POST GAME Round 6 - Broncos vs Roosters

??

hystery.gif
Haha that's right, Hunt is a great field goal kicker.

That last one should have been a penalty for a JWH flop ...

Ooh. McCullogh did get crunched when Thaiday picked up Harvreaves and dumped him right on top of McCullough.

I've seen this about 100 times already and I'm still not sick of it. I've been replaying the try over and over again.

To me, it's the best try he has ever scored. Not because it was in extra time, it's the team he scored it against. One of the best defensive sides in the world, the second best team in the world and just sliced through them like it was fucking nothing..

And Pearce couldn't stop him! That made it even better.

Last edited:
I've seen this about 100 times already and I'm still not sick of it. I've been replaying the try over and over again.

To me, it's the best try he has ever scored. Not because it was in extra time, it's the team he scored it against. One of the best defensive sides in the world, the second best team in the world and just sliced through them like it was fucking nothing..

And Pearce couldn't stop him! That made it even better.

The Pearce attempted tackle is what really did it for me.

It was a roller coaster of a game. I agree with others that have said we would have lost a game like that in seasons gone by. Whether it was Griffin, our playing squad being a year older and wiser or the Bennett factor, I don't really care. The team of 2015 is different.

A few things I'll add:

Regarding Thaiday and Glenn. Credit where it's due, these two have been immense in the last few weeks and have consistently been involved in some crucial plays that have swung momentum our way. Outstanding effort. My question to the forum is this: How much do you put it down to them being used more effectively this season and how much is down to them them playing for a contract? 50/50? 90/10? Is it still too early to tell? Keen to hear your thoughts.

These are two players that Bennett has publicly called out to lift and they are rising to the challenge, no doubts there, but it's funny how off-contract players tend to do that.

Our forwards were outstanding. They got the better of the Roosters pack. I haven't seen the Roosters rattled like that in a while but we seemed to look so much faster and fitter than they were. We hit harder too and Thaiday deserves a lot of credit. It was his best game in several seasons. It was a lead from the front performance of the highest order.

Our halves were a real mixed bag for mine. They did not really capitalise on all the great work our forwards did and they need to improve. The kicking game is really below par and needs to get better. I'd like to see more of a focus on getting repeat sets. The Roosters had that worked out and very nearly got us. I know our halves are a work in progress but we really can't afford to be giving away so many 7 tackle sets. Hunt seems to be aware of it though as he looked dirty on himself after several kicks. It was an absolute delight seeing him score the match winning try. How many did he beat? I lost count.

Superb win, looking forward to the Dragons game.

Just to add to the Ben Hunt moment...

It seemed like he threatened to do this on a couple of occasions last year. I remember games against the Gold Coast & Cronulla where he broke through with little time left only to be cruelly denied by some factor. To finally see him get his moment of glory on a big occasion like that was such a thrill.

Like the Hoffman pass to the touchie lol

So good to wear my Broncos gear inSydney to bring on the butthurt

Did anyone notice how much blood was coming out of Pearce's head at full time?

It seems his attempted tackle on Hunt cut the side of his head open.. It did look like he copped a boot trying to tackle him.

The try just got even better.

I was very interested in the team song in the sheds post victory.

Team Victory Song After Roosters - Broncos

Biggest win we've had since Lockyer's last ever game, and the song is fairly subdued.

McGuire goes for the bin smash but backs away. It was a very interesting video for mine... A bit controlled/professional show of emotion. Maybe it was Bennett's message - good effort, but do it every week and there's still a long way to go to be a premiership force.

No dickheads like Hoffman getting carried away after beating the Titans in a dead rubber type thing..No one's cares about being a goose in front of Griffin...

Did anyone notice how much blood was coming out of Pearce's head at full time?

It seems his attempted tackle on Hunt cut the side of his head open.. It did look like he copped a boot trying to tackle him.

The try just got even better.

Awesome. But Hunt pulled a bit of an all or nothing on that one didn't he? A better effort from Pearce and he falls short.

This is from the fox sports Monday buzz.
worth a laugh anyways.

"SPIN CYCLE

On one of the rare occasions they got something right, the NRL spin doctors sent Todd Greenberg and Gerard Sutton to The Footy Show last week to bask in the glory. Let’s hope they do the same to explain the next major stuff-up. It would be nice to know why the Broncos were not penalised once in the second half against the Roosters."

This is from the fox sports Monday buzz.
worth a laugh anyways.

"SPIN CYCLE

On one of the rare occasions they got something right, the NRL spin doctors sent Todd Greenberg and Gerard Sutton to The Footy Show last week to bask in the glory. Let’s hope they do the same to explain the next major stuff-up. It would be nice to know why the Broncos were not penalised once in the second half against the Roosters."

Yeah, it would also be nice to now why JWH wasn't penalised even though he spent most of the second half so offside it looked like we had 14 players on the field

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Yellowfella
  • Mighty Bronx
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.