PRE-GAME [Round 6, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Reyno could play in this game, no way should the club take that chance.

Give him a couple of weeks off. Don’t take chances with hamstring strains because the potential for it to go from being a 1-2 week injury to a up to two months injury are too great to risk it.

With Walsh likely back, Madden can do the job just fine for a couple of weeks.

Baker needs to figure out what his role is.

His two good games were against a poor Bunnies and a poor Cows... tonight he was miles behind Jenson and Patty in taking the tough hitups, and then he was miles behind Te Kura on debut who schooled him in the meters department.

He's definitely not a starter, which is ok, because he wouldn't be a starter at full strength anyway... but I'm not sure if he brings enough impact from the bench when we get so many minutes out of Patty and Payne at full strength.

In the cows game he done a great job of finding his front and getting quick ptbs... he needs to realise that's his value and put his hands up for the hit ups... he had 19m tonight and 29 tackles... even if they were making him make more tackles that's just nowhere near good enough in 35mins.

He might need some time down in reserve grade to figure out how to play 30-40mins effectively, because he's not going to be a big minute prop that builds into a game with Patty and Payne here.

It may not happen next week though, because I think Willison is still within his 11-day stand down and Haas is at week 3 of his 4-6 weeks.
Just thinking, is there a club we could loan a player to that has an embarrassment of richs in the front? I know we loaned Arthar to the warriors last year? Sailor, Oats, or Arthar could get a bite.

Not discounting their value. Just more about balance. That's really asking about our depth in our backs. We already know we don't have that upfront.

Piakura has some serious concerns around injury proneness. If Patty cops an injury or suspension...we are very light up front.

@Wolfie why dont we have pattys cousin in the broncos system?

Ezra has really warmed into the season after a slow start. If Reyno is out I think we're good with Ez and Madden. Madden needs to just focus on game management, and let Mam play to his strengths.
That's the problem with being light up front. I just want forwards to roll down, madden to shot select. Kick for corners or a towering bomb. I don't think madden was either kicks.

We are really asking Billy to do this. Has Ezra booted a ball down field, or put up a towering bomb? He probably has, but my xxxx watching might have seen otherwise.

Yeah Deine was limping around after the Coates hit, he showed amazing toughness in hindsight.

We potentially have all of these blokes out:
Walsh
Reynolds
Willison
Mariner
Haas
Piakura

Plus we might as well be playing with 16 men given Baker is useless.
That's nuts.

Yeah Deine was limping around after the Coates hit, he showed amazing toughness in hindsight.

Walsh
Reynolds
Willison
Mariner
Haas
Piakura

That's nuts.
Baker vs flegler. Sigh.

Walsh
Reynolds
Willison
Mariner
Haas
Piakura

That's nuts.

Willison was a head knock. it won't cause him to miss two games

Willison was a head knock. it won't cause him to miss two games
Concussion though... so isn't it an 11-day stand down??

Happened right on teamlist Tuesday so 11th day is like Saturday I think.

Likely team with injuries:

1. Sailor
2. Arthurs
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Oates
6. Mam
7. Madden
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Baker
11. Hunt
12. Riki
13. Carrigan (c)
14. Smoothy
15. Willison
16. Hetherington
17. Te Kura

It means we don’t have the luxury of carrying Oates to play a backline position if injury strikes again. But we still have plenty of strike power if Madden can just kick us to good spots.

There's probably $600k cap difference between those players to be fair.

If we retained Flegler we're losing other players... we're not the rorters
I just hope we can get more output out of baker this game.

Concussion though... so isn't it an 11-day stand down??

Happened right on teamlist Tuesday so 11th day is like Saturday I think.
can apply for an exemption if he shows no symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • The Don
  • mrslong
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.