PRE-GAME [Round 6, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope kev doesn't fall into the trap of playing carrigan at 12. We are not the same team and really need his go forward. Sure he can defend there, but not in attack I would still want him on the middle.

Willison an option? Running him at nikorima or katoa all day would give them headaches.
I'm more worried about nikorima running around him all game.

Schuster has been granted an immediate release from Manly - should we chase him as long as Manly put up most of his freight and we can keep him away from Maccas?

Manly's version of Milford?

its a no from me dawg GIF

Ultimately we might have to suck it up and put patty in the backrow. I would much prefer our go forward to struggle and we score less points than watch the dolphins put a cricket score on us. The storm game showed that we can have significantly shitter forwards and our small men can still stack the points on teams.

Moving Carrigan should absolutely not be an option, especially with Haas out.

I'd rather move Staggs there and bring in Peirera. I think the most likely thing to happen will be Willison to play right edge and Te Kura onto the pine.

That injury for Hoeter is heartbreaking, he was great on the weekend for Wynnum.

Three-line breaks, two tries, 180m, 1 try assist, 12 tackles, zero misses- the final try in a six-point win and 12 tackle breaks.

Pretty much perfect centre's game- wore head gear too- I like a centre that wears head gear.

His knee was strapped on the weekend too, not sure if it was existing injury.

Schuster has been granted an immediate release from Manly - should we chase him as long as Manly put up most of his freight and we can keep him away from Maccas?

He's actually a quality back rower, so I'd consider it as long as he has got playing 6 out of his head

Madden was great on Saturday too, he found the brake and just plotted through the game. Only ran the ball six times- YES! Didn't miss a tackle and kicked beautifully and have a look at his outside backs.

Milson 186m
Hopoate 127m
Hoeter 180m
Broadhurst 117m

Five-line breaks,
Three iine break assists
Four try assists
Five tries

That's pure half play.

He could be an interesting pick up, covers second row and five eighth (if absolutely required) off the bench. Also very similar potential to Fifita, who Hasler has been playing off the bench as of late.

His ball playing could be put to use to give Carrigan a rest at lock as well, without upsetting the game plan too much. So I could go either way if Kevie thinks he can get the best out of him and buy in to team's brand of footy.

Even if you entertain the idea of Schuster, you need him for basically minimum wage and that isn't going to happen. If it came to a choice between him and TPJ for some reason (just as a hypothetical), I'm going TPJ because at least he has an elite performance in him. Schuster has only ever had potential and been paid for that alone.

Even with a full strength pack we suffer when we move Patty. Find another option.
Against top opposition I agree but the dolphins pack sucks just as bad. I back Hetho and Te Kura to pick up the slack, I don’t back any of these other blokes to defend well at second row for 80. I don’t think we have a choice for a full 80 at the minute unless we go scratching for an exemption to play Stuckey or Patston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.