POST GAME Round 6 - Broncos vs Roosters

Just my opinion Porthoz. To me he should have held it regardless
Yeah, I can understand that, and it's fair enough that you think that.

But in terms of rules of the game, it should've been a try, and it should've been a possible 8 point try at that, given the head hit Kodi copped. That is, if there was any consistency in regards to refereeing in the game...

Re: Round 6 -Broncos vs Roosters

The refs have to be sure that Friend was attempting to rake the ball and it wasn't just a loose carry.

In those situations it's difficult to prove intent and I don't think the benefit of the doubt extends that far.

I just want to say congrats to Thaiday, I thought as I stated in the pre-game thread that he needs to have the game of the season for us to win. Not only did he do that, but provided us with the game of about 3 seasons. Loved how he took it to that grub JWH. What a fucking twerp, hated being dominated by a man who career is apparently on thin ice over the next few weeks (form the way Wayne speaks I doubt this). Thanks to the team as a whole for putting your hand up and nutting out a victory, even when a lot of people even the diehard fans (some in this forum) didn't give you a dogs chance of winning. Good job, keep listening to the coach...

Re: Round 6 -Broncos vs Roosters

The refs have to be sure that Friend was attempting to rake the ball and it wasn't just a loose carry.

In those situations it's difficult to prove intent and I don't think the benefit of the doubt extends that far.
Even if that was true, it went upstairs as a try, and there is no way the video ref could've been certain it wasn't raked.

And that's where the current video referee system is unclear.

It was sent upstairs as a try but Sutton thought Kodi had grounded it cleanly.

That clearly wasn't the case and I don't think he was aware of the Jake Friend hand - if he had have been I believe he would have mentioned it specifically.

It's a case of how far benefit of the doubt should go. Should it remain despite a whole new element coming into play which is hard to argue against the opposition?

Bennett picked Maranta ahead of Oates already. I have a feeling you people dont read the whole thing and just assume I'm promoting Maranta hete.

Wait....

1428761430.jpg

Bennett picked Maranta ahead of Oates already. I have a feeling you people dont read the whole thing and just assume I'm promoting Maranta hete.

the reason for that was reported as Oates needing match fitness because of his off season surgery

Safe at the back ?! Watch their first try and explain to me how safe he was.

Also, his excuse for running the ball back like child from the Under 5's is his size ? Mate there have been countless players who lack the size to compete with others, yet they always give their all with each run.
Remember a bloke called Khunt ?

I'm not going to comment on Maranta's game, but when I see someone saying he was "safe" I have to try and bring them back to reality.

All in all, a great win by a solid team.

The passive aggressive stuff gets a bit wearisome around here sometimes. I have an opinion that is different to yours, deal with it. Yes, I consider that for a fourth string fullback he had a safe game. At no time did I say he was perfect, or that his positioning in every play was spot on. If you would actually read what I said that may be helpful. When I see someone comparing an NRL standard player to a kid playing Under 5's, I don't bother trying to bring them back to reality, it is painfully obvious that this would be a waste of time. I do however respect your right to hold your opinion.

This happens every game. I'm even guilty of yelling it a few times. Always gets a good laugh but hardly original.

Damn, here I was thinking that guy was a comedic genius......

You hear it all game but the timing on this was just spot on and the fact that the game was just over a minute old.... I lost it.

The passive aggressive stuff gets a bit wearisome around here sometimes. I have an opinion that is different to yours, deal with it. Yes, I consider that for a fourth string fullback he had a safe game. At no time did I say he was perfect, or that his positioning in every play was spot on. If you would actually read what I said that may be helpful. When I see someone comparing an NRL standard player to a kid playing Under 5's, I don't bother trying to bring them back to reality, it is painfully obvious that this would be a waste of time. I do however respect your right to hold your opinion.

Mate at no point was I disrespecting your opinion, and I apologise if that's how it came across.
All I was asking was for you to explain the reasoning behind why you think he was safe, when he clearly let in a try without attempting to even stop it.

I'm the first to acknowledge when Maranta has a good game, but when I see him do stupid shit it just irritates me beyond belief.

Last edited:
Now that it's been 24hrs I think I'm safe(r) saying this, but I was kinda disappointed by Hunt in the last 5 mins last night. His field goal attempts were rubbish and that pass in the final 2mins that gave the Roosters the ball was potentially costly. Not to mention the kick out on the full. He did well to win us the game but come finals time it could just as easily cost us the game if he does that kinda stuff again.

He's still improving which is great, and he is definitely match winner, but I'd like to see him have more composure next time around.

He hasn't really been in that situation much in his career and it looked like the pressure got to him.

We've always had Lockyer, Wallace or Hodges to rely on and guide the team.

I think he will learn from it and improve that part of his game.

I just finished watching the replay ... and IMO on Hunt's second field goal attempt, he positioned himself on the wrong side of the ruck, making the attempt harder

To be fair, Maloney choked just as much. He couldn't get a shot away on tackle 4 but for some reason stepped inside and had a mongrel effort instead of just taking the tackle and letting Pearce take a shot.

Mate at no point was I disrespecting your opinion, and I apologise if that's how it came across.
All I was asking was for you to explain the reasoning behind why you think he was safe, when he clearly let in a try without attempting to even stop it.

I'm the first to acknowledge when Maranta has a good game, but when I see him do stupid shit it just irritates me beyond belief.

Mate it has been a very long week for me work wise, so I am down on a lot of sleep and if I read it the wrong way, my apologies. I want to have another look (perhaps two) at the game and I will come back with my reasoning or acknowledge your views.

To be fair, Maloney choked just as much. He couldn't get a shot away on tackle 4 but for some reason stepped inside and had a mongrel effort instead of just taking the tackle and letting Pearce take a shot.

Sam Thaiday put a lot of pressure on him before that one. Jeez Sam played well. I still don't want him to re-sign just yet though. Need to see that more often.

He hasn't really been in that situation much in his career and it looked like the pressure got to him.

We've always had Lockyer, Wallace or Hodges to rely on and guide the team.

I think he will learn from it and improve that part of his game.

??

hystery.gif

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • OnToSomething
  • Yellowfella
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.