I only know that it's the wrong call.

Didn't both his arms explode. He's going to need to get confidence back in his body. No real rush with the way we're going.

Probably trying to get some good minutes into Kobe, Xavier, Teh Kura and LBB. We'll lose all our pack during Origin pretty much and blokes who've only played 20 mins off the bench all year won't cover it.

Didn't both his arms explode. He's going to need to get confidence back in his body. No real rush with the way we're going.

Probably trying to get some good minutes into Kobe, Xavier, Teh Kura and LBB. We'll lose all our pack during Origin pretty much and blokes who've only played 20 mins off the bench all year won't cover it.
I was actually in the "get him back in asap" camp but I've switched. Paliasias performances aren't warranting getting picked over hethrington who's performances in qld cup has but I reckon Walters has said he will pick and stick this year as long as we're winning.
Hethringtons time will come, and he will keep it. We have been so, so, so lucky with injuries and suspensions but unfortunately(touch wood!) We will need troops at different times of the season and playing 80 mins in qld cup is better than 15 mins off the bench for him to be ready for now. That will change though, our depth in the middle isn't as good as it appears I reckon...

One arm

Given our 2nd half performances (especially in close matches), I don't think the Raiders are going to get rid of the "Faders" tag anytime soon. But they won't be as big of a pushover like theTigers were, especially in the middle where they have some decent talent.

Need to hold on to the ball and stick with their aggression early (they'll be trying to prove something), and then destroy then in the 2nd half.

Or just score 20 tries in the first 5min and completely break their spirits.

Given our 2nd half performances (especially in close matches), I don't think the Raiders are going to get rid of the "Faders" tag anytime soon. But they won't be as big of a pushover like theTigers were, especially in the middle where they have some decent talent.

Need to hold on to the ball and stick with their aggression early (they'll be trying to prove something), and then destroy then in the 2nd half.

Or just score 20 tries in the first 5min and completely break their spirits.

We didn't put the queue in the rack in the 2nd half last week, but we certainly didn't respect the ball enough, so I wouldn't say our second halves are consistently top notch. It was 12-12 for the second half at one point. Let's hope the momentary complacency is stripped out of the players leading up to this game.

We didn't put the queue in the rack in the 2nd half last week, but we certainly didn't respect the ball enough, so I wouldn't say our second halves are consistently top notch. It was 12-12 for the second half at one point. Let's hope the momentary complacency is stripped out of the players leading up to this game.
Yea I think last week was a but of an anomaly in terms of 2nd half performances. We had won the game and seemed to get a bit loose with the ball.

I think last years fadeout actually helps us a lot this year in terms of getting too complacent. Hopefully the memories don't leave us until after the grand final.

For mine, apart from our D & A, our middle third should look after our “general”. Those grubby Raiders surely will attack Adam’s ribs like they did last year.
Their 2 back rowers are the grubbiest & they should be marked & bashed at every opportunity.

I'm still a little nervous about this one...

I can see them really coming out with a chip on their shoulder ready to play hard.

I still think we can easily outclass them if we match the energy but if not could be a close game
They played someone a few weeks back and absolutely blew them away through the middle of the park. I have a feeling this will similar to the Dragons game for us. I think we'll win in a tight contest only because they are missing spine players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Clintos
  • Maddy
  • Cavalo
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.