PRE-GAME [Round 6, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just luck of the draw when it comes to Injuries, we got very lucky last year with it, and now we are on the opposite end, be grateful none of them are massive injuries for key players, it's mostly minor to medium term stuff for now.

It's also just bad luck that they have coincided with a tough start to the season.

We just need to stay in touch with the 8 to get our full team back on deck ... Results have helped us somewhat, I mean we lost last week, yet still moved up the ladder a couple of places.

We are expecting Oates to play 80 on the wing so we could manage his workload in the backrow and it wouldn't be too dissimilar. Just get him to do fewer hitups and focus on tackling. Alternatively, I think we need a capable defender in the backrow more than we need Staggs in the centres. Not saying that the Dolphins are anywhere near the Panthers but that's where they scored most of their points when we moved Cobbo. We could move Arthers to the centres and play Jordan Pereira on the wing.
Playing 80 minutes on the wing is nothing compared to playing 80 minutes at second row. Absolutely nothing. Corey wont be able to handle the defensive workload.

Roosters are having HIA and suspension issues, not actual injuries.

I don't know if people are joking thinking a trip to the US is causing these injuries. Maybe I'm missing the /s ?

Besides, nothing comes close to the Bulldogs and Souths injury list.
No other club has 3 of their top 5 players out with multi-week injuries.

would you move Staggs to Riki’s spot?
I think I would at this point, he has played there before(even if it was along time ago) and we have a player who can play in his position(Arthars), and Pereira can come into Wing, Having Baker in second row is a disaster waiting to happen.

That said, Kobe would be soo much more useful to this team if he could play edge, it feels silly that he can't given he is the right size for it.

I meannnnn - obviously the picture was probably taken before the injury, but are you really going to post this if he hurt his ankle?

Slide 3:

Also, he wasn't seen "HoBbLiNg OfF aT TrAiNiNg". Tinfoil hat stuff, but maybe the journos are just driving adsense revenue because as soon as the words "Broncos Injury Crisis" are printed our fanbase (and the NRL fanbase at large) flocks. Keen to see how this plays out tomorrow.

fucking jesus walsh has some wheels on him

What mofo is out there with voodoo dolls of our entire fucking squad.

That was a reason I was pissed about losing the GF. We had been so lucky with injuries and that is a rare occurrence in a season and we missed the chance to capitalise.

**** capewell would be handy now.

I really hope kev doesn't fall into the trap of playing carrigan at 12. We are not the same team and really need his go forward. Sure he can defend there, but not in attack I would still want him on the middle.

Willison an option? Running him at nikorima or katoa all day would give them headaches.

No. I would put Willison there and bring in Te Kura.

Staggs doesn't belong in the backrow. Neither does Willison but in the case of Riki not playing, I would rather Willison there than Staggs.
Something tells me it's bad idea to have Willison start at backrow, perfectly fine option a bit later into the game when there is a bit more fatigue, but he is a massive unit to be on the edge when everyone is fresh, feels like he would be an easy target.

Just move Baker into the second row and start Willison. Baker shouldn't be in the middle on form, so give him one last opportunity to show that he can cover the second row off the bench when we're back to full fitness and if he fails then give him a (long) stint in qcup.

Carrigan to S/R, Walters to Lock, Smoothy starting at Hooker. Te Kura on the bench. If it's too small defensively, move one of the smaller guys to 5 man on the right and the prop to where Carrigan usually defends.

Sailor may have to do a stint at Dummy half. But if they work the bench properly, and we get lucky with injuries, we may be able to pull something like that off.

Bobs Burgers Thinking GIF

sorry, lost you there……..but I’m all for it as long as we trash those rejects.

It’s going to be a long season. I guess I’m hoping these injuries happening now is better than the end of the season. Just have to start getting some wins under our belt

Bobs Burgers Thinking GIF

sorry, lost you there……..but I’m all for it as long as we trash those rejects.
To simplify it, It's modifying the 14 role so that the #8 & #9 are small forwards, meaning that they could jerry rig Mozer (or bring Paix back) into the team down the line. With Sailor covering it in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.